Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fonline: Reloaded  (Read 20018 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Fonline: Reloaded
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 01:29:03 pm »

The PKing you've described is all I've heard out of any Fallout Online game. Glad to see nothing's changed.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2013, 08:11:39 pm »

I don't know. My only experience with FOnline until a week ago was playing Fallout 1 and 2, I have logged about 30 hours and have been PKed exactly 3 times, 2 of those were nubish traps I will not fall for again (remember- if it looks like free stuff, you'll get killed or someone already was), and just 1 was legitimate griefing.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 03:27:00 am »

The PKing you've described is all I've heard out of any Fallout Online game. Glad to see nothing's changed.
That's Fonline 2, though. Haven't gotten PKed in Reloaded at all yet, actually. The most bullshit thing to happen to me in Reloaded was getting attacked by rats in Klamath's trapper town and the town guards interpreting that as me being hostile towards the townspeople and promptly murdering me with energy weapons.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 03:44:11 am »

Sounds like it still the fun game it was good the no rules PvP was the best I might have to check this out again.

I remember when a buddy of mine join a clan then waited till they were offline and him, another friend and, me stole everything out of the base they had like 4 cars, every gun you could think of and some of the best armor in the game.

ahhh good times, moral of the story don't trust anyone unless you know them.

Also never trust blue suits they will suicide bomb you 100% of the time if you have nice stuff or they think you have nice stuff.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:47:58 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 12:04:19 pm »

There are no town bombings in FOnline 2 due to there being no timed explosives and people being unable to loot corpses in guarded towns. Bursting in towns is only used to troll people, as those slain can't be looted.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2013, 12:36:21 pm »

There are no town bombings in FOnline 2 due to there being no timed explosives and people being unable to loot corpses in guarded towns. Bursting in towns is only used to troll people, as those slain can't be looted.
They can explode the corpse with rocket launchers/grenades (whatever explosives there are) and pick up the loot that way.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2013, 12:55:31 pm »

It's like party pinatas. But with corpses and gore!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2013, 08:04:51 pm »

Ok. You can avoid 90% of pkers by traveling with only real time mode activated. Why didn't anybody just say all the pkers lurk in turnbased battles only!

General advice for anyone who gives this hideously cruel to new people game a try: Stay the fuck away from Junktown and the Hub. That area is full of deathtraps. Seriously, do not enter any encounters within like five tiles of there. Go find a place far away with easy npc encounters. Avoid straight lines between cities. Get your tentquest then get the fuck out and stay the fuck out unless you have no problems losing what you're carrying. Grind to ten then find harder NPC's or do caravans.

Now I feel stupid. Grrr. I just came from fallout 2 so I stuck to Turnbased because it was more familiar to me.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2013, 08:20:13 pm »

Ok. You can avoid 90% of pkers by traveling with only real time mode activated. Why didn't anybody just say all the pkers lurk in turnbased battles only!
Because it's probably not true? I'll admit I haven't been PKed much and don't know (I travel with turnbased, mind you) but it would seem entirely counterproductive for PKers to not do real time, as that mode allows you to keep prey in the encounter for 10 seconds after you attack them (not hit- just attack, very doable with good perception and any ranged weapon) preventing their escape until you kill them. Turn based offers no such luxury.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2013, 08:24:03 pm »

A1, you are wrong. Entering a turn-based encounter that a PKer is waiting in is much more ensnaring than entering a real-time one. Rather than running in RT and maybe getting shot or maybe getting away, in TB you have to sit there and wait for the predator to take two turns with absolutely no chance of escape. Traveling in real-time won't save you from this fate, as you will be forced into whatever combat mode the first person in the encounter is using. I reiterate: level your outdoorsman. I myself have been a jerk and set up turn-based trap encounters using signal flares and my fast shot character who can fire twenty times in one turn with a plasma pistol. Even hardcore big gunner apes can't do anything about it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »

in TB you have to sit there and wait for the predator to take two turns with absolutely no chance of escape.
two turns? How does that work? Is there a 'surprise round' in FOnline?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2013, 11:04:04 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't help if you enter their encounter, but that's what outdoorsman is helpful for. Realtime is for if they try to pop into one of your encounters, you actually might be able to maybe run in time instead of evaporating they instant they enter combat mode.

And there kinda maybe is I think. I've gotten two turns in a row against NPC's before.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »

Some of my friends were roleplaying one day on Fonline 2 server and this is what they came up with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u--ActUJETE
I'm just sad that i couldn't take a part of the action.
Enjoy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]