Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yeti's Revenge  (Read 3696 times)

Anubis039

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Yeti's Revenge
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:01:06 am »

So say you start a fort in a frozen biome, OK? First thing you do is head for the caverns, but there's this annoying yeti that keeps bothering your workers. What would you do? I sent my workers to drive it off, but they all dropped any weapons that would be useful and just beat it to a bloody pulp with their fists. after a few days I gave up and sent them back to work, leaving the yeti lying in the snow. Five months later, i get the message that one of my dwarves has been struck down, and i look to find the very yeti i had dealt with before, covered in scars, running through my still small fortress killing indiscriminately. I only have one dwarf left, and im hoping that a migration will come before the yeti kills him too. Let me know your thoughts on the matter.
TG: like if honor among thieves is something then lets call it camaraderie among ironic rapping roof ninjas

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yeti's Revenge
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:28:30 am »

It would seem that if you want to kill something, you better finish the job.

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:38:16 am »

Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:28:04 pm »

This sounds like the plot for a bad horror movie
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:47:53 pm »

I don't know, but I recently had my unarmed newly embarked dwarves try to kill a bilzzard man and even though they knocked it down and stunned it, it wouldn't die no matter how many times they punched it in the head "bruising the muscle". They must have punched it in the head 200 times with no apparent effect. I don't know about yetis, but don't try to kill those guys without edged weapons.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 03:31:50 pm »

Wall it up, try to get food or a pick axe in your dwarf's reach. Wait for migrants to come in. Get your revenge by flooding the room with magma after you get on your feet again.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »

I don't know, but I recently had my unarmed newly embarked dwarves try to kill a bilzzard man and even though they knocked it down and stunned it, it wouldn't die no matter how many times they punched it in the head "bruising the muscle". They must have punched it in the head 200 times with no apparent effect. I don't know about yetis, but don't try to kill those guys without edged weapons.
Now you need to start breeding them as training dummies
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 07:39:26 pm »

This is the greatest Yeti-related thing I have ever heard.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 01:34:58 am »

Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Cage traps.  Definitely cage traps.  Then have your survivor put the caged yeti in his room.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.