Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1846662 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3030 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »

"If you live, say it was [Somebunch of Bastards]!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 12, 2015, 08:22:28 pm »

*game suddenly stops*
*you're dropped out of fast travel*
*an alert pops up*

Kilishreembus!

Ah, the nostalgia.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 12, 2015, 08:45:38 pm »

I miss that shit, yeah.

I also miss quests. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3033 on: December 12, 2015, 09:08:15 pm »

Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 13, 2015, 01:31:03 am »

*game suddenly stops*
*you're dropped out of fast travel*
*an alert pops up*

Kilishreembus!

Ah, the nostalgia.
Care to explain for those who haven't been around since the forging of time?
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 13, 2015, 01:42:37 am »

Kobold ambush. They can speak but they have the [UTTERANCES] creature token which prevents them from having a proper language of their own, so they only garble gibberish.

Here's a way to generate such gibberish, for the record (taken from the wiki):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 13, 2015, 07:22:12 am »

I, for one, would like a weapon generator, although I'm just thinking of more hilt designs for swords or engraved blades, or even battle axes with more than one blade (and then to figure out how this would affect combat).
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 13, 2015, 10:55:54 am »

Do you plan to come back with quests or assignments in adventure mode in any way?

It is impossible to know how to build good reputation with a entity just following rumors. Killing bandits harassing a hamlet cause people to call you a killer. Kill a vampire and people will call you murderer.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 13, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

Or you could be a legendary singer and have people love you for a purely positive action.

Are there any plans to expand upon the information given about books, poems, music, etc?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 13, 2015, 01:11:26 pm »

Do you plan to come back with quests or assignments in adventure mode in any way?

This. Hell yes. I asked exactly this and suggested a few ideas how how it could work, at least UI-wise, a page or two ago.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 13, 2015, 01:19:46 pm »

Or you could be a legendary singer and have people love you for a purely positive action ]

It's impossible to be a hero just singing.

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 13, 2015, 07:25:23 pm »

Or you could be a legendary singer and have people love you for a purely positive action ]

It's impossible to be a hero just singing.
The dwarven language does not know the word "impossible".
Maybe you're not trying hard enough.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 13, 2015, 08:02:53 pm »

*a door slams open, blasts of blood-soaked snow outlining a hulking figure clothed in polar bear hides and goblin bone armor staggers in, dropping a pack full of scrolls and books and musical instruments on the floor*

*her lips crack, and a gravelly voice begins to croak out as chunks of frozen vomit fall to the floor from her long double braided beard*

TOADY! Did ye' fix the random bard-and-poet-murderin'?

I mean, yes, it is more fitting for people to show up and perform and hang out and socialize without biting each other to death while shanking their neighbors... but dang.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ok, it was just a really weirdly peaceful town I was in, but I found another town that had the proper amount of random murdering.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:54:10 am by Max™ »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 13, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »

Will settled dwarves ever leave the fortress for any reason? Like, say, an accused vampire fleeing justice? Or your dwarves fleeing a tyrannical overseer?

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 14, 2015, 01:33:01 am »

Will settled dwarves ever leave the fortress for any reason? Like, say, an accused vampire fleeing justice? Or your dwarves fleeing a tyrannical overseer?

Toady has talked about emigration before. It will be added at some point, probably after player fortresses can interact with hillocks, which will be possible after the starting scenarios update. Dwarves will leave the fortress if they are unhappy.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 306