Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999542 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1650 on: May 20, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »

Is it at all possible ot make a civ perpetually hostile without the thief or snatcher tags? I'm looking to make a race of pillagers, but thieves and snatchers don't really fit with the theme in any capacity. Would ethics render them almost perpetually at war if that is otherwise impossible?

My plan is to make them a later game threat, attacking a sufficently wealthy fortress, but otherwise not bothering it until then.

Ninja'd by meph, Yes a civ that lacks any creatures/castes capable of speech are at war with everyone due to not being able to speak with the diplomats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 20, 2012, 08:50:35 pm »

Damn... Oh well, I guess i'll have to make it fit somehow...

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 20, 2012, 08:55:23 pm »

@Putnam
@Hugo_The_Dwarf

Ah, makes sense then. these have jobs and give out quests, whichI though was weird since I've seen the prisoners before.

-off topic- hi meph

EDIT: Adventure mode works! even if you turn quest creature( we will name it Urist McKillMe) into a dead doll which then dies and leaves a doll. it still considers Urist McKillMe in your kill area so the quest will be valid to turn in. if anyone wants the mod so far i'll be happy to include it here or make a forum post for it. this was of course possible all due to Hugo_The_Dwarf and friends. geez, Am I excited about this  :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:22:21 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 21, 2012, 02:49:25 am »

Splint try the ethics first. Check that everything is opposed to dwarfs - i think it will pretty surely make them hostile with really high probability of war. Especially cannibalism:)

MHpersonalDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 21, 2012, 08:29:18 am »

What's the game time for a year, or any smaller amount of time (days, "weeks", months (30 days)) specifically to be used in a syndrome?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 21, 2012, 08:33:29 am »

What's the game time for a year, or any smaller amount of time (days, "weeks", months (30 days)) specifically to be used in a syndrome?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Time

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:56 am »

This question was answered before, but I lost it... Does a creature need a baby or a child to breed.
As in do I need BABY/GENERAL_BABY or CHILD/GENERAL_CHILD?
EDIT: probably found the answer.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:12:13 am by Revanchist »
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:44 am »

This question was answered before, but I lost it... Does a creature need a baby or a child to breed.
As in do I need BABY/GENERAL_BABY or CHILD/GENERAL_CHILD?
EDIT: probably found the answer.
The entire creature or all castes need at least "one" BABY or CHILD tag you can have both for baby->chikd->adult. Also IMMOBILE stops a creature from breeding in fortress mode but not worldgen

GENRAL_XXXX is just a name for the child, just changes the ending. So instead of "creature has given birth to a creature child" it would be "given birth to a creature <GENERAL_XXXX>"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:12 am »

Morning! I have new questions :P :

1. So while looking over the interaction tokens I saw MORTAL as a valid value with IT_REQUIRES. So does this mean immortality is obtainable in DF or is it just referring to supernatural stuff??

2. I am a big fan of dullahans, but I haven't been able to recreate them. Any idea's on how to do it?

3.I'm planning on making a new interaction to give a creature that ingests the target item the ability to fly incredible healing rates and wings. I somewhat have figured out the first two, but how do I do add wings?

"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 21, 2012, 11:05:59 am »

I've heard you can make a separate caste with the wings,  but you probably want something else.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 21, 2012, 11:08:06 am »

mortal i think is any creature that lacks SUPERNATURAL, NO_AGING, NOT_LIVING tags. Someone correct me as I've just pulled these out of a hat.

Tricky, depends on how you want them into being (had to google them)

You can't add the ability to fly, and I have no idea if transforming into a flying creature does that. If that works then simply have another caste of every creature with a very low pop_ratio "1" and the standard ones have a high pop_ratio "500000" that will stop fliers from occuring naturally.

the flier caste can have wings so transforming automatically gives all the desired effects (if transforming to a flying creature gives the ability to fly)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:08 am »

mortal i think is any creature that lacks SUPERNATURAL, NO_AGING, NOT_LIVING tags. Someone correct me as I've just pulled these out of a hat.

Tricky, depends on how you want them into being (had to google them)

You can't add the ability to fly, and I have no idea if transforming into a flying creature does that. If that works then simply have another caste of every creature with a very low pop_ratio "1" and the standard ones have a high pop_ratio "500000" that will stop fliers from occuring naturally.

the flier caste can have wings so transforming automatically gives all the desired effects (if transforming to a flying creature gives the ability to fly)

I think a creature needs [FLIER] to be able to fly even if it has wings, but im not sure. As for Dullahans, they would have to be able to lose their head with out it either part dying which i dont think is possible, and the body has to be able to take hit after hit after hit with out dying, and if the head is struck down then the body would have to die as well, since that is how DnD Dullahans die i believe(may have to get my books out and check). I want to make Dullahans, and have a diety that will curse a person to become one to protect the innocent, but i may just be having an ambitous idea :P

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:37 am »

High trigger numbers in the entity file (5 is max) and give them UTTERANCES. This will also lead to them having no actual names, but only gibberish, like kobolds do... but it is the only way.

Well, "Dilinkudis the pillager on 567" still sounds less broken than "a pillager the pillager" in the unit kill list/engravings text  ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 21, 2012, 11:33:48 am »

[FLIER] tag can't be added through syndromes, that is why I suggested a caste of the creature that has the tag lol.

and dullahans would simply just have to have the brain as a kill switch, making only a head shot kill it. Blood can be never ending as I found when you use a external material for blood (seems only LOCAL materials can run out, which causes bleeding to death)

The curse might be duable, I've heard a few modders have already made "friendly" curses.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:06 am »

[FLIER] tag can't be added through syndromes, that is why I suggested a caste of the creature that has the tag lol.

and dullahans would simply just have to have the brain as a kill switch, making only a head shot kill it. Blood can be never ending as I found when you use a external material for blood (seems only LOCAL materials can run out, which causes bleeding to death)

The curse might be duable, I've heard a few modders have already made "friendly" curses.

Hmm, so on the flier subject: If I were to make an angel race, and give it the descriptors for say only beautiful looks, make it an only female race, and make an interaction that when ingested turns a human,dwarf, elf, or my amazonians into these angels. would when they turn, would the angels discriptors show up or would the orginal creatures be prevalent? also, will i be able to limit the interaction to only target females?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 544