Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My liaison has vanished  (Read 1003 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
My liaison has vanished
« on: February 11, 2010, 06:59:34 pm »

A little bit of background:

I have a fortress where the ground has been de-ramped and the edges floored over to restrict access. Naturally, trade liaisons like to appear in these cut-off areas, and one day I got sick of having to deal with them and left them all to stand outside while I got on with things (I had invasions turned off for this). Cut to a few years later, and I decide to hold all the meetings and send them all on their way before reallowing invasions. The human, elf and knockgoblin representatives all had a meeting with my leader, but the dwarven representative is MIA. S/he's not in the unit list, listed anywhere in Dwarf Companion, and didn't turn up with the dwarves the autumn after the other three meetings. I can get stones and gems and steel off the knockgoblins, whom I modded in for use by Mountainhomes, but my home civ had pretty much everything. I made a backup, abandoned, reembarked with the original civ, and got a liaison. I don't know what Legends says (if anything, which seems unlikely) as the game hangs whenever I select it.

There's probably very little I can do about it short of restarting, but has anybody else had this problem? What makes it even worse is that I knew that it was possible to selectively and remotely cut off access with a hatch, but didn't do so. Next time, I'll use that exploit.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My liaison has vanished
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 08:22:35 pm »

If he/she is dead you will never get another dwarven liason.

Atleast you didn't lose the humans' liason or anything.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:31:22 pm »

You didn't strike Adamantine and attract the King, did you?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:14:41 pm »

Jacob / Lee:
S/he's not dead because s/he's not listed in the Units screen as Deceased. On the other hand, s/he hasn't turned up twice now.

Quietust:
No. I have adamantine on the site, but I've been digging at the other end of the map.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.