Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002301 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2012, 05:38:44 am »

I discovered that, if you inflict an intense amount of drowsiness on a target, they will instantly go insane. They randomly go mad, melancholy, or berserk.  (It probably has to do with how liaisons and traders will go insane if they're stuck on your map too long. Like drowsiness is being used as the timer for that.) It's a cool effect, to see a dozen guys start flashing !!!!!!!, but I'd like to do it directly rather than through a cloud of boiling gas.
Even dead gods dream...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2012, 09:44:46 am »

I have a necromancer in fortress mode. My own dwarven one. I removed opposed-to-life from the raise-corpse reaction.

He now runs around and raises everything in his reach. Dwarven/pet corpses are friendly, invader corpses are hostile. Any idea how he can only raise friendly corpses ? The way it is he is fun, but useless.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #572 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:28 am »

I have a necromancer in fortress mode. My own dwarven one. I removed opposed-to-life from the raise-corpse reaction.

He now runs around and raises everything in his reach. Dwarven/pet corpses are friendly, invader corpses are hostile. Any idea how he can only raise friendly corpses ? The way it is he is fun, but useless.
Add a tag to hostiles that is FORBIDDEN or have something consumed in the fortress that gives firendly civ members/pets a syndrom class of FRIENDLY_ANIMATE and have only bodies that have that class be animated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #573 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:01 am »

You mean a SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:FRIENDLY and a SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:HOSTILE ?

That wouldnt work, since a horse can be hostile (berserk trader horse) or docile (a bought horse) Same goes for sentient beings. Friendly human traders, hostile human invaders.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 25, 2012, 03:26:57 pm »

Does anyone know if a single body part, in body_default, can have multiple CATEGORY tags? The wiki doesn't say and it'll make the mod I'm making vastly easier to make and vastly more likely to be compatible with other mods they can.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 25, 2012, 04:24:42 pm »

I was thinking about this Meph, the best I could come up with is giving your dwarves a certain class, then allowing the raise ability to only target that class. It means you won't be able to raise pets and such, but you will only be raising your dwarves instead of every dead thing on the map.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #576 on: February 25, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

Well, I have him running around raising everything he wants. It is up to the player to micromanage him. It is more another evil test for the people who play my mod I'd say.

Once I get into the whole interactions/curses/spells thing I set up a proper magic system, with blood-sacrifices for Vampires and Demons, Black Magic for evil spells and necros, White Magic for healing, undead-killing and priests, and elemental magic for warriors. Ice/Fire/Earth/Air, something like that.

But I digress, thanks for the help. Only raising dwarves would make him more of a Jesus-dude, resurrecting your fallen dead citizens.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 25, 2012, 05:05:51 pm »

Yeah, it would make it pretty overpowered.

I was actually thinking about adding a class to all animals, and then making spells that only effect that class, making a sort of animal-mancer. Raise animals, buff animals. Stuff like that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 25, 2012, 05:10:03 pm »

Yeah, it would make it pretty overpowered.

I was actually thinking about adding a class to all animals, and then making spells that only effect that class, making a sort of animal-mancer. Raise animals, buff animals. Stuff like that.

You mean... a druid?

Ooh, we need a diablo mod.

Giygas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »

i have modded the "fireball" and "jet of fire" spells found here changing this: [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND] into this: [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH] but they stopped working.
can somebody explain me why?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 25, 2012, 05:47:33 pm »

So I'm trying to create a secret that will allow you to butcher an intelligent corpse.
I can't use CE_REMOVE_TAG:INTELLIGENT
But I think I might be able to use CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION to turn them into an unintelligent version of their current race. The only issue I'm having here is figure out how to ensure that the transformation syndrome only affects those of a certain species. Anyone know what I need to do?

(And also: Any idea how I could cover all of the animalmen with this without creating, like, four thousand different powers?)

Edit: This is the interaction I'm currently using. For some reason I can't get the caste right (DWARF:DEFAULT and DWARF_BUTCHERABLE:DEFAULT bring back errors)
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:PREPARE_DWARF]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:dwarf corpses]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Prepared corpse]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:DWARF_BUTCHERABLE]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:00:22 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #581 on: February 25, 2012, 06:04:01 pm »

The INTELLIGENT tag is sadly not supported by CE-ADD or CE-REMOVE.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 25, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »

The INTELLIGENT tag is sadly not supported by CE-ADD or CE-REMOVE.
Yep. So I've created a copy of the DWARF raws, removed the INTELLIGENT tag from there, and renamed it DWARF_BUTCHERABLE
Now the issue is in getting the corpses to change.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #583 on: February 25, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »

A quick question: If I give a goblin the interaction to add the flier tag for a few seconds to himself, would that mean that he can jump over my moat, fall down 1z-lvl, be stunned, recovers, and then wrecks havoc ? 

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 25, 2012, 06:26:36 pm »

Probably, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 544