Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 153298 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad recruiting!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 06:54:05 pm »

I intend to make a character, but first I'm going to read up a bit more on the rules, look up whatever you guys link and take a look at the older thread.
Tentatively, it'll be a Terran healer who came to Gaia to study healing magic and ended up needing a job; seeing that healing can be a XP-intensive set of skills and magic is even more expensive, he probably won't have much knowledge of weapon handling.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »

Terra is postmodern tech. Think irl but turn it into a megacorp run hiveworld parallel three or four centuries in the future. The term would be more along the lines of 'doctor' or 'Medic' rather than healer if one is Terran.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 07:10:20 pm »

Right, a medic, but one dedicated enough to want to learn even healing magic (starter characters are always painfully too limited, there's no way I could stretch the xp enough to make a credible doctor).

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »

And it makes sense. Akras wouldn't send a high cost, trained doctor with what amounts to Darwin's Suicide Squad. They'd stick that doctor in medical to patch up people's missing limbs and administer gene augs, therapies, and alterations.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 07:31:57 pm »

Well.... as long as you dont end up overburdened by both Games I'm cool. But keep an eye out.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 07:35:12 pm »

character sheet will be posted shortly

-EDIT-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Wow I figured I'd get some stuff wrong but hot damn. Sorry about that. Edited. Hopefully it's right this time))
Thoughts on the edited version:

Melee Weapon: Knife 8 - takes 8 xp.
Social: Persuasion 1 - Takes 3 xp.
Range weapon: Magic 4 - Magic isn't a ranged weapon. It's quite a number of different things. Please check how magic works in the chargen post
You probably want Arcanism>Destruction>Arcane or Arcanism>Pyromancy>Fire or Arcanism>Necromancy>Entropy. Or maybe something else that ya come up with.
As an elf. All magic skills cost 3 xp per level (If you were a human or another species all magic skills would cost 4 per level). So taking 4 levels in it (3+3+3+3=12xp) while also having 8+3=11 xp spent on other stuff isn't really possible. You only have 15 xp to spend on chargen. In all honesty I'd recommend lowering Knife to 3 (Making it 1+1+1=3xp) and taking 3 levels in one or more chosen magic skills for 3+3+3=9xp, keeping the 1 persuasion (3xp) to get a grand total of 3+9+3=15xp spent. Magic is much more versatile than knives but a blade can get ya out of a tight spot.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 09:11:24 pm »

Khaiden has offered his talents on a probationary basis.

I had help from Kevak designing him, but the idea and backstory are my own:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:08:34 pm by KaineFisher »
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »

Khaiden has offered his talents on a probationary basis.

I had help from Kevak designing him, but the idea and backstory are my own:

Ye prolly wanna stick Gaian Human as race.

You technically have 1 saved point. Not two. Otherwise good.

-EDIT-

((Wow I figured I'd get some stuff wrong but hot damn. Sorry about that. Edited. Hopefully it's right this time))
Magic: 3
Magic specialization: Arcanism> Destruction> Darkness
Thaaat isn't quite how it works. Use the Khaiden sheet as an example for how magic skills work. He's got it right.

You'd do Arcanism>Destruction>Umber: 3

Each type/school/discipline is a separate skill. Magic isn't something one can really generalize in. Just like how people irl can't just generalize in medical skills, coding, or an assortment of other things.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:21:20 pm by Kevak »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 01:38:45 am »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:23:14 pm by Maegil »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 01:40:40 am »

@Khaiden

I am interested to see how his first reaction to encountering Akras went down, if he watched them mow down a squad of bandits like an afterthought with their high-powered MAG Assault rifles and what was Khaiden's thought on that.

Also, a full cyborg with his soul would be far more durable than a lichcyborg hybrid. But then again, a Lichcyborg hybrid won't have much problem against EMPs and such.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 01:46:29 am »

Spoiler: Amadou Niassé (click to show/hide)

Looking good!

Although Akras have been very hush-hush about magic until very, very recently when they went loud and got declared war on pretty much the rest of the world.

I'd imagine that instead of him being told by the professors, he could be approached by one of Akras Representative to offer him a second chance that not even the best of college could?

What do you think? A bit of revise, otherwise everything seems well!

I'd love to hear the new revised bit of how he joined Akras!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 02:05:57 am »

Right, I revised that bit and made it more secretive.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 07:56:41 am »

@Khaiden

I am interested to see how his first reaction to encountering Akras went down, if he watched them mow down a squad of bandits like an afterthought with their high-powered MAG Assault rifles and what was Khaiden's thought on that.

Also, a full cyborg with his soul would be far more durable than a lichcyborg hybrid. But then again, a Lichcyborg hybrid won't have much problem against EMPs and such.

Khaiden didn't see them use the weapons. He did see unknown humans marching boldly out of a portal equipped with weapons and gear they obviously felt prepared them for what they might face. He also detected high concentrations of magic.

He then had those weapons pointed right at his hiding spot after one of the scouts looked at one of her instruments. These new humans were obviously powerful or worked for something far more powerful. So Khaiden surrendered.

He got his first look at them in action when a bandit gang attacked. They were wiped out in 2 minutes and 1 second.

As for the Cyborg Lich vs Full-On Cyborg, The Lich option removes the vulnerabilities of living flesh melded with machinery and lessens the risk of the numerous problems Robots face. Actually, do you have robots (or whatever Akras calls them) in game?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 09:55:37 am »

Akras's Gaian portal is inside a structure. He probably saw the scout group driving around on what might be percieved as a metal elephant.

Akras does indeed have drones and in fact specializes in them.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 10:04:36 am »

-EDIT-

Since I don't think you're getting it despite examples provided I'll just tweak the quoted sheet so you can see.

Check the quoted sheet. That is how your skills should look.

'Magic' is not a skill.
Type>School>Discipline is a skill.

Wisps isn't a discipline . They are a type of minor entity. I assume you're going for Illusion>Control of Perception of Light
Entropic is the term for decay, death, and so on. 'dark forces' is not a discipline and is far too vague.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 201