Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002379 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »

Code: [Select]
a boiling log with a syndrome attached.How did I miss that ? I use this trick all the time anyway.

And a custom workshop for special trees could be done, although the rarity is a lot more difficult to do for trees, then with stone/gem. A lot of testing needs to be done, but I already have 3 good ideas for trees now, thanks.

EDIT: I also tried to add interactions to nobles, but it only creates error-logs. Would have been nice to have undead-killing priests... anyone knows a workaround for that ?

Restrict the position to a certain caste, give that caste an interaction, set pop ratio to zero, make an "initiation rite" to transform a dwarf into that caste.  That's about the best I can do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

Thanks! Now that the ability is one-use only on corpses, the AI can use it now...

- The AI will target ANY corpse with the resurrection ability, even enemies. This results in endless fighting unless all the casters die (at the same time!).
- If YOU die, you get the "you are deceased" message, but doing anything to advance the game clock (such as the mouse swirl) results in the creature you were using being resurrected. However, you simultaneously body-swap out of the formerly dead creature. In the arena case, I ended up in the bronze colossus that my group of caster-dwarves were attacking.

Again, the ability is trouble unless in the hands of the player.
Is it possible to add a further specification that it targets a specific races corpses only?

How does this effect fortress mode with death notices and coffins designation and such?
you could put [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:UNIQUEID] in the res target def and put the same [CREATURE_CLASS:UNIQUEID] in the creature.

Their friends will be saddened at their death and then happy to make a new friend, so you should try to keep them alive if you're worried about moods. I don't know about coffin designations. And I wonder if they can resurrect a corpse already buried?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2012, 06:46:41 pm »

I will have to try it out! Thanks.

Also, can these interactions be put on materials? For example can I put an interaction on a metal and then if you craft a sword out of that metal it will cause the interaction when it touches the opponent?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »

Also, can these interactions be put on materials? For example can I put an interaction on a metal and then if you craft a sword out of that metal it will cause the interaction when it touches the opponent?

Some quick arena mode testing reveals that solid items don't transfer syndromes of their materials. You can lick a sword, stab people with it, or handle it with your bare hands, but no-one gets the syndrome. Exposure to the material in its liquid, gas, or dust forms can transfer the syndrome.

It looks like interactions can be attached to creature attacks (e.g. werewolf bite).

For the record, the most lethal syndrome I have seen/created uses[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »

Some quick arena mode testing reveals that solid items don't transfer syndromes of their materials. You can lick a sword, stab people with it, or handle it with your bare hands, but no-one gets the syndrome. Exposure to the material in its liquid, gas, or dust forms can transfer the syndrome.

It looks like interactions can be attached to creature attacks (e.g. werewolf bite).

For the record, the most lethal syndrome I have seen/created uses[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]

Hmmm, drats. I suppose you could do the arrow melts at a lower temperature than the body trick though for arrows at least still, but not quite the same. Oh well.

Edit: Polymorphing bolts?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:03:37 am by Roses »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:13 am »

Alright, in my quest to know all things moddery, I stumbled across [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE]. According to the wiki, it "Determines how important the appearance modifier is, for determining whether it shows up in the creature description." Which makes sense and all, except it doesn't tell me what that number means, or is supposed to represent. Dwarves in creatures_standard (where I encountered it) have that value set to 500- 500 what? Is that big or small?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2012, 12:16:32 am »

Anyone know what tokens affect dwarves and humans learning the secret of necromancy? I'd like elf and goblin towers too.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:09 am »

Alright, in my quest to know all things moddery, I stumbled across [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE]. According to the wiki, it "Determines how important the appearance modifier is, for determining whether it shows up in the creature description." Which makes sense and all, except it doesn't tell me what that number means, or is supposed to represent. Dwarves in creatures_standard (where I encountered it) have that value set to 500- 500 what? Is that big or small?

I think it's covered in this, from around the time of DF Talk #6.

Anyone know what tokens affect dwarves and humans learning the secret of necromancy? I'd like elf and goblin towers too.

Dwarves and humans are mortal - they have a MAXAGE:x:y token. Give elves and goblins those and they should have the ability to become necromancers.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:30 am »

I tried that as soon as i got 34.02 and spawned dozens of worlds, still only see human and dwarves towers around...I tried long maxages (800:1000) and recently tried again giving elves/goblins maxage of 160:200. No luck yet.

Also, kobolds have maxage yet no necromancers, i gave them [INTELLIGENT] token, but that didn't help.

Maybe I'll spawn a few dozen more worlds, see if it was a fluke.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:38 am »

I really don't know what to tell you.  The races I've modded in just do.
"The Jayman: Fact or Fiction?"
(an artifact from when I was testing them, before they got proper names)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2012, 12:38:40 am »

I think it's covered in this, from around the time of DF Talk #6.

Oooh, fancy! I'll have to listen to that tomorrow. Another random question(s), is the reason you don't see preferences for sentient creatures (likes elves for their grace, etc) merely a side-effect of the relative dearth of civilized races, or is there something else at work there? And is PREFSTRING a creature level tag, or a caste level? Can a particular caste even be preferred?

EDIT: What about PERSONALITY? MANNERISM? Hell, is there a handy chart somewhere that shows what works at caste level and what doesn't?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:40:27 am by monk12 »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:14 am »

Hey i just tried changing mountain and plains entity races to elves, and now I'm getting Elven necromancer towers. Checked with goblins and kobolds, and got those happening. It definitely needs [MAXAGE] in the creature, but there's some entity-level tokens which are lacking in the non-human and dwarf civilizations too. MAXAGE alone won't give those towers. Need more testing to find what those entity tokens are.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2012, 01:09:08 am »

Okay, so how would I go about making an attack suck blood AND apply a syndrome to the attacking creature?

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2012, 08:51:10 am »

Suppose I wanted a "Dwarven Stasis Chamber" to turn the worthless rabble into immobile Dwarfsicles that don't need food or drink, but could be defrosted promptly when I had need of a larger workforce. How would I go about that?

I was thinking a lockable room containing a workshop with a reaction that generates gas that transforms dwarfs for a month (how many time units is that?), set on repeat. Then suspend the reaction when I need the dwarfs. Would that work?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2012, 08:59:09 am »

Okay, so how would I go about making an attack suck blood AND apply a syndrome to the attacking creature?
I'd imagine
[SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:#:#]
[SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ID]
in the same attack definition.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 544