Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Adventures  (Read 1106 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Random Adventures
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »

You are a person, living in an alternate dimension, still in the mideval age, filled with fantastical creatures. Things often have little to do with each other, and happen for no apparent reason. Determined to find the one stable thing in this world- The Orb of Power -you set out. The question is, where is the resting place of the Orb? But first, who are you? A warrior, with the strength of a thousand men? A magi, whose sheer intellect can fell mountains? A thief, who can steal the clothes off your back unnoticed?

This is a new suggestion game, which is governed almost entirely by dice rolls! I will be making a select few stable things in this world, such as major towns, or the Orb of Power. But first, who are you? You can be of the following races: Orc (+2 strength), Elf (Wood(+2 dexterity), High(+2 intelligence)), or Human(5% chance of being able to dictate fate, because things). You also have 5 points to be added into strength, dexterity, or intelligence. Every point gives you a slightly higher chance to succeed at things requiring that stat. Let's say you need a 30+ to bash down a door, and you have 3 strength. If you rolled a 27, it would still work, due to your plus three. For Humans, you can choose what happens on your next turn if you roll well.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Adventures
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:41:40 pm »

Warrior, Magi, or Thief?
d3: 2
Magi.

Orc, Elf, or Human?
d3: 3
Human.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 03:06:31 am »

High elf warrior with +3 in strength +2 dexterity
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »

High elf warrior with +3 in strength +2 dexterity
I'll go with this one, seeing as I want to get this started and Wyrm's didn't have the stats laid out. So, I'll be back when I have the post worked out.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »

We needed...

*reads OP again*

*pseudoswears*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:53:16 pm »

As a High Elven warrior, a thing rarely seen, you have been often shunned from the land in which you were reared. In search of vengance for all of those who have belittled you over the many years of your nigh-immortal existence, you have set out for the Orb of Power. In your travel you have come upon the town of Kalaadaash, a trade village in the northern part of the Ancient Lands. The Ancient Lands are the one place in which the various races of the world mingle regularly. To the south is Orokin, the Orcish empire. To the north, a series of warring factions of humans collectively called the Scattered Kin. To the east, the open ocean, along with any lands that my exist inside, waiting for discovery. To the west, an archipelago called the Karadin, which is Elvish for "Homeland". It is here that you hail from. It is split into three warring factions: The High Elven Republic, which fights in the name of the Emperor, then the Sundered Heart, which is a shadowy group of blood mages, demonologists, and necromancers, and finally, the Nature's Fury, a group of Wood Elves who believe in taking back the world and covering it with plants and animals. You walk into the village, feeling almost at unease away from the grand palaces and studies of your home. Still, the homes are grand, as many wealthy merchants live here. Trade, both of the legal and illegal varieties, are constantly going on. Even at night, shoppers line the streets and the shouting of frustrated hagglers can be heard.

Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Spells/Abilities

Sorry I'm late with this, it was part procrastination and part me working out kinks in my systems.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:16:21 pm »

Go [d16:3] east-by-northeast.
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »

Wyrm, you realize that YOUR actions aren't determined by dice; only what happens with other things, right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:31:30 pm »

So?
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:55 pm »

Just checking.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 03:56:27 am »

Look around for quests
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game