Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255144 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Finals - TT S3, Finals
« Reply #1695 on: January 10, 2015, 09:34:51 pm »

Going to be an interesting match up I think.  My orc team has evolved a lot and is pretty strong now.

Still considering the future potential for it.  I have a bunch of spare money I could use, but on what...

Possibly just nothing. Orcs aren't exactly injury prone, and tend to build up a stockpile of money -- if you tried to spend it all, you'd likely bloat your team and give a lot of inducements to your opponent. A 12th player is something to consider, as it's nice to have a reserve.

Another lineman would give you a backup and another player to pick up utility skills like dirty player and kick.

Goblins are stunty, have agility access, and are cheap for fouling. There are a lot of things you can use them for, but they're weak, fragile, and don't get block.

Trolls provide a lot of strength, but are expensive and unreliable. If you have a goblin as well, you can use them for one turn touchdowns, but these rarely work and should only be used on your last turn of the half.

Lastly, you could just leave the team alone before the finals, and worry about adding more players next season when the stakes are lower.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 10, 2015, 09:57:03 pm »

I am used to playing Delves so much it feels weird not to have bloated TV.

One of the two I am using has had so many skill ups in one season it is crazy.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:08 pm »

ptw for now, might join in when I get better at the game (ie have played more than one game)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 12, 2015, 05:54:16 pm »

ptw for now, might join in when I get better at the game (ie have played more than one game)
I highly suggest joining the training league even if you don't think you are very good. Our seasons tend to run for at least a couple of months, so unless someone drops out you probably won't be able join until a fair bit later in the year. You'll probably lose a fair bit of your matches (I know I did :P) but it's also rather helpful to have people you can ask about what you need to do to win your future games and improve.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 12, 2015, 06:14:23 pm »

I highly suggest joining the training league even if you don't think you are very good. Our seasons tend to run for at least a couple of months, so unless someone drops out you probably won't be able join until a fair bit later in the year. You'll probably lose a fair bit of your matches (I know I did :P) but it's also rather helpful to have people you can ask about what you need to do to win your future games and improve.
Ah, then can I join the training league as Norse? Not sure where the compilings of the leagues are...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 12, 2015, 06:46:10 pm »

I'd like to join as well, if possible.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 13, 2015, 12:20:09 am »

I can mark you both down for the training league (or the main league). Finals should be being played soon so just post in here with your desired race and league and I'll pencil you in. If you want to include your steam name (if you have one) thats also very helpful for communication purposes. After the finals have been played I'll set up the next season and you can apply your teams in the client and I'll accept them into the league (assuming they meet the requirements).

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 13, 2015, 10:44:13 am »

Steam name is "aslandus" (basically my username here, but not capitalized), and I would like to play as Norse team for the training league. What are the requirements?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 13, 2015, 10:50:08 am »

The requirements (in the op of this thread) are that they have to be a completely new team, and not have played any games.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 13, 2015, 11:29:42 am »

Also timezone and if you use DST would be helpful. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:04 am »

And for the main league, the only requirement is that the team has only played in Bay12 leagues (such as the TT, or a prior main league.)

Not very elaborate requirements, but it's important to have them, to prevent any possible abuse. You could get a friend just let you score TDs repeatedly for example, and you'd level up all your players, then fire the ones that don't roll doubles/stat ups and repeat.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 13, 2015, 12:18:11 pm »

Also timezone and if you use DST would be helpful. :P
EST (-5)

I can respect the rules, now to actually build a team...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 13, 2015, 04:16:01 pm »

I'll take Dwarves, EST, same name, training league.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 13, 2015, 04:21:02 pm »

I'll be dark elves, steam name is the same and time is GMT.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 13, 2015, 10:24:05 pm »

The championship match featuring Monk's Morons vs My Mummie's Mummies is currently scheduled for Friday, Friday, Friday at 3pm MST (5pm EST)

Will the Ogres complete the upset of the century and grind Khemri bones to make their bread? Or will THE_SLAYA boast the second team in Bay12 history to win back to back championships? BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 149