Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1643 1644 [1645] 1646 1647 ... 3509

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3516184 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24660 on: October 27, 2018, 12:44:17 pm »

Mostly referring back to Redking's:

Heavyset white male... Was taken injured but alive, because of course he was -- he's white.

The BLM message being that if he were black he wouldn't have been taken alive.
Convince me otherwise, bro.

You made the claim, you prove it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24661 on: October 27, 2018, 12:45:27 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24662 on: October 27, 2018, 12:54:47 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
Sick burn, hans. :3
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24663 on: October 27, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »

There's a nice thread for discussing these issues.  Don't worry about the fair-and-balanced name, people do occasionally go there for discussion occasionally.  It's also a fine place for salt, though.

I've linked back a little to discussion of the man shot in his apartment, since you brought it up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24664 on: October 27, 2018, 01:01:18 pm »

But for real though light-skinned people don't get called terrorists in the US unless it turns out they are from the wrong part of the world or follow the wrong religion. The wrong kind of light skin and/or God, you see. They always wait to check first.

Media definition of domestic terrorist = Brown person who cheated his way into citizenship somehow.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24665 on: October 27, 2018, 01:03:13 pm »

I totally agree there.  This was domestic terrorism, and yet Trump and even Fake News are going to call it anything but.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24666 on: October 27, 2018, 01:03:51 pm »

This is just as sad as saying "there's good people on both sides". Whistle past that particular fucking graveyard all you want. I would love to find some statistics, because I will bet you some good damn money that white active shooters have a much higher survival rate (not counting the ones who suicide) than active shooters of other races.

In any case, it's not germane to the core story, which is yet another mass shooting by a right-wing nutjob with an AR-15. Apparently the shooter wasn't a Trump supporter because Trump had Jews among his advisors.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24667 on: October 27, 2018, 01:06:13 pm »

As my news rapported it, he surrendered after being injured.
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24668 on: October 27, 2018, 01:06:37 pm »

This is just as sad as saying "there's good people on both sides". Whistle past that particular fucking graveyard all you want. I would love to find some statistics, because I will bet you some good damn money that white active shooters have a much higher survival rate (not counting the ones who suicide) than active shooters of other races.

In any case, it's not germane to the core story, which is yet another mass shooting by a right-wing nutjob with an AR-15. Apparently the shooter wasn't a Trump supporter because Trump had Jews among his advisors.
Never mind that Trump and his advisors have been known to push antisemitic news and memes.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24669 on: October 27, 2018, 01:11:58 pm »

Never mind that Trump and his advisors have been known to push antisemitic news and memes.
True, but for this guy in particular, it was a no-go.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24670 on: October 27, 2018, 01:18:52 pm »

Wasn't Trump's first statement about it something about it being acts of terror, or terror causing acts or something? I mean he walked it back within an hour to Democrats plotting to ruin his sterling reputation, but still.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24671 on: October 27, 2018, 01:31:25 pm »

It's just more of the everything burger strat that Trumpists love so much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24672 on: October 27, 2018, 03:08:01 pm »

So MAGAbomber is already outdone by Juicegunner?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24673 on: October 27, 2018, 04:01:23 pm »

So MAGAbomber is already outdone by Juicegunner?
Goygunner.

EDIT: Death toll up to 11. No word on whether that includes the 3 officers shot, and/or their condition.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:30:15 pm by RedKing »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #24674 on: October 27, 2018, 04:54:30 pm »

If it weren't for his son in law, I'm sure Trump would be blaming the victims right now.
Pages: 1 ... 1643 1644 [1645] 1646 1647 ... 3509