Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 72642 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 08:52:02 am »

"Than let our faith be strong and guide us with sense. Your blessings, Chaplain Lars."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 08:54:34 am »

Jim shrugged again at the 'General' title, but didn't comment, choosing to let Lars and Bartholomew speak.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:24 am »

Lars smiled warmly.  "May Algis shield us all, and may Pathmas choose to favor us this day."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 09:43:06 am »

@Jim: Everything is pretty fine for now. Not much worries.

Renen overhears the conversation.

Oh, so this is your first mission... don't worry, everything will be fine, mostly...

Brother Lars, how are things with you? Have you finished reading all of the Phanteon of HRMC?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:09 am »

@Renen:"Oh, hello. What is your name? I'm Bartolomew Markov."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 09:53:19 am »

Brother Lars hangs his head a bit.  "With all the prophetic work I've been doing for Most Holy Steve with the war effort, there are some passages I haven't completed.  There is no rest in the work of the divine."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:00 am »

I'm Renen Averius von Raptum. It's a pleasure to meet you Bartolomew
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 03:21:46 pm »

Get on shuttle. "We all have MKIII right? I was told we would. Just wondering, I'd like to not die."
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »

Get on shuttle. "We all have MKIII right? I was told we would. Just wondering, I'd like to not die."

"Not everybody does, but you do.

Brother Lars, for when we get down, I'm thinking about letting you lead the negotiations. However, that would mean no talk of Steve, no preaching or anything of the sort. You'd have to be calm, collected, neutral. The ideal diplomat, really. Do you think you are up to such a task?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:57 pm »

Lars bowed deeply.  "General Miyamoto, I have already been exhorted by the Most Holy Steve to leave religion and mention of His Glorious Name out of negotiations.  I would be deeply honored by such a task.  If I am asked, who shall be presented as our leader?  The personality I created for the prophet... propaganda... materials?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 04:16:12 pm »

Lars bowed deeply.  "General Miyamoto, I have already been exhorted by the Most Holy Steve to leave religion and mention of His Glorious Name out of negotiations.  I would be deeply honored by such a task.  If I am asked, who shall be presented as our leader?  The personality I created for the prophet... propaganda... materials?"

"You mean who leads ARM, or this mission's leader?

Oh, and if you ever feel like you're getting stuck or feel like you're loosing your cool or anything, just saying something like "I think my teammate might be better able to answer that." or something, and I'll take over for you."

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »

Brother Lars, for when we get down, I'm thinking about letting you lead the negotiations. However, that would mean no talk of Steve, no preaching or anything of the sort. You'd have to be calm, collected, neutral. The ideal diplomat, really. Do you think you are up to such a task?"

Well my general idea is to stay alive. I think that's a pretty good goal. So out of curiosity, if I may, why is there such a large combat group going for a diplomacy mission?
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »

"Maybe Messer Steve know for sure that we will be attacked by loyalists?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 04:26:29 pm »

Well my general idea is to stay alive. I think that's a pretty good goal. So out of curiosity, if I may, why is there such a large combat group going for a diplomacy mission?

Because we want to look like a strong partner, and because the data suggests there'll be need for some forceful pacifying one way or another.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 06:24:41 pm »

Lyra boards the shuttle, glances around, then settles in a corner.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45