Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1288258 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6810 on: October 12, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »

Decided to steal a Masako Bear to put in my garage. This required going into a specific district, causing enough cause to max out notoriety, and jacking the APC when it showed up... and a lot of them showed up. Managed to jump into one, backed over a Masako trooper trying to grab on the back, and bust out of the clusterfuck of a PIT maneuver that was happening around me. While speeding off, I took a direct roof hit from an attack helicopter which wrecked the entire armor of the vehicle and blew out all six tires. Even then, I brought it back to my garage intact enough to put it in. I snagged an FBI truck while I was there.

After hiding out for a bit, and noticing that hiding out does not reduce notoriety when it's maxed, I left, jacked another FBI truck, and pushed through traffic until I got into the nearest Forgive&Forget.

I later added nitrous to the Bear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:01 pm »

Basically Solo'd Daimon, since he took out all my pawns with his void thing before we took out his second healthbar (of like 8 or so). Was pretty intense, went full Dark Souls by spending half the fight nudged up against his crotch. Only ended up using one wakestone I think. Also remembered to pop an experience booster before the final blow, which ended up giving me 9 levels.

Dragons Dogma
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: October 14, 2016, 04:36:41 pm »

Me and a friend decide to do a dungeon. LFG place us in a party... with no healer. We decide to try anyway. We have some close calls, but get to the final boss. We repeatedly state that people should absolutely not touch the fucking hard mode item. Guess what one imbecile did? He activated hard mode. I had to tank, dodging some really nasty patterns, for TWENTY MINUTES STRAIGHT. TWENTY. I could barely feel my fingertips. We won, but I made a point to tell the guy to go fuck himself.

Elder Scrolls Online, Veteran Crypt of Hearts I
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: October 14, 2016, 08:31:21 pm »

The Algerians started rushing troops earlier than anticipated. I hadn't even started getting military units out and they had archers(non-mercenary, which Algerians have) halfway across the map. I, playing as Austria, quickly pump out some Roundshiers(Austrian unique unit) to meet them. They're cheaper, and have four times the defense against arrows(archers are the only unit in the game using arrows) than pikemen do. I get about 20 or so against their 16, and I lost nearly half killing them all, most to the initial barrage. Right, that works. I start churning them out nonstop.

I'm able to grind forward this way to about 2/3rds of the distance between my town and theirs, and even them adding Light Infantry to their lineup didn't help much; I don't recall taking more than single digits' worth of casualties across the entire game from the LIs, and even then it was probably the archers. They did, of course, delay my Roundshier wall from reaching the archers.

Started researching unit upgrades from the barracks. Discovered that the physical training upgrades improve the defense stat of all damage types for Roundshiers and Pikemen, and gave a significant advantage. Eventually got the stables built, plus the cavalry training time upgrade, and put out a good-sized force of Croats(also Austrian unique - nice light cavalry). Using them to push the initial wave of archers devastated their army, and allowed my troops to rampage through their town. Before long, they surrendered.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: October 15, 2016, 06:38:55 pm »

Apparently you can get by by just punching everything.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: October 15, 2016, 07:11:49 pm »

The unstoppable force known as the Macho Man met the immovable object Andre the Giant in a championship match. The dream came true. CREAM OF THE CROP! SKYS THE LIMIT!

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: October 15, 2016, 07:15:00 pm »

Yeah, the controls have been getting jankier each year. I kinda wish they'd just go back to the simple elegance the N64 wrestling games had for controls, but that'll never happen.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: October 15, 2016, 07:20:36 pm »

More fun with a team that's half-banned from multiplayer. Helper Star Sapphire isn't, but she's still top tier for good goddamn reason. Just cleared the Magma Admin Tabitha fight with a dead simple move order: Nasty Plot + Rain Dance when Tabitha's Rin came out first, Surf to kill it, then one Hydro Pump for each of the three others. And that's why coverage is important.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: October 15, 2016, 07:48:59 pm »

Made it through the entire game without dying once. Bottled the first fairy I could, but never needed it. Poor fairy, I think those bottles are airtight too.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: October 15, 2016, 08:27:52 pm »

Aaand I just used the exact same combo to roll Maxie's fight. Had to chug two hyper potions, but that's to be expected when this romhack changes it from three sorta-meh 'mons in the high 30s to five stronk ones in the low '50s (some of which could easily wipe my whole team if they got rolling).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: October 16, 2016, 03:58:57 am »

I solo'd a Uranus data vault without triggering the alarm or using any ciphers!

(And had to Abort Mission for RL reasons not too long after ;~;)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: October 18, 2016, 08:45:56 pm »

More fun with a team that's half-banned from multiplayer. Helper Star Sapphire isn't, but she's still top tier for good goddamn reason. Just cleared the Magma Admin Tabitha fight with a dead simple move order: Nasty Plot + Rain Dance when Tabitha's Rin came out first, Surf to kill it, then one Hydro Pump for each of the three others. And that's why coverage is important.

I think I found the download for this...how do I get it working? The Emerald ROM isn't the issue, it's the...whatever I have to do to turn it from Emerald to Amethyst. Patch, whatever. The readme covers just about everything except the install process.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: October 19, 2016, 09:17:07 am »

Made it to the dreaded Ornstein and Smough I'd been hearing stories about. Beat them on my second try.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: October 19, 2016, 03:48:28 pm »

Made it to the dreaded Ornstein and Smough I'd been hearing stories about. Beat them on my second try.

You are a wizard and I want to learn your wizard-y ways.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: October 19, 2016, 04:15:53 pm »

If you are having trouble with the dynamic duo, you can also summon Solaire to tank one of them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 709