Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 50299 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2014, 03:15:25 am »

Selma's Gate
The priest gives you a respectful nod as you approach. "My worship belongs to the third brood of the Holy Fire Dragoness Ishtrarw, exempting the race-traitor Korroar of course."

The dragon returned a slight nod of his own. " Very well. Let it be known that I seek no quarrel with those whom you serve, nor that I normally would do so with their servants. Truth be told, I would rather hope for amiable relations instead. Still, it remains a fact that your forces encroached on a city which I have claimed under my protection, and that your attacks were also aimed at those that serve me as a god. I can't view this as anything else but an aggression on your part, and while I am not sure how you would try to convince me otherwise, you are invited to do so none the less. "

" Well then, I would recommend you to answer my questions truthfully, and I will be as lenient towards you as this situation allows. " Leaving a pregnant pause to let the words sink in, he stated his interests. " Is it true that Travoror's soul is enshrined in these remains, and if so, how much of is him is left. How great an influence was he over Wild Red. How much of Redport follows in the same worship as you. "

Kiatown
He offers a chuckle when you ask about the Crowned General, but his confidence breaks a bit as he speaks. "No, it is not Messel. The crowned General is Rothwell Skullcrest, the heroic siege engineer who disobeyed orders and fired from the wall in vein attempt to save the soldiers on the beach, executed most of the military command for issuing the order forbidding the men on the wall from helping, and of course... well... lead the charge to... um... well rescue you from the wicked and vile Orc God.

For his efforts, most of the rank and file soldiers tried to make him King, but he refused on the grounds that only the gods could do that. He instead rules under the title of Crowned General. Once he came into power, Rothwell took measures to see that his friends of his were in control of the Houses that recently lost leaders. I was given charge of Lionpaw, and Chance, whom Rothwell admired from across party lines, was quickly wed to her betrothed. She and Messel are now Lord and Lady Infelix."

Auratus clicked his tongue at hearing the true state of affairs. He could really do without that particular piece of memory. While, meeting this so-called general, and getting it over with, might be a needed step, he was in no way pleased about it, nor that his host seemed to be a dog of his enemy. " At least he knows his place, or so it would seem. Still, inviting one of House Skullcrest, whom decree themselves an enemy to all of my race, while I reside within your abode? While I will meet him, know that this encounter is an ill-fated one. "

" Still, while we wait for him - you said there would be one or a multitude of weapons worthy enough to be held by my lair? Depending on what this Crowned General, or your uncle have to offer, I just might fall back on your offer instead. "

Hidden Hall
Ketemos shrugged. "To be truthful Auratus, I think any and all request I would have of you would offend you. For now, I guess all I can ask for is that you remain vigilant and careful with your dealings."

"But yes, the Gates will remain open for your and the rest of the gods...Now, I best not keep you here any longer. Need to archive what's left of the collection here; a dreary task and one I would rather not bore you with."

The dragon gave a slight snort. " I am unsure if you mean to give me advice, or if that is a passive implication of you threatening me. If there is anything you wish to say, speak your mind. Else, we can let this matter rest for the time being. "

Seemingly not interested in taking the conversation further, he waited for a moment before beckoning Linda to follow him, slowly advancing out of the labyrinth. Giving her some time to rest and gather herself, he planned on gaining more insight into her new capabilities at a later point in time.

Mortus Meeting
"Following that logic, lad, we could save Chell with even more ease by calling upon one of the deities likely to give a boon as opposed ta send an army. Ta Orcs would likely not notice such passive support."

Mortus offers a dark chuckle and shakes his head. "Dose it look like I was born yesterday? Unless ya be much closer friends with Chell than I thought, Yer plan benifits me more than ya. Ya be up ta something, lad. Operating under the assumption that ya be trying ta get out of killing that Dragon, you may still do something rash o' silly to that end, and I'll look like a co-conspirator for sticking me neck out an' buying ya time ta do so."

Him being friends with Mortus little miss? Auratus dismissed the notion with an amused smile, and a wave of his hand. " Your daughter making herself useful enough, that I would not mind helping her is all. As for who of us gets the better deal, I wonder, but I won't even deny that I plan on taking my dues. I can however assure you, that I do not plan on doing anything that would risk my own standing, nor something that could risk yours. We both know that any undue action on my part would not only produce a backlash for me, but also one aimed at my mother. I would be a fool to take any great chances for a stranger. On the contrary, indebting you to me? Now, that is something I could get behind. "

" Getting back at the matter of the scroll of aid. If we could be sure of only getting a boon, then we might do so, but there are no guarantees. Clammor just might have a weapon to test, and Glaciana's boon? " The dragon snorted angrily " I bet she would send The Traitor, intent on gaining another four souls for her collection. These islands would become ravaged in war, and ours only in name. "

He shook his head at the mere thought of it, sure himself that it could play out this way. It would have to be averted, and he had a mind on how to." If anything, Telen might be able to provide this subtle help you speak of. If you also pass on a message of her darling sons alongside, asking that we do not wish for military aid... " Letting his words trail off, he expectationally looked at said two "darling sons" in question.

"With pride of dragons, more enraged, I would think. You know how prideful they are. Not always reasonable, no.

Besides, I want to eat him. A fitting thing to consume besides harpies, yes? Maybe we could bind him like the storm-lizard in our tower, and I'll only eat him a little, but letting him go again seems ineffective. Ah, he could hold a grudge, indeed!"
Ketari laughed."Of course, that decision can come after we defeat him, yes?"
"I do wonder... but there's only four left and I have it on good authority that they dislike each other. Hopefully they'd consider slavery a pleasant middle ground between losing someone they need and tolerating someone they hate.

If you mean whether to let him go or not, I suppose it could. If you mean whether to eat him or capture him, I'd rather have the collar on hand if we need it, and avoid having to make it if we don't."

Auratus peered at the half-breed, meeting his glances on occasion, but rather unsure what to think of his involvement or motivation in this matter. Not that he would not take it, for all it might be worth.

Considering the proposition for a few moments, he spoke to the goddess.
" Mind where you point your claws at, Ketari. If we kill one of them, it could easily spark a total war. Envision Kiatown swamped with clearly more orcs than our mortals could ever handle, their three remaining gods ready to strike at us if we dare to break their rules of keeping mortal and divine matters of war separate. It would boil down to involvement from the mainlands, and much more time until you once more can hunt in leisure. "

Facing Pyrite, he told of his view on the matter. " Actually, enslaving him for a multitude of decades, I would have no problem with. His brothers could even welcome him being humbled so, and as I plan on having the golden one side with us, it might put a stop to this war. Well, we still would need to fight off the current siege, but the orcs won't field a new campaign as easy, with half of their pantheon unaccounted, or aligned with us. "

" Thinking about our options, it would be easy to build a cell for him in this castle, which I would suggest we do as we can't be sure how long any echantment would be able to hold him. If so, I would take the responsibility of being his warden, with his sentence going to Chell. If he won't go free before the girl truly agrees to it, I think we all can manage with this agreement. Well, not like we should spring our trap before we, indeed, have recovered her, but still. "

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2014, 01:18:41 pm »

"We almost didn't, but our dragon here insisted on striking now. Not that the giant took much convincing either.

What about afterwards? Where'd he see this all going in the long run?"

The girl offers you a slight smile. Mostly sad and frightened, but perhaps hosting some more pleasant elements as well. "We sent boats back home, once we committed to this plan of action, telling of the situation and asking for reinforcements. The Orcs offered us first dibs on looting Kiatown on its fall, but after that, situation allowing, we planned on putting our knives in their backs and taking everything by force."

She shakes her head, as Mild Red gives her a scathing glare. "We planned on returning home to Port Redveil, or perhaps falling back to Corusu's Eye, in short order though. As you clearly discovered, we were not prepared for a straight up fight with an organized Pantheon."

The dragon returned a slight nod of his own. " Very well. Let it be known that I seek no quarrel with those whom you serve, nor that I normally would do so with their servants. Truth be told, I would rather hope for amiable relations instead. Still, it remains a fact that your forces encroached on a city which I have claimed under my protection, and that your attacks were also aimed at those that serve me as a god. I can't view this as anything else but an aggression on your part, and while I am not sure how you would try to convince me otherwise, you are invited to do so none the less. "

" Well then, I would recommend you to answer my questions truthfully, and I will be as lenient towards you as this situation allows. " Leaving a pregnant pause to let the words sink in, he stated his interests. " Is it true that Travoror's soul is enshrined in these remains, and if so, how much of is him is left. How great an influence was he over Wild Red. How much of Redport follows in the same worship as you. "

"Lucky for me that the answer to your questions is also the best excuse for our behavior..." The priest muses a bit nervously before beginning.

"Some of Travoror's soul is enshrined in the remains. His soul is scattered across many artifacts made from his body. The Plate armor of Wild Red is the largest and most intact known piece.

There is enough of him left to converse with; He rarely talks to anybody save Red, but I have had the honor on two occasions. He is damaged and limited; He has no goal or pleasure save for bringing chaos and destruction down on the civilized people of the world, and the reason to that is rather tragic."

Averting his eyes from yours, he respectfully gazes into the scarlet mirror instead. "To tell you any more, I would have to break the taboo against stories of Dragons shedding Dragon blood. Would this offend you, especially in front of such a large audience?"

He offers a chuckle when you ask about the Crowned General, but his confidence breaks a bit as he speaks. "No, it is not Messel. The crowned General is Rothwell Skullcrest, the heroic siege engineer who disobeyed orders and fired from the wall in vein attempt to save the soldiers on the beach, executed most of the military command for issuing the order forbidding the men on the wall from helping, and of course... well... lead the charge to... um... well rescue you from the wicked and vile Orc God.

For his efforts, most of the rank and file soldiers tried to make him King, but he refused on the grounds that only the gods could do that. He instead rules under the title of Crowned General. Once he came into power, Rothwell took measures to see that his friends of his were in control of the Houses that recently lost leaders. I was given charge of Lionpaw, and Chance, whom Rothwell admired from across party lines, was quickly wed to her betrothed. She and Messel are now Lord and Lady Infelix."

Auratus clicked his tongue at hearing the true state of affairs. He could really do without that particular piece of memory. While, meeting this so-called general, and getting it over with, might be a needed step, he was in no way pleased about it, nor that his host seemed to be a dog of his enemy. " At least he knows his place, or so it would seem. Still, inviting one of House Skullcrest, whom decree themselves an enemy to all of my race, while I reside within your abode? While I will meet him, know that this encounter is an ill-fated one. "

" Still, while we wait for him - you said there would be one or a multitude of weapons worthy enough to be held by my lair? Depending on what this Crowned General, or your uncle have to offer, I just might fall back on your offer instead. "

The boy seems to be more confused by your annoyance and warning than anything. "But Skullcrest also takes serious their responsibility to protect and serve their gods..." He half mutters.

Your host shakes his head and falls silent for a moment before returning to the topic of gifts. He perks back up quickly. "I was thinking of offering one trophy from the name of Red for another. The Flail of Cotton was taken off of the wicked Baron Bonerender Red during the war that established my house. Any structure constructed of Bellian hands that it strikes crumples as if it were cloth or sand. It it well decorated too - the sort of thing you would see in a pile of loot on a mural depicting a Dragon's Lair. I have other artifacts, of course, so if you want something more or different, just let me know; Bartering with a god over tribute seems a bit crass, but they say pride is my sin. I do love talking about the stuff in my vaults."

He offers you a boyish grin.

Him being friends with Mortus little miss? Auratus dismissed the notion with an amused smile, and a wave of his hand. " Your daughter making herself useful enough, that I would not mind helping her is all. As for who of us gets the better deal, I wonder, but I won't even deny that I plan on taking my dues. I can however assure you, that I do not plan on doing anything that would risk my own standing, nor something that could risk yours. We both know that any undue action on my part would not only produce a backlash for me, but also one aimed at my mother. I would be a fool to take any great chances for a stranger. On the contrary, indebting you to me? Now, that is something I could get behind. "

" Getting back at the matter of the scroll of aid. If we could be sure of only getting a boon, then we might do so, but there are no guarantees. Clammor just might have a weapon to test, and Glaciana's boon? " The dragon snorted angrily " I bet she would send The Traitor, intent on gaining another four souls for her collection. These islands would become ravaged in war, and ours only in name. "

He shook his head at the mere thought of it, sure himself that it could play out this way. It would have to be averted, and he had a mind on how to." If anything, Telen might be able to provide this subtle help you speak of. If you also pass on a message of her darling sons alongside, asking that we do not wish for military aid... " Letting his words trail off, he expectationally looked at said two "darling sons" in question.

A grin erupts across Mortus' beak. "If I feel any one o' ya is responsible for saving her, I will inform Rexxis and he will render some proper reward. I'll tell him ta make it a good one. I'm afraid I'm forbidden from settling my own debts. We can't have anybody having leverage over me when it comes time for them ta board the Galley."

He pauses when you mention Glaciana's boon. "Nah. I think ta way the scroll is written, it demands someting for ya to keep, not a rental, and she ain't giving up that pet of hers. My money would be on ya each getting some soul useful for ta current situation, or one o' the toys she makes from the souls she takes."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:15 pm »

"Lucky for me that the answer to your questions is also the best excuse for our behavior..." The priest muses a bit nervously before beginning.

"Some of Travoror's soul is enshrined in the remains. His soul is scattered across many artifacts made from his body. The Plate armor of Wild Red is the largest and most intact known piece.

There is enough of him left to converse with; He rarely talks to anybody save Red, but I have had the honor on two occasions. He is damaged and limited; He has no goal or pleasure save for bringing chaos and destruction down on the civilized people of the world, and the reason to that is rather tragic."

Averting his eyes from yours, he respectfully gazes into the scarlet mirror instead. "To tell you any more, I would have to break the taboo against stories of Dragons shedding Dragon blood. Would this offend you, especially in front of such a large audience?"

Creasing his brows, the dragons answer came hastily. "That it would – Let us not sully this day with such profanities."

" So he can speak, you say? Then I guess I will have him answer to me. If necessary, we will talk at greater length at a later point in time. " Turning away from the priest, he made a beeline for the much discussed plate armour.

After bestowing one of his hinted bows at the remains, Auratus spoke, albeit he himself was a bit unsure at the prospect of conversing with an armour in such a manner.  " Excuse the late introductions, Robber Dragon Travoror, Son of the Holy Fire Dragoness Ishtrarw. Before you stands Auratus, Son of the Stone Dragoness Tonneth... "

" Your Priest has told me the gist of things, but maybe you want to speak for yourself? "
Waiting for an answer, he played with the thought of gingerly picking up the armour, should it prove useless to converse in this way.

The boy seems to be more confused by your annoyance and warning than anything. "But Skullcrest also takes serious their responsibility to protect and serve their gods..." He half mutters.

Your host shakes his head and falls silent for a moment before returning to the topic of gifts. He perks back up quickly. "I was thinking of offering one trophy from the name of Red for another. The Flail of Cotton was taken off of the wicked Baron Bonerender Red during the war that established my house. Any structure constructed of Bellian hands that it strikes crumples as if it were cloth or sand. It it well decorated too - the sort of thing you would see in a pile of loot on a mural depicting a Dragon's Lair. I have other artifacts, of course, so if you want something more or different, just let me know; Bartering with a god over tribute seems a bit crass, but they say pride is my sin. I do love talking about the stuff in my vaults."

He offers you a boyish grin.

Auratus decided to let the matter of House Skullcrest rest for now. Having them show goodwill towards him, even though he had been somewhat involved in the recent sacking of Volcano, might turn out to be genuinely entertaining. Not that he was currently lacking it, thanks to his host.

" Boasting about your artefacts, are you now? In my presence even? What audacity! " The dragon erupted into bemused laughter. A mere mortal boasting in front of someone who had grown up in Tonneth's Lair, was, after all, some sort of comedy. " Very well, let us put your pride to the test – I shall judge if there is anything worth boasting about! After all, there is no doubt that I have seen greater riches than anyone else on this island, nor should there be anyone else more suited to assess them. "

While the meeting ahead might be uncomfortable, it was no reason not to enjoy himself until then. The thought of simply razing a temple dedicated to one of the other four, was obviously charming in it's own way, but maybe something of more interest was hiding in this mortals stores. He severely doubted there to be another artefact like the crown House Infelix held, but maybe something more suited for battle could be found. Judging by these war-torn times, he just might find a use for it too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2014, 05:43:15 pm »

"Eh... well, I'm not sure what kind of boons she'd give, but it's certainly likely that she wouldn't want to come here herself. Not unless she thought there was something worth studying, at least. Requesting something subtle probably wouldn't be too hard..."

Auratus peered at the half-breed, meeting his glances on occasion, but rather unsure what to think of his involvement or motivation in this matter. Not that he would not take it, for all it might be worth.

Facing Pyrite, he told of his view on the matter. " Actually, enslaving him for a multitude of decades, I would have no problem with. His brothers could even welcome him being humbled so, and as I plan on having the golden one side with us, it might put a stop to this war. Well, we still would need to fight off the current siege, but the orcs won't field a new campaign as easy, with half of their pantheon unaccounted, or aligned with us. "

" Thinking about our options, it would be easy to build a cell for him in this castle, which I would suggest we do as we can't be sure how long any echantment would be able to hold him. If so, I would take the responsibility of being his warden, with his sentence going to Chell. If he won't go free before the girl truly agrees to it, I think we all can manage with this agreement. Well, not like we should spring our trap before we, indeed, have recovered her, but still. "
Pyrite seemed to relax and brighten up a little.

"Giving the sentence to Chell, eh? That's a nice touch. I'd have no objections to you managing him when we're not using him otherwise."

He frowned.

"I... hear he's incredibly strong, though. I'm curious what kind of prison we'd need to hold him more securely than a shackling artifact."

The girl offers you a slight smile. Mostly sad and frightened, but perhaps hosting some more pleasant elements as well. "We sent boats back home, once we committed to this plan of action, telling of the situation and asking for reinforcements. The Orcs offered us first dibs on looting Kiatown on its fall, but after that, situation allowing, we planned on putting our knives in their backs and taking everything by force."

She shakes her head, as Mild Red gives her a scathing glare. "We planned on returning home to Port Redveil, or perhaps falling back to Corusu's Eye, in short order though. As you clearly discovered, we were not prepared for a straight up fight with an organized Pantheon."
"Hah, pirates to the end, I guess.

So. I take it we can expect new friends soon, or would that be Turnbell's fleet? How valuable are you and the others likely to be to them?

And for that matter, what's your current plan for getting out of this?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 29, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »

Creasing his brows, the dragons answer came hastily. "That it would – Let us not sully this day with such profanities."

" So he can speak, you say? Then I guess I will have him answer to me. If necessary, we will talk at greater length at a later point in time. " Turning away from the priest, he made a beeline for the much discussed plate armour.

After bestowing one of his hinted bows at the remains, Auratus spoke, albeit he himself was a bit unsure at the prospect of conversing with an armour in such a manner.  " Excuse the late introductions, Robber Dragon Travoror, Son of the Holy Fire Dragoness Ishtrarw. Before you stands Auratus, Son of the Stone Dragoness Tonneth... "

"Your Priest has told me the gist of things, but maybe you want to speak for yourself? "
Waiting for an answer, he played with the thought of gingerly picking up the armour, should it prove useless to converse in this way.

A soft, weak, voice manifests itself in your head after several seconds. It is clearly annoyed. "I am in no mood for your games Pyrite! I know the aura of an earth dragon when I sense it, but Tonneth has no offspring. Furthermore my wicked brother decided to end what few priests I had when he ended me! And you know that! You were there you wretch! Begone and pray that I forgive your complacency in my murder!"

You are able to quickly figure out that in speaking of Pyrite the armor refers not to your fellow young god, but a great uncle of yours, The Fool of Dragons, who shared the same name and employed himself as an entertainer in the court of Korroar.

Judging by the looks on the faces of everybody else, it seems that you are the only one to hear it speak.

Auratus decided to let the matter of House Skullcrest rest for now. Having them show goodwill towards him, even though he had been somewhat involved in the recent sacking of Volcano, might turn out to be genuinely entertaining. Not that he was currently lacking it, thanks to his host.

" Boasting about your artefacts, are you now? In my presence even? What audacity! " The dragon erupted into bemused laughter. A mere mortal boasting in front of someone who had grown up in Tonneth's Lair, was, after all, some sort of comedy. " Very well, let us put your pride to the test – I shall judge if there is anything worth boasting about! After all, there is no doubt that I have seen greater riches than anyone else on this island, nor should there be anyone else more suited to assess them. "

While the meeting ahead might be uncomfortable, it was no reason not to enjoy himself until then. The thought of simply razing a temple dedicated to one of the other four, was obviously charming in it's own way, but maybe something of more interest was hiding in this mortals stores. He severely doubted there to be another artefact like the crown House Infelix held, but maybe something more suited for battle could be found. Judging by these war-torn times, he just might find a use for it too.

"Hmm... Well, I'll start with a good one then. I too possess one of the ancient mirror gems, supposedly stolen from the horizon things by members of your race long before the beginning of time. I've the violet one; It is a bit smaller than yours, but still an impressive trophy, no? I would have likely offered it to you first if you were not displaying the fact that you already possess one."

A mirror gem would indeed be an impressive trophy. According to legend, fifty were stolen by the earliest dragons, but only 23 could be accounted for by the start of the War Before Time, and most of those were lost when the dragons fell. Aside from the one presently residing in your chest, the only one your mother could tell you of was the Evergreen One, which decorated the headrest of Rexxis' throne.

"I also have an original copy of one of Wallower's grimores. Full of recipes and formulas for potions from the hand of the late Boarsman Alchemy God himself. It is a highly sought after text, but a handful of copies exist, so even though it is of more value than fail, I feel its lack of uniqueness makes it less appropriate as an offering no?"

You know of Wallower as little more than a historical footnote; He one of the many Boarsmen leaders who served the Draconic cause in the war before time. To the best of your knowledge, he survived that conflict, so perhaps he was a victim of Valor's hunt that Oinkiny mentioned. Regardless, a book penned by a god would be of more value than any other book; Dragons prefer to carve their important notes on the walls of their lairs and pass them down as songs in Draconic.

"Speaking of Boarsman Gods," The youth continues, "I have the Ivory Fork, a trident made by Valor from the tusks of one that he killed, and enchanted with some of the energy he took from the one he stripped of godhood. The weapon gives the wielder strength and resilience nearing that of a god, but you would obviously already have that, wouldn't you?"

"Hah, pirates to the end, I guess.

So. I take it we can expect new friends soon, or would that be Turnbell's fleet? How valuable are you and the others likely to be to them?

And for that matter, what's your current plan for getting out of this?"[/color]

"My current plan is to wait for said new friends to show up, and hope I am of value to them. It all depends on who is leading the reinforcements. Some might be susceptible to the use of Red's women as bargaining chips, others not so much, and others still would be too concerned with avenging Red to bargain with at all."

She sighs. "Assuming it is somebody you can deal with, I'll be stuck here 5-7 months. Thats how long I'm guessing it will take. Any longer than that, we can assume they are building one heck of an armada back home, or that somebody has already usurped Red's power and so backup isn't coming."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 08, 2014, 06:14:52 pm »

"My current plan is to wait for said new friends to show up, and hope I am of value to them. It all depends on who is leading the reinforcements. Some might be susceptible to the use of Red's women as bargaining chips, others not so much, and others still would be too concerned with avenging Red to bargain with at all."

She sighs. "Assuming it is somebody you can deal with, I'll be stuck here 5-7 months. Thats how long I'm guessing it will take. Any longer than that, we can assume they are building one heck of an armada back home, or that somebody has already usurped Red's power and so backup isn't coming."
Pyrite raised an eyebrow.

"Long time to wait for something so complicated. Are you of any value otherwise?"

He nodded to Makko while he was at it.

"And for that matter, what about you?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 12, 2014, 02:41:06 pm »

Mortus Meeting

Tulwor hmph'd. The dragon was talking endless nonsense, as Father rightfully saw. He had no interest in his machinations; Tulwor aimed to get his sister and his vengeance.

'Telen might be a wise god, aye, but we are to hunt. Telen's boons will not be the most suitable for this,' he said. 'Fletchtania's gifts will be gifts for the task at hand. And if not her, we should seek another god of power - Clammor, perhaps. But I would have us seek the Huntress' aid. Who knows better to hunt beasts in untamed lands? Even dragons have cause to fear her arrows.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »

Mortus Meeting

Tulwor hmph'd. The dragon was talking endless nonsense, as Father rightfully saw. He had no interest in his machinations; Tulwor aimed to get his sister and his vengeance.

'Telen might be a wise god, aye, but we are to hunt. Telen's boons will not be the most suitable for this,' he said. 'Fletchtania's gifts will be gifts for the task at hand. And if not her, we should seek another god of power - Clammor, perhaps. But I would have us seek the Huntress' aid. Who knows better to hunt beasts in untamed lands? Even dragons have cause to fear her arrows.'
Pyrite tapped his foot a few times. The giant had a point.

"Well..." he said, glancing at Ketemos and Auratus. "I suppose that's at least three of us who might have some interest in hunting. I'm afraid Telen's gifts might be harder to predict; knowledge takes many forms and offers many advantages. I'd still posit Glaciana as another option; she's likely to give useful servants or artifacts relating to death or dragon... fighting." He glanced quickly at Auratus, suspecting he was saying the wrong things.

"In any case, I suspect I'd make for a poor tiebreaker."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 13, 2014, 12:32:21 am »

Ketari clucked on the throne.

But break a tie soon, yes? Time is ticking, ticking.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 13, 2014, 03:04:28 am »

Hidden Hall
Ketemos shrugged. "To be truthful Auratus, I think any and all request I would have of you would offend you. For now, I guess all I can ask for is that you remain vigilant and careful with your dealings."

"But yes, the Gates will remain open for your and the rest of the gods...Now, I best not keep you here any longer. Need to archive what's left of the collection here; a dreary task and one I would rather not bore you with."

The dragon gave a slight snort. " I am unsure if you mean to give me advice, or if that is a passive implication of you threatening me. If there is anything you wish to say, speak your mind. Else, we can let this matter rest for the time being. "

Seemingly not interested in taking the conversation further, he waited for a moment before beckoning Linda to follow him, slowly advancing out of the labyrinth. Giving her some time to rest and gather herself, he planned on gaining more insight into her new capabilities at a later point in time.

"Just advice Auratus, just advice". Ketemos shaked his head as the statue-turned-god left the library's remnants.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:12:31 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 13, 2014, 03:15:25 am »

"Yes, I suppose so. Very well, I'll throw in with Fletchtania. Sorry, Auratus."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 13, 2014, 03:31:35 am »

Ketemos shrugged after hearing all his fellow gods speak.

"I still stand by my statement on asking for Clammor's aid but I see that there is little point arguing..."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2014, 12:23:41 pm »

Selma's Gate
A soft, weak, voice manifests itself in your head after several seconds. It is clearly annoyed. "I am in no mood for your games Pyrite! I know the aura of an earth dragon when I sense it, but Tonneth has no offspring. Furthermore my wicked brother decided to end what few priests I had when he ended me! And you know that! You were there you wretch! Begone and pray that I forgive your complacency in my murder!"

You are able to quickly figure out that in speaking of Pyrite the armor refers not to your fellow young god, but a great uncle of yours, The Fool of Dragons, who shared the same name and employed himself as an entertainer in the court of Korroar.

Judging by the looks on the faces of everybody else, it seems that you are the only one to hear it speak.

Hearing such a revelation about his uncle, while interesting in and off itself, was not much use to the dragon. Then again, maybe the brother to Korroar would be suited to clear up some possible possibilities that lay in the past.

Still, he doubted himself not to have come up in Wild Red's vicinity, especially after his proclamation in Selma's Gate. Deciding that he would not hear any excuses, nor that this was the right time and place to discuss them, he voiced a fitting response.

" Hoo... I fear you are misunderstanding a few things. After imposing hostility unto what is partly my realm, this includes the position you currently find yourself in. " He shook his head in slight annoyance.  " Be that as it may, until we can settle this matter in a satisfactory manner, I will have you accepting my hospitality. A temporary measure, as I assure you. "

Kiatown
"Hmm... Well, I'll start with a good one then. I too possess one of the ancient mirror gems, supposedly stolen from the horizon things by members of your race long before the beginning of time. I've the violet one; It is a bit smaller than yours, but still an impressive trophy, no? I would have likely offered it to you first if you were not displaying the fact that you already possess one."

A mirror gem would indeed be an impressive trophy. According to legend, fifty were stolen by the earliest dragons, but only 23 could be accounted for by the start of the War Before Time, and most of those were lost when the dragons fell. Aside from the one presently residing in your chest, the only one your mother could tell you of was the Evergreen One, which decorated the headrest of Rexxis' throne.

"I also have an original copy of one of Wallower's grimores. Full of recipes and formulas for potions from the hand of the late Boarsman Alchemy God himself. It is a highly sought after text, but a handful of copies exist, so even though it is of more value than fail, I feel its lack of uniqueness makes it less appropriate as an offering no?"

You know of Wallower as little more than a historical footnote; He one of the many Boarsmen leaders who served the Draconic cause in the war before time. To the best of your knowledge, he survived that conflict, so perhaps he was a victim of Valor's hunt that Oinkiny mentioned. Regardless, a book penned by a god would be of more value than any other book; Dragons prefer to carve their important notes on the walls of their lairs and pass them down as songs in Draconic.

"Speaking of Boarsman Gods," The youth continues, "I have the Ivory Fork, a trident made by Valor from the tusks of one that he killed, and enchanted with some of the energy he took from the one he stripped of godhood. The weapon gives the wielder strength and resilience nearing that of a god, but you would obviously already have that, wouldn't you?"

t seemed the youth was right about boasting, with Auratus concluding that Valour gifted them enough artefacts that even such a remote part of the house had such quality in their stores. What interested him the most, obviously, was the mirror gem. Gesturing towards it, he gave his reply.

" I have to admit that I would not have thought to find something with such ancient history on this island, nor would I have any hesitation about claiming it, just because I already am in the possession of one. Still, seeing as most of your artefacts seem to stem from the red river rebellion, I am tempted to assume that it was found in the possession of the boarsmen? " Plundering the stores of their own allies once the war was lost? The dragon clearly thought it to be possible, if clearly distasteful.

" The transcription, while not unworthy of being an offering, would do better in the hands of someone proficient or interested in such matters. " He shrugged slightly. " Pyrite would be sure to take it, I guess, but for me it would be of dubious use at best. As for the spear, besides gifting it to a champion of my own, you are right to assume that any boost in strength it could give to me, would be marginally at best. "

Having set his temporary decision on the violet gem, the dragon decided to pass the time left waiting with some inquiries about the war which gave rise to the House Lionpaw.

Mortus' Meeting

"Yes, I suppose so. Very well, I'll throw in with Fletchtania. Sorry, Auratus."

The dragon's answer was a clacking of his tongue.

" Is that so? Any glory Fletchtania will gain in these battles to come, will also be attributed towards her two children present here. I can't deny you your choice, Pyrite, but know that it is one that weakens you. "

Scratching his chin, he looked towards the other Son of Telen. " If you lot are so very keen on risking Chell's live, and choose now... I would also prefer Clammor. Not that this choice gives change to my plans. "
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]