Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1005411 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #270 on: February 18, 2012, 08:54:08 am »

Looking at [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]

...can we define our own Syndrom Classes somehow? Or do our syndromes have to conform to a list someplace?

I got an error message from attempting that, so I think not.

Thanks narhiril. One last question;

Does setting POP_RATIO to 0 actually give 0 (meaning you will never see them) or can you still sometimes get them from migrant waves or births?

You won't get them from births.  Not sure about migrant waves, but I haven't seen one show up yet.
None from birth etc, though Deon reports they still appear in towns/villages. And if you add [PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC] to a caste (at least during worldgen), they're buyable at embark and can be ordered from caravans. Each buyable caste acts like a separate buyable entity. Though the caravan bought ones act a bit buggy, the embark ones are fairly normal except for "tame" after the name.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 18, 2012, 10:04:53 am »

is it possible to make a corpse at a workshop and use the revive interaction on the corpse?
would allow making creatures at workshops..
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #272 on: February 18, 2012, 10:30:54 am »

Maybe, in a clutchy sort of way.

You can use corpsepieces, but no way to control if they are just a bone, or a complete part that can be reanimated. Use preserve_reagent on the corpsepiece, then temporarely turning the dwarf in the workshop in a necromancer. He should reanimate the nearby corpsepiece. Problem with this: reanimated corpses are hostile.

A question of my own:
Has anyone tested the behavior of interaction-using dwarves in fortress mode ? If I give a pyromancer 5 fire interactions, will he use all of them in combat, with preferences ? A dwarf-necromancer, will he raise ALL reanimated-fit corpses ? If a dwarf has the interaction that makes a creature faster, will he use it on allies, or enemies, or both, or not at all ? After all, dwarves are stupid, and have no way of knowing if a syndrome is benefitial or not.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:18 am »

You can keep reanimated corpses from being hostile by removing the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag from the reanimate interaction.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:46 am »

For anyone who is interested: This is the list of changed files for 34.2

For people who are interested:
Dwarf Fortress.exe
Release notes.txt
file changes.txt
c_variation_deafult.txt
creature_domestic.txt
creature_subterranean.txt
creature_standart.txt
creature_tropical_new.txt
language_SYM.txt
inorganic_metal.txt

announcements and worldgen are also new, but no changes.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2012, 11:11:25 am »

Okay so I found out what was causing the converted creature to crash DF.
It was because of the hair and eye color definitions. With those out, the converted critter can be viewed perfectly fine.

Any idea why that happens? I noticed some guy had a werewolf transform interaction with hair, skin and eye color definitions in the creature part, and I assume they don't have sudden crash issues with their code.
If it has more than one color possible for each part it may crash, because (I assume) it needs to keep randomly picking colors for the transformed creature or (more likely) tries to pick the same colors and can't find them. My own werewolf interaction sometimes crashes do to this.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2012, 11:18:55 am »

For anyone who is interested: This is the list of changed files for 34.2

For people who are interested:
Dwarf Fortress.exe
Release notes.txt
file changes.txt
c_variation_deafult.txt
creature_domestic.txt
creature_subterranean.txt
creature_standart.txt
creature_tropical_new.txt
language_SYM.txt
inorganic_metal.txt

announcements and worldgen are also new, but no changes.

Thanks, that is informative. I'll keep this in mind.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:57 am »

I also get crashes at worldgen, no idea way. I added most changes from the new raws, and copied over all other files. Checked everything by hand with beyond compare, but still, the game crashes every time. No errorlog. I will restart now, see if that solves something.

EDIT: Narrowed it down, file by file, till I found and exterminated it. Was an truetype/phoebus issue... quite difficult to find I might add. ;)

NON Raw changes for the new version:
In the data folder:
index
init/interface.txt
help/ a lot of files
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:41:09 pm by Meph »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2012, 12:48:22 pm »

If it has more than one color possible for each part it may crash, because (I assume) it needs to keep randomly picking colors for the transformed creature or (more likely) tries to pick the same colors and can't find them. My own werewolf interaction sometimes crashes do to this.

I tried limiting the colors of specific bodyparts down to 1, but it still crashed.
Screw it, who needs to know what color my creatures are anyway, amirite?

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2012, 01:27:32 pm »

So I decided that I would try a little modding with this newest version. I decided to do a Dragon Quest themed mod, and decided that, for some arbitrary reason, I wanted the slimes to be a civilization of clever assholes, so I made them export berries that turn whoever eats them into a slime, will the following raws work?
Spoiler: Transformation berry (click to show/hide)
also, is it possible to make the syndrome exclude slimes, so they don't turn into themselves after eating their own berries?
also, will these raws work to make the creature made of a fat like material:
Reposting this is hopes of answers, as it was ignored when I originally posted it...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2012, 02:00:20 pm »

So I decided that I would try a little modding with this newest version. I decided to do a Dragon Quest themed mod, and decided that, for some arbitrary reason, I wanted the slimes to be a civilization of clever assholes, so I made them export berries that turn whoever eats them into a slime, will the following raws work?
Spoiler: Transformation berry (click to show/hide)
also, is it possible to make the syndrome exclude slimes, so they don't turn into themselves after eating their own berries?
also, will these raws work to make the creature made of a fat like material:
Reposting this is hopes of answers, as it was ignored when I originally posted it...
1.It should work

2.I'm still not sure if I can help but let's see.
Spoiler: Curse (click to show/hide)
and use
   [SYNDROME]
   [IE_ARENA_NAME:slime]
   [SYN_INGESTED]
   [CE:INTERACTION:SLIMECURSE]
on the berry instead. This is so anything without blood and has those other forbiddens won't be turned into slimes (ie animated undead/vampires), this includes the slimes themselves. Or that is what I think think it will do. To test these things make an adventure reaction to spawn the plant, go into the arena, and eat the berries.

3.That won't make the creature made of fat, just give it fatty materials. You'll need to specify what materials go where yourself. There's many ways to make a slime creature and I can't really help unless I've got an idea of how you're trying to get there.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2012, 02:47:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Small problem, every zombie I raise attacks me for whatever reason.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2012, 03:08:51 pm »

Small problem, every zombie I raise attacks me for whatever reason.

Get rid of that and you should be golden.  Also curious, do OPPOSED_TO_LIFE creatures attack each other?

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2012, 03:11:03 pm »

Been wanting to try modding DF for a while, and now that the new release is here with the new powers, decided to jump in :P
So, question time,
Has anyone played around with new books, such as replacing things like [IS_SPHERE:DEATH], or [IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]?
And also adding new powers that can be gained by reading?
These are my main questions, however, is it possible to add new skills in adventure mode to base off what can be used for powers (ie something like mana as an example, just as a limiting quantity)
Hope that all makes sense, as this is new to me.

You can change the sphere to any of the spheres, which (as far as I know) just controls what god creates the slab engraved with the secret (or grants it directly).  You cannot use other secret goals, IMMORTALITY is the only secret goal in the latest string dump.  As Toady adds to the interaction system, he will be adding new goals to go with the new secrets. 

People have added other secrets that give different interactions (powers/syndromes), but the default worldgens make dozens of identical necromancy secrets, so you have to turn the parameters way down, or make many duplicates of your new secret, otherwise necromancy will dominate and you won't really stumble across it without a lot of luck.  You can follow the sample secret interaction Toady included in the "raw\sample interactions" directory.  Learning the secret lets you add a syndrome to the creature that learns it. 

You cannot add new skills, mana, or anything like that.  Interactions can have a cooldown (for example, necromancy's animate power has [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]) .

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2012, 03:24:03 pm »

Not really a question but I did learn that not only gods can grant slabs. For a hydra granted a human the power of rebirth. So a colossus could grant a secret with the sphere "WAR". Though the person still has to worship them.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 544