Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Forgotten Beasts of the Future  (Read 33910 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beasts of the Future
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:18 am »

Quote from: Psieye
will the forgotten beast generator be updated for next version to include all the new tags that got created while working on Night Creatures?

There are some handy tags, but I'm not sure we're going to get at a lot of the potential there this time.  I suppose they should be turning all your dwarves into gremlins with gremlin breath by now.
I thought I came up with a horrifying vision of the (beyond next version) future when I suggested a Forgotten Beast that had tainted meat, turned into a more grotesque form on full moon and would get extremely powerful if it ever got exposed to sunlight. Toady one-up'd me with his off-hand thought. "Beware its Deadly Dust" will be replaced with "Beware its dust that turns you into a cave blob". Oh crud, demons also use the forgotten beast generator don't they? We might see one of these as a human diplomat...

So what other Forgotten Beast visions do you have given the new tags that are being created?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beasts of the Future
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:24 am »

To summarize what went through my head:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To summarize what I think will happen:

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:37:51 am »

Thats whats going through every DF player's head.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:40:58 am »

To summarize what I think will happen:

Finally, they will be saved!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:42:11 am »

Thats whats going through every DF player's head.
I can't find the exact quote, but let me summarize:

You can ask a question on here, and you'll get an answer. It doesn't matter if it's stupid, obvious, or even a straight-to-wiki question. You'll get an answer, or at least a meme. In fact, 90% of threads you'll have Necro run in and scream "MAGMA".

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 12:42:48 pm »

If we get FB's that cause mutations, it's only a matter of time until someone realizes that some of them have possibly useful mutations like extra limbs or whatever.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:15 pm »

If we get FB's that cause mutations, it's only a matter of time until someone realizes that some of them have possibly useful mutations like extra limbs or whatever.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
If they're helpful (Magma immunity, superpowers, etc.), they'll be used on dwarves.

If they're harmful (Just about everything else), they'll be used on elves.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 01:32:33 pm »

People are already getting giant, angry bees as forgotten beats.  I think that tops pretty much everything.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »

People are already getting giant, angry bees as forgotten beats.  I think that tops pretty much everything.
Beeware its deadly sting!

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 01:57:24 pm »

That is the most beautiful thing i have ever heard.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

Looks like no one's stolen that. It's pretty sig-worthy.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 03:04:08 pm »

But in the future, we can get a giant, angry bee with a sting that makes you explosively allergic to say, steel.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 03:05:17 pm »

But in the future, we can get a giant, angry bee with a sting that makes you explosively allergic to say, steel.
WHAT ABOUT ELVES?

Elf is allergic to elf skin! Elf is bloated! Elf is very unhappy!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 03:09:07 pm »

Every release is a bit grimmer. Much longer and I'll start to wonder if Toady One is channeling the spirit of H.P. Lovecraft.
Of course, if my dwarves get an awesome syndrome (...Everyone think about that statement for a sec), then I'll love the update and release the FB into my population. MUAHAHAHA! BATHE IN THE VENOM THAT WILL STRENGTHEN YOU! Aw, crap, a baby punched it to death.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 04:01:12 pm »

"Urist, you have been drafted for military duty...."

"M'kay. Wheres my axe?"

"Dont be silly... Report to the beast chamber for genetic reassignment at once."
This is a blank sig.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5