Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Special characters  (Read 1094 times)

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Special characters
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »

Hello!

I was wondering: how about meeting special characters in the game, who would be some shout outs to video games? Some would have some unusual skills or attribute repartition, but nothing game breaking.
Ex:
A plumber called Mario. Another called Luigi. (Mario Bros)
A liberal programmer with high agility and some weapon skill, but low Charisma (Cybernetic enhancements are ugly) called The Hacker (System Shock).
A doctor with some sword skill and a Daisho (Dr Mc Ninja)
A Gang member called Carl Jonhson, wanted for several counts of Grand Theft Auto, an agent called Mike Toreno and a hippie called The Truth (Gran Theft Auto San Andreas).
A Taxi driver called Daniel, with an higher than average driving skill (From a french movie called Taxi (In fact, there are 4 Taxi movies)).

What do you think about that?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Special characters
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:31:36 am »

No. Because I see no way this could possibly work well.
Hello Hunam

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 03:16:24 am »

Seconded.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »

Isn't that what codenames are for? :D

There's nothing stopping you from giving a doctor a sword and calling him "McNinja". Or having a whole squad of ninja prostitutes in the style of Frank Miller. Or theming your entire organization after Snow White and the seven dwarves. Embrace the possibilities.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »

Seconded.

It would also quickly become dated.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:48:27 pm »

There's nothing stopping you from giving a doctor a sword and calling him "McNinja". Or having a whole squad of ninja prostitutes in the style of Frank Miller. Or theming your entire organization after Snow White and the seven dwarves. Embrace the possibilities.

I want to see a game of LCS where every recruit takes on a unique Pokemon codename that reflects their abilities and role.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01:23 pm »

I want to see a game of LCS where every recruit takes on a unique Pokemon codename that reflects their abilities and role.

Well it is your own fault they can't have Squirtle because you decided Firemen Hoses weren't good weapons.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 05:55:37 am »

Well it is your own fault they can't have Squirtle because you decided Firemen Hoses weren't good weapons.

And the last time I played fire weapons were underpowered (and hazardous to the wielders), so no Charmander either. What we have left is Bulbasaur, and thankfully, the game contains at least trace amounts of weed.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04