Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002419 times)

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »

Is there a raw I can change in order to increase the frequency in which I embark on top of iron ores? If so, what parts of the file do I change and what do I change it to?

I'm not really a modder, I just want to stop embarking on top of Tin and Nickel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »

Go to the inorganic_stone_mineral, search for every entry that has this line: [METAL_ORE:IRON:100] and then raise the occurence. You can find it here: [ENVIRONMENT:something:VEIN:100]

Replace it with [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:VEIN:100] and you have a lot more iron.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »

Looking at [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]

...can we define our own Syndrom Classes somehow? Or do our syndromes have to conform to a list someplace?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »

Does anyone know an interaction that will cover a creature with a coating of water?  I'm hoping to use it both to clean off other contaminants and to resist damage from fire.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »

Has anyone done any testing with this yet? From the mummy's disturbance curse.

Code: [Select]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0]
Not sure what the PERC:0 and PERC_ON:20 mean.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »

I have not been able to make [IT_FORBIDDEN:X] work at all. Does it only work on certain tags? Am I putting it in the wrong place?

[INTERACTION:QUEEN_EVOLUTION]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOFEAR]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:ANT_MAN:QUEEN]

I think what is supposed to happen in that case is that a creature with the NOFEAR tag will be unable to use the interaction, but I gave the caste both that interaction and the NOFEAR tag and it could use it fine.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2012, 08:22:01 pm »

Does anybody know the tag for happiness/unhappiness? I want a good rain that causes elation in its victims.
EDIT:Also, I'm trying to make affected creatures emit a syndrome that does the above(without changing the creature itself). Any ideas on how to do this?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:30:15 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »

I have not been able to make [IT_FORBIDDEN:X] work at all. Does it only work on certain tags? Am I putting it in the wrong place?

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]

I think what is supposed to happen in that case is that a creature with the NOFEAR tag will be unable to use the interaction, but I gave the caste both that interaction and the NOFEAR tag and it could use it fine.
A creature with the NOFEAR tag will be unable to be TARGETED by the interaction.
SELF_ONLY targeting probably doesn't check that.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »

Why is this crashing the game?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:50 pm »

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]

A creature with the NOFEAR tag will be unable to be TARGETED by the interaction.
SELF_ONLY targeting probably doesn't check that.

That's it! Although it appears to be a "little from column A, little from column B" situation. NOFEAR and SUPERNATURAL worked, but STERILE didn't for some reason. Now, two follow-up questions.

1) Does anybody know what the SUPERNATURAL tag controls? I only used it because it was on this list and didn't seem obviously important.

2) What am I doing wrong here?

[INTERACTION:PRE_QUEEN_EVOLUTION]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_ADD_TAG:SUPERNATURAL:START:1:END:100]

This should give the creature a syndrome that bestows the SUPERNATURAL tag for a certain amount of time. I can tell it does not because I used this, then used the other interaction that should fail if it is present. In theory, if I can get this to work I can force a creature to wait months before they can use the transformation interaction, thereby simulating a complex caterpillar->butterfly life cycle.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2012, 09:44:17 pm »

It's nce to crawl back here after that hilaaaarious last post.
Turns out, I didn't think of making an interaction txt file on the objects folder, hur hur i so crazy

Anyway. While doing SCIENCE I'm getting somewhere, but fieldtesting a bite-converting semimegabeastie has turned up a thing where the game ends up crashing when you try to view the converted creature. There's nothing wrong with the actual converter, that one can be viewed just fine. Is there something wrong with how arena handles converted targets or is this horrible code to blame?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I bet I did this and again will realize it tomorrow.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »

So I decided that I would try a little modding with this newest version. I decided to do a Dragon Quest themed mod, and decided that, for some arbitrary reason, I wanted the slimes to be a civilization of clever assholes, so I made them export berries that turn whoever eats them into a slime, will the following raws work?
Spoiler: Transformation berry (click to show/hide)
also, is it possible to make the syndrome exclude slimes, so they don't turn into themselves after eating their own berries?
also, will these raws work to make the creature made of a fat like material:

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2012, 10:01:48 pm »

Since this was ignored I'll ask this again:

I want to remove all the stones in the game and make a generic type. What reaction should I make so that I don't lose any items? The reaction will be free and be given to other civs so I'm limited to trade them instead of making them.

I already have a list: metals, gypsum powder and gems. Am I missing anything else?

Also we all know that in some biomes, it rains blood. Is it possible to mod a syndrome in the blood? (Yes I know blood is random, but I still want to know if it's possible.)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:49 pm »

[CE:CREATURE:WEREPYRE:DEFAULT]

Is the werepyre a casteless creature? Only thing that sticks out to me.

Also we all know that in some biomes, it rains blood. Is it possible to mod a syndrome in the blood? (Yes I know blood is random, but I still want to know if it's possible.)

If you give goblin blood a contact syndrome, and it rains goblin blood, your dwarves will be affected by the syndrome when stepping in the puddles of goblin blood.

I'm really not sure what you're asking about for the first thing. If you just want there to be one layer stone, just remove all but one of them. You don't have to do anything with reactions for that.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:47 pm »

Basically I want to remove all the stones, including flux and gems. If I do this it'll be impossible to find gems or make metals. I'm trying to make a custom reaction to fix these problems. I'm asking if I missed any other ones.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 544