Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [SG] New Alderston: A Lovecraftian Horror Adventure  (Read 4018 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] New Alderston: A Lovecraftian Horror Adventure
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2020, 12:46:42 am »

Consider Tubes.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2020, 05:09:34 am »

Consider Tubes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2020, 01:32:07 am »

2 Where are we going?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2020, 09:34:42 am »

Prologue - 10

You don't remember what happened before you got here, but as far as things look to you, you were having a normal conversation with this woman, who seems to be showing you around the manor properly. Something about tubes nags at you at the back of your mind, but you're not certain what it was as the thought melts away like mercury.

Perhaps it would be rude to ask who the woman is, just now, so you smile and nod as she keeps talking. It seems like she is talking about your late aunt and her undeserved bad reputation among the townspeople.

"Sorry, I'm still not very used to the house... where are we going again?" you ventured.

She pauses, "Oh, we're going to the chapel, I can prove to you that Ms. Fergusion keeps it in pristine condition. Well, she used to. Now I keep it tidy, like the rest of the house."

She sighs, "I do know, of course, that she's been missing for a long time now. But it didn't feel right, just taking my advance pay then not doing anything, especially not when Monty seems to be convinced she's still alive and keeping her flowers watered."

The two of you come upon a room that brings to your mind what you'd imagine a classroom in a Victorian boarding school would look like, except instead of a whiteboard there is a large cross of tarnished silver, and a lectern of dark oak. You wonder if the rows of pews signified a time when the family was larger, or whether it was planning ahead for the future.

The maid walks over to the windows, opening them and seemingly proudly presenting the stained glass panes, depicting Christian scenes.

A strange dark stain behind the lectern catches your eyes. You walk over to see that the floor and lectern are covered in blood. The Bible, opened and dust-free, sits over the stain like tablecloths over a corpse. Looking at it up close, you realize that the book is fairly new.

"I- Uh- Why is there blood here?" you asked her.

"What?" the maid turns over to you slowly, blinking.

"There's blood on the lectern, and all over the floor here,"

She slowly walks over to join you, frowning as she looks at the blood, "Oh! I'll get it cleaned up!" she says as she makes a move to leave the room.

• "Okay. Well. That's, uh. Great." Let her clean it up while you go do something else. Like getting breakfast.
  • "Yeah, but, why is there blood on the lectern?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2020, 09:36:52 am »

((Sorry for the interminable stalling of the story! I was thinking over what I wanted with this story and I think I'm going to wrap up this prologue pretty soon and have some PLOT))
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2020, 09:41:10 am »

B
Whoops, just noticed it’s numbers not letters
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:16:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2020, 10:09:28 am »

Consider if you remember any good reason for there to be a bloodstain there. We're probably just forgetting something obvious and will look the fool if we just ask thoughtlessly. Surely.
Um, if we can't think of anything, then ask. Politely, not in a way which makes a big deal of it.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2020, 03:42:14 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2020, 09:27:01 am »

Prologue - 11

This is all starting to get a bit too weird to you. Not just the blood- there was something weird that happened earlier, you're sure of it... But whatever it was elude you at the moment.

Just one day in and you're starting to understand that the newspaper articles that your aunt sent you might not just be conspiracy theories. You nurse your head that is suddenly throbbing for some reason, and it just hurts more the more you try to formulate what was supposed to be a casual question that any sane person would ask about inexplicable blood.

[Constitution Roll = 2]

"I... er... agh..."

The tension builds up in your head, but you power through it.

"But I don't really... I don't get why there's blood on the lectern..."

The maid stops as if struck, and a few seconds pass. You were beginning to worry you had somehow offended her when she speaks.

"Oh, I guess it must be your aunt's? She's a bit clumsy these days. Poor thing..."

Before you could say anything, somehow she has already cleaned up all of the blood. Or did the blood just vanish? It's not really all that important.

Some time later

Taking your breakfast with you to the study, you've decided that you've had enough exploring this spooky migraine-inducing house for the day, and you should probably get to work... investigating these strange phenomenons that your Aunt asked you to. It'd be the least you could do, you guess, since she did drop a pretty hefty inheritance on you out of nowhere. Your lawyer had handed these newspaper clippings wordlessly to you yesterday... and it only struck you now how weird that was.

• Man Comes Back To Life - 6 Years After He Was Pronounced Dead
  • Missing Pet Poster - Cat responding to the name Nettle
  • "My daughter is being stalked by a shapeshifter," claims New Alderston Man

Well... you did sign up to chase down unreliable paranormal news.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2020, 09:30:15 am »

(Sorry I took forever. And also like... sorry I'm actually bad at writing horror as it turns out. But I'm willing to try if people are willing to give me a chance.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2020, 10:13:09 am »

Heh, it's easy to be down on your own work. You're at least as talented as me at horror writing, and I'd like to think that I'm at least decent at it. >.>
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2020, 04:34:28 pm »

(Sorry I took forever. And also like... sorry I'm actually bad at writing horror as it turns out. But I'm willing to try if people are willing to give me a chance.)
You’re doing great, don’t be down on yourself

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2020, 03:21:45 am »

2 Lets find that cat!

Your doing good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]