Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 216772 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #630 on: April 28, 2015, 07:29:17 am »

((Wait, why am I trying to keep the orb? I could [REDACTED]))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 28, 2015, 09:14:20 am »

Yep, if Carp hasn't posted actions by tomorrow afternoon I'll end the turn without him, but I'll give him that much time to get on and post...
DF CARP:
-Cultists: 15 armed cultists (final faction), 10 armored cultists (final faction)
-Items: has a bunch of fish, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES: unending hunger

sorry havent been on lately i just have to read what's happened
ok here it is
ME: ooooohhhh that GOEARERKSFLES sounds like he's taking all my fun maybe he can have some more (whisper into the mind of mortals saying that GOEARERKSFLES is vulnerable to human melee attack so they should do it"
GOEARERKSFLES: GO AFTER ANY OF MY LEFTOVER CULTISTS THOSE FACTIONED GUYS AND ANYONE YOU CAN FIND.
any factioned guys: RUUNN AWAAAAYYY maybe throw some innocent people at him as meatshields i mean what's the worst that could happen?

If you say so:
Convince people to sacrifice: [4] You convince a few people to dive into his mass, they are absorbed and his form undulates. (50 civilians eaten, GOEAR gains 50 mass)
FLEE!: [2] No, we stay to fight!
DEVOUR: [3] "Om nom nom, ARGH! sharp bits!" The cultists who are eaten explode into a variety of colors (GOEAR gains 25 biomass, -10 armored cultists, 15 ciivilians eaten, GOEAR is heavily wounded)

Edot: forgot the "violently explode on death" part

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 28, 2015, 09:23:12 am »

((What about the other actions?))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2015, 11:06:03 am »

((What about the other actions?))
What other actions? All 8 players have had a turn this round, I'm writing the score up now

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2015, 12:29:40 pm »

Humanity:
Attack TROG:
[4] *bangbangpow* With all his meat shields having been smashed to a bloody pulp and his body being mangled and bloodied, TROG gets executed without a chance of getting up. (TROG is dead)

Attack CARP's cult: (since you haven't been summoned)
[1] There is a mix up and a bunch of soldiers try to fight the mass of flesh writhing around inside the base. It ends as we all expect. (50 soldiers eaten, GOEAR gains 1 physique and 50 mass)

End of Turn 10.
score:
Unescargot (uninjured): summoned, getting old
-cultists: 100 cultists, 70 cultists (guarding ) 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 3 veterans (guarding), professional journalist hirelings
-Items: has a damaged fortress with malevolent architecture, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 10 inquisitors in high places, 160 inquisitors, 5 wealthy inquisitors
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows "banishing" ritual
--Puff Puff: nothing (and will probably never have anything)

Tavern wench:
-cultists: 100 cultists
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places
-Other: well known, good PR
-Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned
-cultists:
-Problems: afflicted with 10 plagues of egypt (7), despised by humanity, lice infestation
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(uninjured): 75 mummies
--KONG(uninjured): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned
-cultists: 50 cultists, 25 armed trained cultists (guarding base), 50 assassin cultists, 85 mercenaries (1)
-Items: has a pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has dragon blood, has money, prepared "banishment" ritual
-Inquisitors: 5 slow strong mummy inquisitors, 85 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows "banishing" ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4

Koshu:
-Cultists: hallucinating like crazy from pink dust, 352 cultists, 200 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with excellent defences, has a few spaceship components,
-Inquisitors: 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: mixed PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual

Rabe (uninjured): summoned
-Cultists: 505 cultists, 50 lightly armed cultists, 40 recognizable cultists, 10 cultists in high places
-Items: has sturdy base, metal recycler and shaper set up, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), access to Orb of Stalwart 2
-Inquisitors: 65 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction

DF CARP:
-Cultists: 15 armed Crux chosen (final faction), 25 cultists
-Items: has a bunch of fish, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (heavily wounded): unending hunger,  mass: 125, physique +1)

Rosabel:
Cultists: 123 cultists, 15 wounded cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists, tornado minion (1)
Items: access to Orb of Stalwart 2
Inquisitors: 102 inquisitors, inquisitors activated, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible

((I just realized Trog's cultists somehow did things despite being dead... I'll leave the feeding but the PR is too important to just leave and they don't become mummies))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 28, 2015, 12:55:42 pm »

Tornado: Attack Carp!
100 cultists: search for and do not drink the dragon blood.
Me: provide healing for wounded cultists.
50 cultists: Give those who are dead a burial again.
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2015, 01:21:26 pm »

500 Cultists and 10 in high places: Construct and fire MIRV (google it) missile, targets are Unescargot, Gort, Kong and the cultists of tavern wrench
5 Cultists: Turn on and use the smeltery.
Rest of them and me: Recrute.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:55:01 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2015, 01:50:11 pm »

Alright then...
Me: If any missiles or whatnot come my way, lighting said missile out of the sky. Otherwise... PM!
100 cultists: Recruit generics!
70 cultists plus veterans: keep guarding.
Puff Puff: Float into Rabe's base. Spread the doom powders.
5 wealthy cultists: Hire architects, engineers, and construction workers to repair my base and make it even more deadly!
other 5 wealthy cultists: Hire some odd college interns to research a ritual that causes two horrors to switch powers.
8 cultists in high places: Give my inquisitors directions to Rabe's base, tell them that the directions are to my base.
Journalist minions: Bombard Rabe with bad PR!
Anybody I may have forgotten: Spread Sudoku books through Rabe's base.
PM being sent!

((Grammar attack: "Unescargot, Gort, Kong and Tavern wrench's cultists"... we don't share cultists, therefore this action is invalid!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 28, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »

Wait.. I have an idea.
Me: Summon mummies! This time I'll look into them before summoning...
Cultists: Research a ritual that might be able to perhaps fuse entities together!
Assassins: Poison the water supply of my inquisitors! They want their water, they get their water.
Mercenaries: Murder Trog! Murder Trog! Send him back where he came, into the bog!..

What? Egypt wasn't exactly known for its poets, y'know.

"YAY! ME ALIVE! TROG NO LIKE AFTERLIFE, TO MUCH FIRE AND EVIL MONSTERS. IT'S BETTER HERE. THANKS FOR THE CPR KOSHU, BUT YOU STILL TRIED TO KILL ME SO, SORRY! NO HARD FEELINGS, RIGHT?"

TROG: He Heals himself using his cockroach regenerative abilities!
Gort: Personally Mummify Koshu's Cult!
KONG: SMASH Koshu!
75 Mummies: Mummify The Inquisitor Filth!
75 Mummies: Guard TROG and Age anybody who comes near! Please keep in mind that TROG'S Species is Immortal.
New Mummies: Age The Nearest Smokestack Factory to dust to Fight Pollution and Cripple Industry!
25 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Recruit More Cultists! But this time, Try to recruit Naturalists and Wilderness Survivalists!
New Cultists: Recruit some More Naturalists and Survivalists!

((This one, and This one. Also, Wasn't TROG just Mortally-Wounded? And didn't my PR become Good?))

EDIT:((Never mind, I see where TROG died.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:08:31 pm by Ardent Debater »

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 28, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »

Edot: forgot the "violently explode on death" part
i actually just kind of assumed he would considering when he dies the majycks holding him together will probably disappear
turn 10 actions: welp time to go totally batshit insane
ME: HEHEHE BANANANSA HEHEHEHEHHEEEEE I LIKE BANNNANANANANANNSA   (for this roll to go so insane i lose concept of three dimensions considering i have massive eldritch horror pwoers maybe i'l gain the ability to go into other dimension's)
ANY SURVIVING HUMANS I CAN CONTROL: write "to DF carp with love" with the dragon's blood summoning sludge in a ring sacrifice yourself
any thing else i have a control over: DO A JIG HEHEHE BANANANANANANS A BANANANnANANANNAanannNAnaNaNaNnNAnNAnnSNsNDSSSSSssSS JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiJJijijijijijijijiiiiiiiiiGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:23:31 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »

((Trog died, then he revived, then he died again.))
Generic Arms Race.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2015, 03:41:40 pm »

((Trog got beat by humanity.
Good thing humanity sympathises with me.
thincake

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2015, 04:10:39 pm »

((If you anger me, you know what my success rate for ruining PR is.))
Generic Arms Race.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 28, 2015, 04:46:06 pm »

Wait.. I have an idea.
Cultists: Research a ritual that might be able to perhaps fuse entities together!
Assassins: Poison the water supply of my inquisitors! They want their water, they get their water.
Mercenaries: Murder Trog! Murder Trog! Send him back where he came, into the bog!..

"YAY! ME ALIVE! TROG NO LIKE AFTERLIFE, TO MUCH FIRE AND EVIL MONSTERS. IT'S BETTER HERE. THANKS FOR THE CPR KOSHU, BUT YOU STILL TRIED TO KILL ME SO, SORRY! NO HARD FEELINGS, RIGHT?"

TROG: He Heals himself using his cockroach regenerative abilities!
Gort: Personally Mummify Koshu's Cult!
KONG: SMASH Koshu!
75 Mummies: Mummify The Inquisitor Filth!
75 Mummies: Guard TROG and Age anybody who comes near! Please keep in mind that TROG'S Species is Immortal.
New Mummies: Age The Nearest Smokestack Factory to dust to Fight Pollution and Cripple Industry!
25 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Recruit More Cultists! But this time, Try to recruit Naturalists and Wilderness Survivalists!
New Cultists: Recruit some More Naturalists and Survivalists!

((This one, and This one. Also, Wasn't TROG just Mortally-Wounded? And didn't my PR become Good?))

EDIT:((Never mind, I see where TROG died.))
Yeah, retcons are a bitch, I know, but I tend to make mistakes, especially when I have to remember things over the course of a few days. Maybe I actually should start keeping a tally at the end of every action section like you suggested last game, but I get the feeling that would just confuse when the end of turn is more than already happens...

((If you anger me, you know what my success rate for ruining PR is.))
The dice are fickle, I wouldn't use luck as a threat if I were you...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2015, 04:50:22 pm »

Recruit people of varying ethnicities, and races, for diversity.
50 cultists: Get the last Orb of Stalwart.
20 cultists: Run for office.
30 cultists: Start a small relief organization, to welcome refugeees.
Recruit:  [3] You convince a couple more people to join your quest for victory. (+50 cultists)
Secure orb: [irrelevant] without a base it would be pointless to move it, but they follow the trail the orb left when it was rolled out and find it again.
Campaign: [5] Your cultists set up a campaign for you to become president... or senator... or representative... or chairman... really, whatever type of leader they have in this town... You initial reception is good (campaign started, very good PR)
Bezniss start: [6] They set up the relief organization adn get so caught up in the work that they don't have time for the cult anymore (-30 cultists, refugee relief organization made)

Tornado: Attack Carp!
100 cultists: search for and do not drink the dragon blood.
Me: provide healing for wounded cultists.
50 cultists: Give those who are dead a burial again.

Attack CARP: [irrelevant] He hasn't been summoned, so it just sort of runs toward the base and then runs away... also, your tornado dissipates because it's run out of energy.
Dragon blood: [2] Dammit, those inquisitors must have hidden all the dragon lilies... or maybe they should just look somewhere else...
Let me heal your wounds: [3] You get them back to usable condition, but they're still looking a bit rough. (wounded cultists now lightly wounded)
Redead: [4] They go to the other horrors and bury their dead for them. What a nice, civilized bunch of folks. Some of them are less than happy about being buried and escape (dead are buried, mummies buried, but they escape)

Edit: forgot these guys
Inquisitors: arm yourselves
[5] they find explosives and machines guns. Things are getting real now. (inquisitors heavily armed)

Wait.. I have an idea.

Summon more mummies: [3] You ressurrect Lloyd Fargley, Tanya Rreknos, Brian Ekleres, Yonti Likles, and Sarah Ileuts. who are those guys? I dunno, and neither does anyone else. (gain 5 weak mummies)
Research: [5] They find a ritual that enables you to merge two entities into one. It can be done with living or dead creatures, and the result will be living... Of course, if the two entities don't get along, there will be some... inner conflict... Apparently they will just explode if they get into too bad an argument... The ritual requires dragon blood, two entities, and of course, an important symbol to draw in the middle with a paint made from metal powders which is vital to make it work properly... good thing you looked this up before trying to perform it otherwise you might have made some horrible world-ending monstrosity on accident... (ritual of fusion learned)
Poison: [3] They pour poison into the water supply. The inquisitors clean it out before too much damage happens, but it's too late for some (-25 inquisitors)
Murder trog harder: [3] They dance on his dead body. they get covered in blood. The leader checks his calendar and announces they will be leaving. Their contract has ended. (-85 mercenaries)

Inquisitor mummies: Tear into the assassins.
[5] They bash themselves against the walls of the pyramid until they manage to tear a hole with their ridiculously powerful clawed hands. Damn, those guys are strong. (pyramid base damaged, -5 armed trained cultists, -5 inquisitor mummies)
Other inquisitors: sabotage the dragon blood
[5] They sneak through the hole in the pyramid and immediately get attacked by the guards. It's a bloody battle and they put in a heroic effort but your guards are not strong enough to beat these odds. The inquisitors leave to lick their wounds. (-10 armed trained cultists, -30 inquisitors)

*Edited a bit because I keep getting confused between Koshu and Anthaju for some reason...
500 Cultists and 10 in high places: Construct and fire MIRV (google it) missile, targets are Unescargot, Gort, Kong and the cultists of tavern wrench
5 Cultists: Turn on and use the smeltery.
Rest of them and me: Recrute.

OUR BALLISTICS WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!: [4] They build a Multishot missile and fire it off. Turns out not putting explosives in limits the usefulness to individual targets, but they still deal some heavy hits to what they land on (Unescargot's base is destroyed, Gort is heavily wounded, KONG is lightly wounded, tavern wench loses 10 cultists). ((Could you describe what you're building in the future rather than just naming military grade stuff and telling me to figure it out? Otherwise next time you're launching guys named mirv out of a catapult because I can't be bothered to deal with that))
Dangerously understaffed smeltery: [6] they turn it on and get it running, but there aren't enough hands to deal with the problems that quickly arise (smeltery heavily damaged)
Recrute (you+95): [5] You and your followers convince a bunch of people to join you (+390 cultists) ((I've given up on making colorful descriptions for recruiting in case you couldn't tell))

Edit: also forgot these guys
Inquisitors: smash smelter
[6] They bash themselves against the walls of your base for a few hours until your cultists chase them off (-20 inquisitors, sturdy base lightly damaged)

Me: If any missiles or whatnot come my way, lighting said missile out of the sky. Otherwise... PM!
100 cultists: Recruit generics!
70 cultists plus veterans: keep guarding.
Puff Puff: Float into Rabe's base. Spread the doom powders.
5 wealthy cultists: Hire architects, engineers, and construction workers to repair my base and make it even more deadly!
other 5 wealthy cultists: Hire some odd college interns to research a ritual that causes two horrors to switch powers.
8 cultists in high places: Give my inquisitors directions to Rabe's base, tell them that the directions are to my base.
Journalist minions: Bombard Rabe with bad PR!
Anybody I may have forgotten: Spread Sudoku books through Rabe's base.

Lighting defense: [irrelevant] It's too late, the missile has landed with a loud crunch on your beautiful fortress
Lightning trap (because I'm going to forget you did this if I don't post it): [3] It sticks, but it's not very subtle (Orb of Stalwart 2 booby trapped)
recruit: [1] Hate club ahoy! (+100 inquisitors)
Hallucinogen Rabe: [2] Puff puff gets confused and floats around in the middle of nowhere for the whole turn.
hire and do stuff: [3] They manage to find some contract workers to rebuild the base and research for you, but they do a poor job and leave. The ritual guys hand your cultists a book with some vague instructions and tell them to figure it out, they must work for Rabe. (shoddy base built, power swap ritual reference found)
Lying: [5] They successfully convince the dimmer among the inquisitors that Rabe's base is yours. Many of them aren't fooled though. (200 inquisitors transferred to Rabe)
PR attack: [1] They accidentally mix up the names, they gave you bad PR and said it was from Rabe (bad PR)
wtf?: [3] They spread some simple sudoku problems (just papers, not books) around Rabe's base. It doesn't do much. (sudoku problems dropped onto Rabe's base)

Wealthy Inquisitors: hire a demolition team to remove that eyesore
[5] they hire a demolition team that tears down your shoddy base before you even get moved in. What a bunch of dicks! (shoddy base destroyed, inquisitor hireling demolitionists gained)
Inquisitors in high places: detail the dangers of this monster known as "Unescargot"
[5] They go on a campaign against you and inform everyone of the terrible beast that summons the storms and slays all in his path. The scare works and everyone turns against you. (hated by humanity) ((hated = they try to interfere with your operations, despised = they actively try to kill you))
Inquisitors: ruin his dragon blood, in case he finds any more rituals that need it
[6] They don't bother with water and drink all the dragon blood. There isn't enough for everyone. So tasty, but so toxic. (-50 inquisitors, lose dragon blood)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 121