Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Around the world in One Hundred and Twenty Nine tiles.  (Read 15294 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Around the world in One Hundred and Twenty Nine tiles.
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2015, 12:43:07 pm »

Summer 1009
There doesn't seem to be much to mine for now, we have found enough tetrahedrite for few years. I remove two miners who managed to get to legendary and put them into a new squad. While I am organizing military and making sure they equip all available metal armor, animal trainer Cerol gives birth to another child, a boy this time. -2 + 4 = +2 .

It is 3rd of Malachite again. Two years ago we have got here and claimed upper levels of this fort. Now it is time to get to lower ones too.

Workers swiftly install doors and hatch covers on the lower section of main staircase while military dwarves keep the watch. But beside few olms (are they really flying?) there doesn't seem to be much live. At least in this area around staircase and at least for now. There are spider webs, weird trees and piles of loots everywhere.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All visible entrances are blocked by long rows of bridges (thanks, ptb_ptb).

Finally some wood to chop. I also do realize on our way to tetrahedrite veins we have passed few caissiterrite ones. Bronze Age!

Manager enters a fey mood. It seems we are going to get another surprise from Craftsdwarf's workshop. And it is this 21600 U worth ring:
At least it shows Diamonopened too.

With this new influx of logs one squad of 5 warriors gets clad in bronze armour pieces. I send them on a tour around the cavern to see if it is really so well secured as it seems to be. On the surface is still like 34 zombies, 6 of them caged, some from the refuse pile (mostly crundle scales), some goblins. Those two undead humans either fell or went back to tower. I send archers up to see if they are able to get me rid of some of these intruders.

Checking corners in the east part of the cavern our patrol manages to find a reptile swordswoman. But weird: while she seems to be hostile (unit screen) neither she nor any of military dwarves standing next to her seems to want to fight (bug 7369). I issue direct attack order and she falls over fast. We can't have hostile units in our back when there is siege ongoing.

There doesn't seem to be much threat in the first cavern so I look back up. Archers have run out of arrows again and there are still zombies around. Let's try our new access hallway.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2015, 07:29:20 am »

Autumn 1009

Patrol in caverns finds another reptile guy, this time a blowgunner. I order to wall him there, for a change.

After group of puppies and kitties we get also a reindeer calf. Giant kakapo gets captured on the surface.

I get weary of more "horrified after seeing Bembul die" for dwarves looking at corpse of that hostile baby from the embark times and order testing of smashing capabilities of our new hallway. Then I am going to designate digging of the last piece of dirt on the south side and see if undead party wants to play.

Thikut Likotlolok, our ex-expedition leader, gets up to Axelord. That makes, together with our military commander Edem, two elite military dwarves so far.

I wonder why one of our engravers is still at "No job" even when I have just designated some stone to be smoothed. It turns out I have somehow managed to lock him in the shooting range area.

There is miasma in the great hall from rotten biscuits. Though they are idlers with both refuse and food hauling none wants to move it, neither to food stockpile nor to refuse one. Also, that corpse of Bembul was brought to other garbage dump zone than I have intended and now they do not want to move it either. So I just build walls around it, smooth the floor under it and make 1x1 refuse pile there and move on to hallway opening.

Here our blacksmith is idling in the control room. Some dimple cups and cherry wine is stored next to her. We are ready for the grand opening.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »

If anyone around finds time to deal with the zombie siege before I manage so, feel free to continue. Just add a note here that you are taking the save for some time.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]