Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness: The Nazis strikes back!  (Read 23034 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness: The Nazis strikes back!
« on: February 23, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »

Setting:
Based on my other Castle game, I've always wanted to run another one. Except you're not trying to attack Castles this time, you're trying to defend your own.

Reading the other game is recommended for the basic ideas and knowledge of what to expect of a castle.

This game will be somewhat different than the other one, for this one will be much lighter in terms of crunch. And working as a mix between a suggestion game and a game with players.

Your collective suggestions will make the 'Entity' that's sole purpose is to defend the Castle from anything and everything. You'll start small, maybe as small as a keep, and as time goes, as people die trying to get to your core and take a bite out of that juicey artifact of yours, you can spend the powers you've gained making your castle bigger. Improving your minions and the likes.

Besides the Entity, I am also accepting 4 volunteers who will be playing as Horror Knights. This does not bar you from making suggestions for the Entity.

As a Horror Knight, you are not as binded to the castle as the Entity. And if you so wish, you can go raid other Castles for their artifacts to add in to yours, making your castle more powerful.

With each successful defense or raid, You all get a quarter of the total powers that the Castle gained. These can be used to empower your gear and equipment, make new ones entirely, or summon more of your own minions. Enough power and you can have your very own private army!

Or if you're feeling ambitious, you can save up and spend it all at once to evolve into a Denizen. A type of super dweller of the castle that can kick some serious ass.

Horror Knights are an Awsome, Powerful being. But they are not unkillable. If a Horror Knight dies, you'll be replaced by the next person in the waiting list. They'll start at the first level like you did.

The Castle will start with 40* of power, and each Horror Knights will start with 10*.

How you spend them is up to you, if you want to summon something or create something, you can always ask the GM how much power will be needed for what you want.

For scale, a single point of power is enough to summon two mindless rushers that only understood 'Murderchargeattack' and 'Come to me.'
Or a single blade-armed rusher with the same level of tactical understanding.

You can enhance your own minions in many different and exciting ways, but your basic Rusher and their varients can only be enhanced by 2 points of power each. The same goes with buying gear for your minions.

So for example, if you wanted to build a couple of Rushers with intelligence equal to a common man and have their own gear, you're going to spend a single point to summon 2 mindless rushers, 4 points to enhance their intelligence up to man's level, a point in armor and another point in weapons. Which you can choose if you wanted it to be melee or ranged varients, of course.

And with that, you've spent 7 points of power to summon 2 intelligent minions that is both armed and armored and can understand your every command.

This is just an example, of course. You can always sacrifice some intelligence for more speed, agility, strength or whatever suit your fancy. You can sacrifice their weapons for better armor, or armor for better weapons.

Or you can just spend all 10 points to summon 20 mindless rushers and swarm them. It's up to you, really.

Now, remember. If a Horror Knight dies, there can still be more. But if the Artifact in your core is stolen, it's over. The Entity can live on without you, but not the other way around.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:29:24 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness. [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »

I'd feel conflicted joining this, but I kinda want to.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »

Sign me up.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 03:44:12 pm »

Suggestion for the Entity:
Be the Maker of Rules, an ancient wizard who has forgotten much... known for imposing rules of your own creation on the laws of reality, you have attracted... unwanted attention.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness. [2/4]
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »

Reserved for Character sheets and such.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 06:33:13 pm »

Quite interested.

Question: Is this going to effect the other game at all? Like will would players from both games be helping plan their own defeat? Or are they separate?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »

It will be far separated. Your castle here will start early in human history.

Although it may be possible that Foxhound may run into your castle at some point in the future. But unless you survive for many, many hundreds of years, you're never going to meet with Foxhound yourself.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 08:34:46 pm »

............. Can i be Bill Cypher?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 08:42:16 pm »

............. Can i be Bill Cypher?

No, you can't be Bill Cypher.

Unless you're a Horror Knight named Bill Cypher, then sure.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 08:44:12 pm »

....who eventually becomes an all knowing Deity! IT ALL MAKES SENSE
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 09:22:21 pm »

....who eventually becomes an all knowing Deity! IT ALL MAKES SENSE

If you survive long enough, maybe?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 09:23:41 pm »

Right. I am signing up. I already know my Horror Knights name, too. ReXbrand
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 09:24:05 pm »

I am Bill Cypher. Lets make a Deal.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness. [4/4]
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 09:36:07 pm »

Alright, looks like we've got all the horror knights.

I'm going to need your names and what do you look like.
I'm also going to need some more suggestions on what the Entity may be, otherwise you'll start as a rather generic collective conscious mind entity thing.

For the Horror Knights, you can start spending your 10 points of power right away to either enhance yourselves, get better gear, or start with minions.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness. [4/4]
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 09:38:12 pm »

Ok, 3 Points for an Intelligent minion, 3 points on weapons, 3 on mutations, and 1 for.....booby traps in the dungeon
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34