Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A 1-page comic for DF players, and maybe a guessing game  (Read 1377 times)

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A 1-page comic for DF players, and maybe a guessing game
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:53:28 pm »

This is the first full page comic I have ever made (perhaps the first comic I have made at all), so try not to criticize too harshly!  I drew it some time ago, but only recently discovered that I have a scanner laying around in my house. 1 Catpoint to anyone who can guess what's going on, and what the main character is. It may be a stretch, so I will try to give hints if no one can figure it out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A 1-page comic for DF players, and maybe a guessing game
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »

Well, I know it's a creature being caught from a body of water and then taken and cut up at the butcher's. Hmm... is it an Amphibian Man?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:05:14 am »

Mughopper?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:19:09 pm »

Yeah, it was a Moghopper.  Good guess :)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:30:03 am »

Not so much a guess as i realised it was somekind of vial of extract, also it was rather obvious, since i like moghoppers for their rotund bellies.... or something.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:03:08 pm »

..Why aren't they fishing with their beards?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »

Not so much a guess as i realised it was somekind of vial of extract, also it was rather obvious, since i like moghoppers for their rotund bellies.... or something.

I think it was only obvious to you because your Dwarf Fortress knowledge is good.  I'm glad that it was obvious that they were making an extract.  That part was what I thought might throw people off.  Enjoy your 1 Catpoint!

..Why aren't they fishing with their beards?

Technically, that should have been a trapper to get a moghopper. He wasn't fishing with his beard because I didn't think it though very well. I realize my mistake now, and will certainly draw Dwarves fishing with their beards next time around.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 07:34:42 am »

I should also compliment you on the drawing skills, i know it takes me hours to even get the kind of detail that you put into a single frame of that comic :D

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »

Thanks!  :D