Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The House of Hazards RPG (IC)  (Read 2874 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Hazards RPG (IC)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2020, 04:29:00 pm »

Knock on the floorboards musically to attract that basement monster, then when I see it stab it in the eyes through the gaps in the floor.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 07:55:15 pm »

Player follow Scarlet. Equip with his pistol, he checks their corners while going.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 02:32:37 pm »

Turn 4.

Dr. Unpleasant carefully opens the northwest doorway. A sinister creaking sound reverberates as the door opens, revealing a shadowy room full of vague silhouettes and dormant outlines. The room is quiet, seemingly vacant of any activity. After not detecting any signs of immediate danger, Dr. Unpleasant enters the room and gets a closer look at the shadowy objects. Nearby are some shelves, on which there are a number of books and an assortment of figurines and mementos, both strange and mundane, from times long past. Some titles of the shelved book include "Treatise on the Fundamentals of Crypto-Divinity", "Great Annals of the Rogue", and "Forgotten Delicacies: The Cuisine of the Swamp". Underneath the bookcase is a drawer, from which darkness seems to be leaking out. Surely it must be a trick of the dim lighting. The other shadows in the room remain in obscurity, silently watching the outsider.

Upstairs, Scarlet approaches the left door and turns the doorknob. The door opens easily enough, revealing a dark room resembling a child's bedroom. The room is populated by various furniture items including a smallish sized bed, a closet, a dresser, and a nightstand. As Scarlet scans the room, something suddenly catches her eye--she sees a human girl huddled in a corner, watching her silently from within the shadows.

Back downstairs, Mustard begins tracking the enemy, putting his body to the floor and sniffing for any suspicious smells. Mustard soon detects a particularly unusual yet strangely wonderful scent coming from the cabinets in the south west corner of the room, and adeptly rolls towards the area. Determining the smell to be originating from within one of the cabinets, Mustard opens the respective cabinet and peers inside, seeing a strange flowery plant growing out of the ground through the bottom of the cabinet. The exotically pleasant aroma it is giving off becomes noticeably more pungent with Mustard being so close to its source. Mustard can't help but feel a degree of relaxation as the soothing aroma envelops him.

Meanwhile, Tri is knocking rhythmically on the floorboards, with dagger at the ready. Soon after, Tri detects movement from underneath, and a grimey face is soon seen on the other side of the floorboards. Tri then tightens their grip on the dagger and unleashes a deft stab through the floorboards--a direct hit on the one of the creature's eyes. A series of low sorrowful screams and cries are heard as the creature immediately retracts away from the floorboards. Tri then retrieves the now bloodied dagger from the floorboard, as the screams continue, filling the room with wails of despair, even audible to those upstairs.

Player had been on the way up the stairs when he heard the awful howls from below, as he then quickens his pace to meet with Scarlet. He soon joins the dark-haired woman inside the bedroom to witness the strange girl huddled in the corner, who had now shifted her gaze to the newcomer.

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 03:34:41 pm »

"Atoven." Tri nods to themself.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2020, 07:11:11 am »

Keep looking around the room and look in that drawer and take a closer look at the mementos.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2020, 03:37:19 am »

Player bought HE Grenade which is cost of 300 credits, deducted from 800 into 500 credits.

He then pull the pin and throw it to the strange girl.

I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:40 am »

Scarlet slowly and carefully approached the young girl at the corner, she took something from her purse and showed it to the child. It was some kind of sugary treat of some sort. "Hi," she cheerfully yet respectfully said. "We are sorry to have scared you with all the ruckus we have done downstairs."

She inched a little closer to the girl but stayed at a respectable distance from her. Scarlet, extended her arm, trying to give the child the delicious treat she had on hand.

"You wan't some? It's chocolate." She said.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2020, 12:13:26 am »

Turn 5.

Dr. Unpleasant continues looking around the room, watched back in turn by the silent shadows surrounding him like a hostile courtroom of darkness. He's not able to discern much more from where he's standing, only that there seems to be a dim purplish glow coming from beyond the shadowy mass across the room.

Dr. Unpleasant proceeds to look in the suspiciously eerie drawer. However, the drawer is locked, for better or for worse. There is a keyhole in the middle part of the drawer, though in its rickety condition, perhaps there are others ways of forcing it open, if one were determined enough to seek whatever lies within.

Taking a closer look at the mementos, Dr. Unpleasant notices a few wooden figurines that seem to be a part of a collection. One of the figurines looks rather familiar... in fact, it looks very much like a small wooden figure of Dr. Unpleasant himself! Examining the other five figurines, they seem to also resemble the other five people that arrived here with him. Surely, this was another coincidence, a misconception of the mind?

The other mementos on the shelf include various trinkets and charms, including an ornate-looking rod, a larger figurine of a demonic three-tongued creature, and a miniature head, disturbingly realistic in its textures and features.

Meanwhile upstairs, Player obtains a High Explosive Grenade through the interface of his specialized equipment, and pulls the pin, throwing it to the strange girl huddled in the corner.

The girl looks disinterestedly at the deadly armament that rolls next to her, half-heartedly anticipating the fiery finale that was expected to come... but none did. The grenade simply makes a light mechanical whirring sound, releasing a small amount of gas afterwards. It seems that perhaps the detonator had malfunctioned.

"Huh, I guess it's not my time just yet." She shrugs to herself.

The girl watches Scarlet approach, her expression still a disinterested curiosity. She looks at the treat being offered to her, and soon takes it, unwrapping it and taking a bite.

"Mmm... I haven't had anything like this in a while." She looks up at Scarlet. "You must not be from around here, huh?" She takes another bite. "That's a pity. You don't deserve to be here. Then again, who does?..." She continues eating the chocolate, looking around the room at the shadows like old acquaintences, wearing the same detached expression.

Meanwhile downstairs the dreadful moaning from the basement begins to dwindle, now becoming a soft and seemingly everpresent humming, low and ghostly. Aside from this the room is quiet. The fires near the door begin to die down as well, as only a small cinder remains, darkening the room significantly. Shadows begin creeping out with the diminishing of light, their insubstantial whispers commingling with the haunted humming coming from the basement.

In the corner of the room, it seems that Mustard Frank has fallen unconscious, perhaps or perhaps not due to his discovery of the plant inside the drawer.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:26:49 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2020, 02:30:37 am »

"This is such a weird place."
Grab the figure of myself and the ornate rod, then go see if kicking the drawer manages to break it so I can open it, if that fails use the rod o pry it open.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2020, 02:35:52 am »

"Oh..." Scarlet paused for a moment before speaking again. "What do you mean nobody deserves to be here? Are you alright little girl?"

"Are you not from here?" She asked. "Are you lost like us?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]