Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 156377 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1725 on: October 01, 2016, 07:07:16 am »

Dono why but I read Jon as Vigil...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 01, 2016, 07:09:40 am »

Vigil wasn't hit. He chose not to stay in a guard stance for the group when the gunner fired. If Vigil had overwatched instead of engaging, Vigil would have been able to invoke his Bullettime Dodge and use his Sword that can cut metal like butter to do something similar to the Anti Ballistic Systems fielded on occasion. As it is though, the gunner fired a shell meant for tanks and got quite lucky with the roll. And even with that, the only one significantly injured was Jenny due to the lower quantity of armor and a lucky hit. Jon was rendered functionally Mission Killed though if I recall. Heavily damaged. If he had flesh he would be much worse off.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1727 on: October 01, 2016, 07:14:53 am »

I think he means Jon.
PJ, it's like when your puny little jap tanks got hammered by Taricus' Pz Ivs and (were they Valentines?). Jon got hit by an 80mm shell. A Pz IV has a 75mm shell and a Tiger had an 88mm, and they could both devastate nearly any tank. Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Combine immense calibre with automated systems and Jon stood no chance once he was targeted. All his brain could do with analyse damage reduction techniques to not die completely, unfortunately killing Jenny in the process.

Ninja: Trying to cut through the shell would have detonated it, turning it into a beehive shell (a shotgun shell) and likely wrenching serpent's fang through the next skyscraper.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 01, 2016, 07:18:36 am »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Bay12CastleFoxhoundSquad
I made a thing guys. Feel free to add to it. I have no idea why LordPorkins, Insanegame27 and NPC are brokenlinked or even linked at all.
The tvtropes engine automatically considers any word with intermingled capitals or numbers as tropes, splits them, and tries to link them. If you write "ThisIsNot1Trope" you'll get a red link for "This Is Not 1 Trope". There might be a special formatting to prevent this, though I don't know it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:25:34 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 01, 2016, 07:27:13 am »

Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

I laughed too hard at this. I'm going to Sig this now.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1730 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:28 am »

I feel honored
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 01, 2016, 07:58:21 am »

I think he means Jon.
PJ, it's like when your puny little jap tanks got hammered by Taricus' Pz Ivs and (were they Valentines?)
Yes, my puny Japanese tanks that are so tiny they made you surrender after only three rounds and TPKed in the other round that wasn't against SSMW. And yes, those where valentines, the only tank that has enough armor on all sides to render my guns null.

But I have a plan around that for next season.

Also, the only thing that could make Jon more like a sherman is if he was on fire now.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 01, 2016, 08:28:14 am »

I think he means Jon.
PJ, it's like when your puny little jap tanks got hammered by Taricus' Pz Ivs and (were they Valentines?)
Yes, my puny Japanese tanks that are so tiny they made you surrender after only three rounds and TPKed in the other round that wasn't against SSMW. And
Also, the only thing that could make Jon more like a sherman is if he was on fire now.

Ooh, good idea! Thanks. I can make his Built-in arm laser's generator have a breach!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 01, 2016, 08:28:26 am »

I didn't see that Jenny was hurt, Aria would have tried to first aid
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 01, 2016, 08:50:54 am »

Next time, I'll have to bring even more armor then. And a bigger gun. And some built-in jets for high speed dodging.

EDIT: Added Jon into the TVtropes character page, complete with a few tropes.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:32:59 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 01, 2016, 01:32:11 pm »

Would I even be able to use earth elementism in the base? Like do I need earth that I cast a spell on or can a spell make earth for me to use? Because I don't think there is a pile of dirt randomly laying around waiting to be used in the base.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:47:13 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 01, 2016, 04:41:46 pm »

Might depend on how you define dirt and earth. Ceramics are basically fire hardened dirt. Metal is basically really dense rock. The calcium in bones is basically repurposed rock. Lead bullets and iron gauss rounds are basically rocks. Lava is basically hot dirt.

Granted, not everything is as easily controlled as what we would traditionally define as dirt and rock, but they're hypothetical possibilities.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 01, 2016, 04:54:05 pm »

Wait, there are goblins?

And they're like WoW goblins?

*salivates*

!!SCIENCE!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 01, 2016, 06:33:29 pm »

You're free to join TBF~

Elementalism primarily uses and conjures Unrefined material. If it's refined it's no longer an 'element' as far as the magic is concerned. Advanced users might be able to convince the universe otherwise and use it anyways. But fledgling users would have difficulty. Arcanism is functionally a person having a debate with Existence as to why something should be happening rather than not happening. Occultism is someone challenging Existence to a fistfight and then punching it until one side throws up their hands and goes "Fine! Fine! You were right!"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 01, 2016, 06:38:20 pm »

Not the other way around? Arcanism is more a spur-of-the-moment thing, willing reality to bend to the mage's wishes, while occultism requires research, well formed arguments, formulas, sigils and rituals.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 204