Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 38298 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2013, 04:09:06 am »

Thanks!  Any advice for finding the embark site?

Here you are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll edit that into the post containing the world too.

MoridinUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2013, 02:39:01 am »

Thanks for that, could I be dwarfed please!  Some interesting labour or in the military! And can I sign up for a turn?  Maybe I'll still be too useless when we get to me and if so I'll drop out which I will also do if I can't do it quickly.  But the list is long and I need my name on it if I want to take part at all! 

:)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:30 am »

I ah... time had been eaten by life and discovering the joys of recording my own videos.
Expect a turn tomorrow. Promise.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:42 am »

I think I won't be able to take my turn. Sorry.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:43 am »

Skip me too please. Very sorry.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

MoridinUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 22, 2013, 02:06:13 am »

:'( Is Ghoullights dying?   Good luck with exams all you highly creative young 'uns!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 22, 2013, 02:46:35 am »

:'( Is Ghoullights dying?   Good luck with exams all you highly creative young 'uns!

Thanks so much!

Ghoullights won't die so long as there's one player on the succession list who wants to take his turn. Don't worry. Speaking of, I'm adding you to both lists.

Hotaru, Yuli - thanks for being team players and letting us know in time. That's super. Feel free to sign up for another turn later if you want to.

All that means Person is up next. Good luck!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2013, 02:54:34 am »

Not at all, Ghoullights is just getting started! I apologize for holding everything up. I could give you excuses, but I'd rather give you an update.

Speaking of which, I'm working on the update, but here's a small teaser...

I had to take necessary precautions.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2013, 06:15:18 am »

I'm fine taking my turn after cognitive. Also, zombie elephants eh? The plot thickens.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:58 am »

If it dies, we'll just drop it on evil ground and wait until it gets up again. And if that doesn't work, we'll get a necromancer to reanimate it. I won't be able to take my turn any time soon but that's just a delay. I'll take my turn when the time comes.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:56 pm »

I can't take my turn until June sometime, both because of exams and because my computer is being fixed.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 22, 2013, 08:38:07 pm »

On the subject of my turn, there is the matter of me having a major surgery soon though, so if Cognitives turn ends at around May 30th EST, I may not be able to start for a little bit for obvious reasons. So yeah, if I don't post for a bit give me some time. I will have internet at the hospital, so even if I have to stay awhile I should be able to download the save. The odds of the current turn taking that long are pretty low though, so we shouldn't have to worry. It will come up though if I take more than a week for my turn though, which IS likely. Just clarifying this all in advance just in case,.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

MoridinUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 23, 2013, 12:40:07 am »

I can't take my turn until June sometime, both because of exams and because my computer is being fixed.

Wouldn't it be easier if you could just send you exams off to get fixed!  ;)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2013, 03:32:32 am »

On the subject of my turn, there is the matter of me having a major surgery soon though, so if Cognitives turn ends at around May 30th EST, I may not be able to start for a little bit for obvious reasons. So yeah, if I don't post for a bit give me some time. I will have internet at the hospital, so even if I have to stay awhile I should be able to download the save. The odds of the current turn taking that long are pretty low though, so we shouldn't have to worry. It will come up though if I take more than a week for my turn though, which IS likely. Just clarifying this all in advance just in case,.

Thanks for letting us know. You absolutely must not worry about things like that while you're in the hospital; it's just a game after all. Let's all hope that all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:54 am »

Thanks for letting us know. You absolutely must not worry about things like that while you're in the hospital; it's just a game after all. Let's all hope that all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.
I can happily replace you as the successor of Cogntive if you want.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36