Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 61247 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1215 on: May 12, 2024, 03:50:12 am »

"Suppose so, yeah." She wonders how she got to getting life advice from the Mishima heiress of all people. Her life is getting more complicated by the second, and a part of her wonders how long she has until something gives. "I should probably let you get out of here. You get hit like that, you need the rest, even if you're tough."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 01:27:34 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 13, 2024, 07:30:43 pm »

"Actually, before either of you leave..."

Mori stepped into view from around the corner where he'd been waiting.

"I actually need to talk to both of you." he said, "Akari, I should probably speak to you first."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1217 on: May 14, 2024, 08:20:23 am »

And just like that, all traces of sympathy vanish from her expression.
"What do you want?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 14, 2024, 08:39:12 am »

"Well is that any way to... Mori paused, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.

*"Remember Sawatari, I know this is hard for you, but you're trying to not be an asshole."* he muttered under his breath.

"I wanted to apologize." he began, "For being a complete asshole to you, a shitty teammate, and for talking about things I don't know enough to understand."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 14, 2024, 09:24:53 am »

At that, Kanade visibly raises an eyebrow.

Akihiko moves, seemingly to parry the attack with a wall of flames, but-

Put your heart into it, you damn coward.

He trembles. A wall of flames catches some of the projectiles, but it gives out quickly enough that some of them nail Akihiko, shattering against him as they knock him back, a cloud of dust kicked up.

What the hell is this, Akihiko?
Shut up.
A tool of justice? You can't master me if you don't fight, Akihiko.

More projectiles start hailing towards him. Akihiko dashes to the side, looking for a way in.
It's not a coincidence you summoned an Oni for a demon, Akihiko. An Oni enjoys the thrill of the fight. Let yourself enjoy the fight.

His movements are robotic, tired; a far cry from the martial artist Mildred knew.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1220 on: May 14, 2024, 10:50:08 am »

Shiro opens her mouth to retort, then closes it.
"I wasn't expecting that."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 14, 2024, 10:55:53 am »

"Yeah, well, I had a traumatic experience and it made me reevaluate how I was going about my relationships with others." Mori replied, "I realized I was putting my issues ahead of actually trying to deal with things effectively, and the first step towards fixing that was to try to make amends with the people I'd been a dick to for no reason."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1222 on: May 14, 2024, 11:35:35 am »

"I'm not going to apologize for trying to turn your face into avant-garde art, but as long as you mind yourself, we should have no further issues."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 14, 2024, 12:37:39 pm »

"Yeah... didn't expect you to." Mori replied, "Well, with that out of the way, I actually wanted to ask you for help with something. Please don't take this to mean my apology was insincere, I genuinely meant what I said, but you're also the only person I know I can actually ask to help me with this."

"I need to learn how to fight. Or... at least some basic self-defense. I can't just be a sitting duck again. I'm a quick study, especially when it comes to body language and choreography, for what it's worth, and I don't care how much you need to beat the shit out of me. I will not allow myself to be useless again."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 12:42:08 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1224 on: May 14, 2024, 12:48:34 pm »

"Now that's a mentality I can respect. Yeah. I'll help you out. One condition, though, and if you violate it, I will turn you inside out, apology or no apology."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 14, 2024, 12:58:20 pm »

"Name it. If I can't promise it, I'll get out of your hair. If I can, I'll follow it to the letter."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1226 on: May 14, 2024, 02:44:44 pm »

"Don't tell anyone about the people I'm going to have you sparring with to practice who doesn't already know."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 14, 2024, 02:53:28 pm »

"Keeping secrets? Yeah, that I can manage."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1228 on: May 15, 2024, 07:48:49 pm »

Shiro turns to Kanade.
"You mind if I take your boy toy downtown for a bit?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Long as you return him mostly intact."
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]