Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002281 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:09 pm »

A couple of questions:

1) Weres/Vamps can be weak to specific materials, right? How could I make a given creature weak to, say, silver?

2) Related to 1, could the kitty headbump interaction be modified to work at a distance, so a silver bodypart could make "contact" with the silver-weak creature from a distance?

3) If I wanted an interaction that would spray water at a target (say, for firefighting) how would I go about doing that?

And information on where you actually found this info would probably stop me from asking additional stupid questions :P

Bump for justice?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2012, 10:50:00 pm »

monk, none of those things sound possible from what i know...you'd have to give the material a syndrome which only affected the particular creature i think.

Distance bumps, not happening.

Firefighting, maybe emit materials with a low set temparature to put out fires.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From Vampire:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0]
You seemed to have missed some numbers.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »

Distance bumps, not happening.
And why not?
Have you tried it?

[CDI:TARGET:B:TOUCHABLE]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:1]

Should be able to change that to LINE_OF_SIGHT and a number greater than 1 just fine, near as I can tell.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:31 pm »

Hmm ok i missed that possibility.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:38 pm »

you'd have to give the material a syndrome which only affected the particular creature i think.

So material weakness is handled via syndrome? Do you know where there is an example of this for me to spy on?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2012, 11:06:48 pm »

you'd have to give the material a syndrome which only affected the particular creature i think.

So material weakness is handled via syndrome? Do you know where there is an example of this for me to spy on?
Gnomeblight only affects Gnomes, classic example.

For your mod, you can add a syndrome to silver that affects e.g. Vampires and then, it's just a matter of stabbing a vampire with a weapon made of the new silver.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »

Putnam, download Deon's examples in Witcher mod, you're not checking your work as you go!

"[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]"

^ That's how Deon's ones are laid out. Don't ask me the details, but what you've got doesn't look right.

"START" is actually the time delay before the change kick in, (i think, not sure), but you pack all the PHYS and MENT attributes into single lines.

@3: Gender swap etc only became possible 2 days ago with the next version, not that rusty.

...I directly used Deon's witcher mod as an example >_>

I didn't see that, though.

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2012, 11:08:30 pm »

Hi, trying to make a Medusa here and, while I can't figure out how to make victims statues yet, am still trying to inflict a bad fate on a divinely cursed creature.

Now while things like a speed mod work, I simply can't get the paralysis effect to go.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »

Don't you need  SYN_INJECTED, SYN_CONTACT, SYN_INHALED etc for the syndrome?

Maybe they're no longer needed for interation ones i guess.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »

For your mod, you can add a syndrome to silver that affects e.g. Vampires and then, it's just a matter of stabbing a vampire with a weapon made of the new silver.

Thank you! That's very helpful. You too, @Jay

Canary

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2012, 11:17:48 pm »

Hey guys, long time player, first time poster.

One of the first things I did when the new version hit was to make dragons playable in adventure mode and melt some dudes.
After adding the [CANOPENDOORS] and [NO_EAT] tags, I was in business. (I added the [NO_EAT] tag because, somewhat funnily, dragons can't grip things and will starve since it's unthinkable to eat things off the ground directly. No problems with drinking the blood splattered all over them, though.)

However, I noticed that melting dudes doesn't count towards your kills and won't make people hostile towards you. So you can casually walk into a market and burn everyone to death and no one will care:

So yeah, any way to have incinerating people make their neighbors hostile (and also count towards your kills)?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:26:27 pm by Canary »

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »

Maybe they're no longer needed for interation ones i guess.
Well I'm just going off of the Witcher mod, which doesn't have them.
Edit - CE_SPEED_PERC can't reduce the speed of a target creature below 99 either.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:52 pm »

I'm almost certain that this is not how werebeast material weaknesses work and that it's something at the creature level, rather than the material level. I don't really have anything to show as a counterexample, though.

The thing that you're describing with silver definitely did not work in the last version, as [SYN_CONTACT] only worked with contaminants, and I don't think that's been changed.

This is definitely false. Take a look at the sample interactions in raw\interaction examples\.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »

Material weaknesses are currently only used by the generated vampires and werebeasts I believe, so that's why there's no examples in the raws.  You'd want to dig into an uncompressed save to see if there's any tag showing on the generated raws for specific ones.

It's definitely not a syndrome thing; it's something new just for night creatures.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 544