Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 612272 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #795 on: October 23, 2014, 12:44:38 am »

"Did...did you kill Treachery god then? W-was it you?" D:> *trembles*

"Don't be foolish. The god of Betrayal was a good friend of mine. It was him who came up with the brilliant reincarnation system from my ramblings. Aside from that, I am the one who brought attention to his being drained for all to ignore, and the one who preserved the Honor god. Wouldn't I ignore it if I was the one killing them?"

"I like him! He's kinda nice...and stuff."

"He outright threatened to kill innocent people over a law debate. A law debate to stop gods from killing mortals. "

See now, you both keep talking like you could easily wipe the floor with the other. I can appreciate the hesitance you both share for a direct confrontation but if you both fail to carry through on what you say, it'll become progressively hard to take anyone seriously. Clearly verbal debates are not achieving the desired effect for either one of you. This is most likely one of those situations where you are both better off to just stop talking about all the horrible things you can do and actually do them.

(Andres, I fixed your name 5 minutes before you posted and you still manage to catch it in a quote. Truly impressive.)

"I have stated many times that I do not wish to fight him, and will only do so to protect my charges in retaliation. I would be happiest if we both ended the 'conflict' here and focused on other things-like your war. Now, you are only feeding the flames of this conversation. To end it, we must all simply agree to not speak of it for now."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 23, 2014, 12:52:22 am »

"We could just as easily say caring is the perfect cover you know. Just pointing that out for you."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 23, 2014, 12:56:10 am »

"Don't be foolish. The god of Betrayal was a good friend of mine. It was him who came up with the brilliant reincarnation system from my ramblings. Aside from that, I am the one who brought attention to his being drained for all to ignore, and the one who preserved the Honor god. Wouldn't I ignore it if I was the one killing them?"
"I guess you have a point."

"We could just as easily say caring is the perfect cover you know. Just pointing that out for you."
"Uhhhh.....!!!" *back to terrified*

"He outright threatened to kill innocent people over a law debate. A law debate to stop gods from killing mortals. "
"He did? It's kind of hard to tell who's saying what when you two argue."
((I'm serious. I have no idea who's claiming what or whatever. Just so much bickering. Argh.))

100 slightly-larger-than-regular-human-size flamethrowers are made. 100 slightly-larger-than-regular-human-size armour sets are made as well. 10 large jars of Greek Fire are produced and will be used by the Menos Controlados as grenades.

The Inner Wall of the Empire is equipped with a catapult. On firing, it's found that the catapult is just too high up and the ammo drops too slowly for anything besides a truly large amount of troops to be hit. On top of that, its effective range isn't very good. It can certainly shoot far but not with any modicum of accuracy what with the low ammo speed.

"Fusil, your catapult idea isn't working. Do you know of any artillery that can shoot further and has faster-moving ammo?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #798 on: October 23, 2014, 12:59:23 am »

"He did? It's kind of hard to tell who's saying what when you two argue."
((I'm serious. I have no idea who's claiming what or whatever. Just so much bickering. Argh.))
Yes, I have to agree. I don't know what you are bickering about.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 23, 2014, 01:01:54 am »

Part of me would find the God of Betrayal dying from betrayal satisfyingly ironic. That's almost like me getting eaten.

Anyway, I am tired of this conversation. I was simply stating that you should both stop throwing around threats if you don't intend to do anything. There's only so many ways you can describe how you intend to burn the enemy's lands to the ground, destroy their followers and cast them down before it becomes rather dry. Then you have Cim's threats which are so vague he might as well not even be making them. It really has reached that point. Just about anything either one of you could have said to change anything has in fact been said. Either forget about it or do something about it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 23, 2014, 01:03:47 am »

"One, I did not say that; I said I would show you my power. Two, if you don't want any law, I am more than glad to show you what is it like without them."

"I have stated many times that I do not wish to fight him, and will only do so to protect my charges in retaliation. I would be happiest if we both ended the 'conflict' here and focused on other things-like your war. Now, you are only feeding the flames of this conversation. To end it, we must all simply agree to not speak of it for now."
"Neither do I want a war, but you, yourself prompted me to show my power. In your words:"
"If you don't believe my hypothetical, why not try the domino effect to a similarly complicated degree, so we can see if it works or not?"
"If you truly don't want war, you will end this after our experiment."

See now, you both keep talking like you could easily wipe the floor with the other. I can appreciate the hesitance you both share for a direct confrontation but if you both fail to carry through on what you say, it'll become progressively hard to take anyone seriously. Clearly verbal debates are not achieving the desired effect for either one of you. This is most likely one of those situations where you are both better off to just stop talking about all the horrible things you can do and actually do them.
"Who is to say I haven't acted yet?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:57 am »

"I think it's clear the council agrees on one thing. One way or the other, this argument needs to end."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 23, 2014, 01:12:06 am »

There's only so many ways you can describe how you intend to burn the enemy's lands to the ground, destroy their followers
(Funny you should mention that.... ;))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlessness
« Reply #803 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:44 am »

Kli urges his followers to stay neutral in the coming war, and offer help to any fleeing refugees. He assures them that Balance will be eventually restored in time, and that they must stay patient.
He also listens in on their prayers.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 23, 2014, 04:19:24 am »

Varee decide that it is also time for him to teach the mortal how to use addictive hallucinogen, especially during war time as it is the perfect RnR right?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 23, 2014, 04:30:58 am »

"Sorry Yaos I was sleepy, but if you do threaten me I shall not give you three essence. I will give you one out of pity, however, to show my good will. In the future, though, please restrain your tongue, when you want to force something out of your friends. Remember that your humans are always welcome in the courts of Light. I am of good will and peace."

Send 1 essence to Yaos.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #806 on: October 23, 2014, 04:44:05 am »

Anath:
"I wish I could see a Night Dragon up close. That would be so cool!"
"I wish the war would stop taking up so much of our food."
"I wish I could have a pet Cave Nox."

Joha: Kifo finds the caravan, and the typical raiders seem to be averse to attacking. You also listen to some prayers:
"I want to live forever."
"I hope the Angel of DEATH will be nice to my father when he dies."
"I wish these new bubble-shaped flowers would actually grow. I've already tried a lot, but no matter how I change them, they're still dying."
"I want to become a grim soldier at the front lines of the war. Then, I'll chop through the enemies as if they're just pine cones."

Azem:
Human: The human's enterprise succeeds! She manages to open a thriving lamp store in a Luminee settlement.
Dwarves: Horrifying screams come from the darkness below! It turns out to be an overly eager Termitian trade/scouting party.

Grauel: After examining Gruen civilization closely, it appears that the main limiting factor preventing the Gruens from coalescing into one or a few empires  is that many think they are powerful enough even with smaller states because of their secret feeding plans, which comprise a significant proportion of Gruen fighting. As you listen closely, you hear the following prayers:
"I want to stay at home and not have to fight in the war."
"I want to eat many people and become stronger in the war."
"I want to sample a hundred different plants to see what they can do."
"I wish for a way to become much bigger quickly."

Azem: You examine Mountwyrm civilization closely, paying attention to what it needs most to grow. The exclusive greed of those making decisions is inhibiting their growth, and an increased focus on attaining direct power may be more helpful at this point.

Yaos:
"I want to be the best at being a god and staying a god!"
"But I really wanted a coat of topaz scales."
"They stink and their skin glows and they like that heretic god of lights."
"Thank you for providing our family with jelly rolls." "I will be sure to sacrifice the youngest to a Gruen."
"Thank you for letting me go with the caravans, I guess."
"But I don't want to work hard! Being a general is just yelling nothing anyone can understand at the soldiers!"

WARNING: Making your very special humangel is likely to result in permadeath. Are you sure you wish to continue?

(Joha: -0E)

Joha: You give the humans some Star elf-bred dogs.

Fusil: You introduce incendiary weapons to the humans. It seems to be the consensus that the Gruen, who are extremely adaptable, have not yet developed a reasonable defense against fire. You also teach the Gruen about creating weapons from their own flesh and the Mountwyrms on the use of bows from flight.

Varee: You and the Dwarves exchange drinks. The Dwarves enjoy your specific booze and request more of it. You may or may not enjoy their highly concentrated drinks.

Yaos: You order the construction of arms for an incendiary squad.

Kli: Kli declares neutrality and listens to prayers:
"I wish I could win all the debates at the School."
"I want to know more about the Void."
"I wish for the war not to happen so that nothing bad happens."

Varee: You teach the random human how to use an addictive hallucinogen. It catches on.

(The Light: -1 Essence, Yaos: +1 Essence)

The Light: You give 1 Essence to Yaos.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 23, 2014, 04:47:09 am »

Well now that the seeds are set let get it going!
Varee make it rain booze in the dwarven cities and snow drugs in the human towns.

this should make the world a bit more interest :P

((I dont mind if it cost essence, just do it :P)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #808 on: October 23, 2014, 04:48:24 am »

(It will cost you more reputation than Essence. Are you sure?)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 23, 2014, 04:51:22 am »

((Blah i dont have much reputation to speak of anyway :P ))
((maybe I should be god of all thing ccriminal too :P))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 475