Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002518 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1635 on: May 20, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »

Export map/gen info with "p" in legends mode, then check the text file called "regionx-world_sites_and_pops" and ctrl+f your creature.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 20, 2012, 06:08:01 pm »

I just recently tried, the map had all factors set to highest except age,  and I removed all creatures except mine and the creature_standard ones.  There were none of my creature spawned.
Any ideas?
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 20, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

Post the entire file the creature is contained in.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 20, 2012, 06:21:37 pm »

Here's the entire creature file. Hope it helps.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The scratch attack also seems buggy, but it's probably my fault.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:43:58 pm by Revanchist »
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 20, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »

any clue to why this won't work? It shows up in the acquired powers and lets me select targets, but they dont transform into DEAD_DOLL creature, which exists... it has me confused because the corpse version of this works...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1640 on: May 20, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »

@ sanure
in I_TARGET:A:CREATURE you missing
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]

I believe that could be the issue, as everything else looks fine

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 20, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

sweet! that was it exactly! thank you Hugo_The_Dwarf! And with that the first half of my Doll Maker Modifications is done. now to get out into adventure and further test the abilities.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 20, 2012, 08:19:38 pm »

sweet! that was it exactly! thank you Hugo_The_Dwarf! And with that the first half of my Doll Maker Modifications is done. now to get out into adventure and further test the abilities.
Your welcome haha I can't believe it took us all day to figure it out thus far :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 20, 2012, 08:25:47 pm »

Your welcome haha I can't believe it took us all day to figure it out thus far :P

Yeah, I know :P But its now finished, and I'm working out how adventure mode shall turn out. I think I may keep it to where you use the Doll Maker's curse to turn creatures and corpses into doll items, and then use those in reactions or just sell them for coin. Tho I may see if I can make a reaction that calls for a cursed doll and creates a Doll creature as a product. battlecraft made it possible to use a flute to summon pet rats, tho i haven't the foggiest idea of whether I can make the doll creatures the same way.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 20, 2012, 08:28:16 pm »

Yeah, I know :P But its now finished, and I'm working out how adventure mode shall turn out. I think I may keep it to where you use the Doll Maker's curse to turn creatures and corpses into doll items, and then use those in reactions or just sell them for coin. Tho I may see if I can make a reaction that calls for a cursed doll and creates a Doll creature as a product. battlecraft made it possible to use a flute to summon pet rats, tho i haven't the foggiest idea of whether I can make the doll creatures the same way.
There is a complex way, meph and narhiril use it. As do I, but im still trying to iron out the kinks in it. But they use it for "friendly" guardians, I use it for a creature that has to power to make minions to continuosly attack you.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 20, 2012, 08:38:05 pm »

There is a complex way, meph and narhiril use it. As do I, but im still trying to iron out the kinks in it. But they use it for "friendly" guardians, I use it for a creature that has to power to make minions to continuosly attack you.

Wonder if i make them in adventure mode will they count as companions and follow me around or just follow me around until I fast travel and then disappear?

On an unrelated note: Do goblins normally move into towns occupied by dwarfs and Amazonians(my human secondaries)? Cause I found two so far in town...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 20, 2012, 08:40:18 pm »

Yeah, that's normal.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 20, 2012, 08:41:09 pm »

You might be able to talk to them and get them to join you, never tried adv mode with that.

Also they could be goblin prisoners, somepeople even had Goblin outpost liasions. Because the prisoner got auto selected to fill the dead liaison's place.

If you want to know how to do the "spawning" pm me about it cause it is a lengthy explain.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 20, 2012, 08:42:05 pm »

Is it at all possible ot make a civ perpetually hostile without the thief or snatcher tags? I'm looking to make a race of pillagers, but thieves and snatchers don't really fit with the theme in any capacity. Would ethics render them almost perpetually at war if that is otherwise impossible?

My plan is to make them a later game threat, attacking a sufficently wealthy fortress, but otherwise not bothering it until then.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1649 on: May 20, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »

High trigger numbers in the entity file (5 is max) and give them UTTERANCES. This will also lead to them having no actual names, but only gibberish, like kobolds do... but it is the only way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 544