Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002120 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1680 on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »

Learning it = hard
but once done you feel like a god

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 22, 2012, 12:40:21 pm »

Is it possible to make a backpack like item that, no matter how many items are put into it, it doesnt get heavier, but can only accept certain items?

EDIT: Solved my problem

SECOND EDIT: New question, Can you put a liquid, say helmet snake venom, into a quiver with arrows or bolts in it, and have the venom coat the arrows or bolts?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:52:31 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 22, 2012, 02:28:38 pm »

Technically, once a modder has learned the ropes though, couldn't they just add a symbol that casts them as a god? Or a creature that literally can't be killed and is 4 times as large the Earth. Basically, we dwarf Armok as a god.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 22, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »

Technically, once a modder has learned the ropes though, couldn't they just add a symbol that casts them as a god? Or a creature that literally can't be killed and is 4 times as large the Earth. Basically, we dwarf Armok as a god.

I am now going to use my modding break time to see if i can put everyone here as a choice of diety. I believe i will fail at this but for the cause of !!science!! i shall try

EDIT: I thnk its plausible because creatures can have the [POWER] symbol which lets them act as deities.
EDIT II: With the [SPHERE:sphere name] you can set what sphere its worshipped with. throw on the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag and you have an insta-god. I assume anyways.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:54:29 pm by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 22, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »

If your accepting requests, I'm not the most insane modder here. yet.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 22, 2012, 02:55:56 pm »

If your accepting requests, I'm not the most insane modder here. yet.

hehe, im currently stumped on some reactions im making for the mod im helping with, so I'll try to whip something up. I wont add any descriptors for times sake, but I'll see what i can do

EDIT: I'll admit, my brain isnt working hard right now lol. I'm by far not the most talented modder either.
EDIT II: Here is the test code
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT III: haha, Seems no creature wants to worship my creature. ive tested 2 worlds and no one worshiped it lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:21:45 pm by Sanure »

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 22, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »

Its ok for creature to have more than one [CREATURE_CLASS:???] tags without causing any problems or weird behavior?
Also, anyone tried how civs with more than one monarch behave? (Meaning specificaly giving [NUMBER:2] or more, to the monarch position)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:56:23 pm by Arek »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 22, 2012, 04:52:48 pm »

Its ok for creature to have more than one [CREATURE_CLASS:???] tags without causing any problems or weird behavior?
Also, anyone tried how civs with more than one monarch behave? (Meaning specificaly giving [NUMBER:2] or more, to the monarch position)

You can have as many CREATURE_CLASSes on a creature, just like you can have as many REACTION_CLASSes on material. think of them as bookmarks

I did, I had 9. It simply gives them Number:X amount of rulers at once kinda cool.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 22, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

That'll be useful if I decide to civilize my custom race. 6 sub-leaders might be a chore to exterminate.
Also, do Aligators make good pets? Or fighters?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:17:27 pm by Revanchist »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 22, 2012, 05:18:12 pm »

Also, do Aligators make good pets? Or fighters?
Both, I'd say

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:52 pm »

I did, I had 9. It simply gives them Number:X amount of rulers at once kinda cool.

Yeah, I have that for my SCP mod. 13 rulers--O5s are what they're called.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 22, 2012, 05:44:15 pm »

I am now going to use my modding break time to see if i can put everyone here as a choice of diety. I believe i will fail at this but for the cause of !!science!! i shall try

EDIT: I thnk its plausible because creatures can have the [POWER] symbol which lets them act as deities.
EDIT II: With the [SPHERE:sphere name] you can set what sphere its worshipped with. throw on the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag and you have an insta-god. I assume anyways.

Power is more of a behavioral tag, makes them settle in a civ, it needs intelligent or can speak to demand worship, so it actually needs to exist.  I tried using power with non-existant creatures some versions back,  I had about a thousand, none of them were worshipped.

hehe, im currently stumped on some reactions im making for the mod im helping with, so I'll try to whip something up. I wont add any descriptors for times sake, but I'll see what i can do

EDIT: I'll admit, my brain isnt working hard right now lol. I'm by far not the most talented modder either.
EDIT II: Here is the test code
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select][CREATURE:SANURE]
   [NAME:sanure:sanure:sanure]
   [DESCRIPTION:A mad being who wonders aimlessly.Enjoys torture, treachery, trickery, and Kobolds]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'S'][COLOR:7:0:1]
   [FANCIFUL]
   [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
   [POWER]
   [SPHERE:TRICKERY]
   [SPHERE:TREACHERY]
   [SPHERE:TORTURE]
   [SPHERE:SUICIDE]
   [PREFSTRING:madness]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [CASTE:MALE]

EDIT III: haha, Seems no creature wants to worship my creature. ive tested 2 worlds and no one worshiped it lol

You may want to remove the does not exist, and add some creature parts/materials/tissues from a megabeast or a demon.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:51:19 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 22, 2012, 09:36:24 pm »

QUESTION: Currently, is it possible to create nomadic creatures/ wandering bandits like those subterranean bat/reptile/serpent/etc men upland among us...you know, lightly armed and clothed, small camps, the works. Or is it still limited underground? Will new entities added in/upgraded simply exists but still be very naked (or even disappear completely or other odd turn abouts).

I just want more small yet intelligent guys wanting to kill/bug me. Also I just feel like making Tigermen a more civilized wandering tribe.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:39:45 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 22, 2012, 10:11:31 pm »

QUESTION: Currently, is it possible to create nomadic creatures/ wandering bandits like those subterranean bat/reptile/serpent/etc men upland among us...you know, lightly armed and clothed, small camps, the works. Or is it still limited underground? Will new entities added in/upgraded simply exists but still be very naked (or even disappear completely or other odd turn abouts).

I just want more small yet intelligent guys wanting to kill/bug me. Also I just feel like making Tigermen a more civilized wandering tribe.
Really high banditry, and live in caves?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 22, 2012, 11:02:59 pm »

Quote from: Hugo_The_Dwarf
Really high banditry, and live in caves?
Ehrm...more armed & armored/clothed monsters & mobs. Basically like Sandraiders in the deserts...they don't really have a "proper" civ or site (like normal animals) kinda like small nomadic hostile tribes. They have weapons to take out animals around them or shoot at you for looking at them funny and wander around their "territory".

But I guess for now they need an actual hometown to produce those breatsplates and arrows...oh well...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 544