Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 366

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 650055 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4890 on: December 05, 2020, 02:52:25 am »

It looks like it should all work. Have you tried changing the tissue layer on the secretions from ALL to TOOTH and SKIN? Maybe it just doesn't like ALL...
I just tried that and it didn't work.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: December 05, 2020, 07:16:45 am »

How do you make it so that an enemy will attack by spitting a ball of rancid milk at an opponent? Yes, this is an actual question.
It's definitely possible (well, the milk part, you can't do rotten milk specifically, but you could embellish it a bit). The best place to start would be from the spit interaction that appears on most civilised creatures:
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT]

[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
      [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIT:LIQUID_GLOB]
      [CDI:VERB:spit:spits:NA]
      [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
      [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
The section in yellow is what tells the creature what situations it should use the interaction in, via USAGE_HINTs. The wiki lists each of the hints here, and you'll notice that one of them is for ATTACK - including this as a USAGE_HINT will cause the creature to use this spitting interaction as an attack, which is what you want.
The section in green is what material the creature spits. Since the spit is already a glob of liquid (defined by LIQUID_GLOB), all you have to is change the material that you want it to use (unless you want it to be in a different form - check out the table here for all the different forms). Simply replace that section with the material of your "rancid milk" and the creature will spit that instead. If you're new to material modding, start by checking out how creature milk is defined in a creature like a cow and work from there - perhaps changing the name of your milk to "rancid milk", and adding one of the TEMP_DIET_INFO options to make people grossed out for drinking it). One warning about using the MILK_TEMPLATE in your creature, though: it expects the creature to also have a cheese material, so if you use that template, you also have to add a cheese to the creature too (I'm not sure how nice rancid cheese sounds...)!
For all the other modifiable things concerning the interaction, check out the interaction usage token section on the wiki.

This creature isn't secreting the acid material that I gave it.
Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The secretion part (click to show/hide)
Do the custom body detail plans you're using actually add any tissue layers to the teeth and tongue? Secretions come from tissues, and so without any layers of tissues, nothing will happen (even if you are selecting ALL layers - all of nothing is still nothing). That's my guess anyway, though I imagine that's something that the errorlog would complain about.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:59:52 am by Atkana »

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: December 05, 2020, 09:49:28 am »

Alright! Thank you!!
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: December 05, 2020, 11:19:22 am »

This creature isn't secreting the acid material that I gave it.
Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The secretion part (click to show/hide)
Do the custom body detail plans you're using actually add any tissue layers to the teeth and tongue? Secretions come from tissues, and so without any layers of tissues, nothing will happen (even if you are selecting ALL layers - all of nothing is still nothing). That's my guess anyway, though I imagine that's something that the errorlog would complain about.
Yes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: December 05, 2020, 11:55:17 am »

snip
Oh, I think I know what it is. Secretions need the tissue layers they use to have been set up first. Put the secretions after the body detail plans.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: December 14, 2020, 01:34:18 pm »

I am trying to create a creature that drops gold and iron ore when butchered, but I am not sure how to change the extra butcher object token.

[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD] I am not sure what this would change to?
   [EBO_ITEM:SMALLGEM:NONE:ANY_HARD_STONE] Would this be METAL_ORE instead of SMALLGEM and GOLD instead of ANY_HARD_STONE?
   [EBO_SHAPE:GIZZARD_STONE] Would I just delete this?

Can I use this token more than once to drop multiple items?

Thanks.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4896 on: December 14, 2020, 06:14:52 pm »

I am trying to create a creature that drops gold and iron ore when butchered, but I am not sure how to change the extra butcher object token.
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD] I am not sure what this would change to?
   [EBO_ITEM:SMALLGEM:NONE:ANY_HARD_STONE] Would this be METAL_ORE instead of SMALLGEM and GOLD instead of ANY_HARD_STONE?
   [EBO_SHAPE:GIZZARD_STONE] Would I just delete this?
Can I use this token more than once to drop multiple items?

Could try gold ore from EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_TOKEN:xxxbrain, silver ore from EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_TOKEN:xxxliver ...
I reckon that EBO:gizzard and then another EBO:gizzard would just overwrite the previous declaration.

This may be helpful, skip EBO altogether:
How Deon's Animated Armor creature drops equipment on death:
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: December 14, 2020, 08:24:16 pm »

This may be helpful, skip EBO altogether:
How Deon's Animated Armor creature drops equipment on death:

Thanks! I will do something similar to the animated armor and skip extra butcher item.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: December 14, 2020, 10:03:06 pm »

Any help with this? I have no errors. I am trying to get a gold ore and an iron bar (for testing purposes) after butchering, but I get neither. I get the standard butcher meat from butchering.

Spoiler: creature_drg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: material_template_drg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tissue_template_drg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body_drg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: b_detail_plan_drg (click to show/hide)

EDIT: do the guts have to be the same material as the butcher item? (ie. do the 'guts' have to be made of gold to butcher into gold ore?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:23:56 pm by brolol.404 »

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: December 15, 2020, 03:07:39 am »

Any help with this? I have no errors. I am trying to get a gold ore and an iron bar (for testing purposes) after butchering, but I get neither. I get the standard butcher meat from butchering.

snip
A material can only have 1 BUTCHER_SPECIAL entry. In this case, you're getting meat because it's the last one being entered, overwriting the previous entries. If you want control over the exact amounts of items, and to be able to have multiple different items provided (based on how that part is structured in memory, it looks that it might be possible, though I've not tried it in raw modding myself), you should be using EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT on the creature instead.

Edit:
Here's an example of a quick edit I made to alligators, to make their gizzards additionally drop 1 boulder of native gold, 1 boulder of hematite, and 1 toy axe made of alligator bone:
Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD]
  [EBO_ITEM:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:NATIVE_GOLD]
  [EBO_ITEM:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:HEMATITE]
  [EBO_ITEM:TOY:ITEM_TOY_AXE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
If you want more of a particular item to drop, then just include an EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT entry for it again. This gives you a lot more control over exact amounts than using BUTCHER_SPECIAL, since the amounts from BUTCHER_SPECIAL vary based on the size of the creature and how much of the material they have in their body (that's why you get different amounts of meat when butchering creatures).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 03:28:00 am by Atkana »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: December 15, 2020, 09:41:04 am »

Code: [Select]
  [EBO_ITEM:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:NATIVE_GOLD]
  [EBO_ITEM:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:HEMATITE]

Awesome. this worked thanks!

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: December 16, 2020, 03:59:23 pm »

Is it possible to create an entity that will never survive to the end of world generation, but can still thrive if played fortress mode?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: December 16, 2020, 07:05:09 pm »

*never* is a hard one to pull off, but if you take the dwarven entity and remove all the biome preferences and settlement biome data, leaving only the start biome, they shouldnt settle any hillocks or forts and effectively be stuck in the single fort created at worldgen start, which means it only takes one disaster or invasion to end the civ. Or make it a cave civ, so they live in a cave and never expand

You can then play as that civ and have all the capacity to conquer other sites, although your civ won't create new hillocks around your fort, you'll have to embark next to and conquer a few hamlets.

These civs often still survive if they're isolated enough or just lucky. But if you make them even weaker by taking away their ability to make certain weapons or armor or materials, you then have to figure out how to acquire them in fort mode.

Oh, and it only works on cave_detailed or cave civs. Cities, dark fortresses and forest retreats still allow the civ to expand.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: December 23, 2020, 06:25:31 pm »

How make more experiments in world?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: December 23, 2020, 08:32:29 pm »

Generally more secrets in advanced worldgen (raw-defined are broken for the moment and dont seem to actually do anything during worldgen; very rarely any towers, experiments etc), and forcing every civ with a pantheon religion to have a death sphere god should increase the likelihood of them, along with a 250-300 year history, on a medium sized world, I usually get three or more playable ones.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 366