Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: procedually generated creatures in entity files  (Read 2558 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: procedually generated creatures in entity files
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 04:41:04 pm »

Workaround: Gen a world, extract the procedual creature from the raws, add all of them to your civs, gen a new world with the old procedually creatures as part of your raws. Thats almost as good.
That's what I did, except I combined more than one demon into one creature using castes.
Interesting solution. I thought about adding DEMON_1 to DEMON_50 or so to the entity file, so that each civ will be different, although completely made of the same creature for each civ.

Would you mind posting the raws you made? Because I would like to do that to all types of procedual content creatures for civs... Demons, Titans, FBs, Nightcreatures, Werebeasts. 5 bonus civs people can fight against for an extra challenge.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 04:47:19 pm »

The actual demons are uploaded to DFFD under Misc. To receive the single-creature demons, you'll have to tell me how to make creatures sterile without removing genders. I'll put them in the mod in my sig and you can download that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

Creatures without child tags cant give birth to children. And why not make them sterile? Just give them this:

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:CELIBACY]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:CELIBACY]
   [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:CELIBACY]
      [CE_ADD_TAG:STERILE:START:0]

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:CELIBACY]
      [CDI:VERB:swear celibacy:swears an oath of celibacy:NA]
      [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]
      [CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Obviously your demons dont swear an oath of celibacy, but it works perfectly fine. Just use no VERB.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 06:25:57 pm »

I don't even know any more. What am I doing wrong? I've uploaded the file to DFFD.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8586
Pages: 1 [2]