Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999435 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1695 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:54 pm »

No, they don't. They just need the armor defined in their raws.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:39 am »

How difficult would it be for a modder to make nobles play by different rules from everyone else in combat?  Able to keep up with weapon users while wrestling, cause Mayor Urist McHaggar does not negotiate with terrorists.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 23, 2012, 08:14:27 am »

How difficult would it be for a modder to make nobles play by different rules from everyone else in combat?  Able to keep up with weapon users while wrestling, cause Mayor Urist McHaggar does not negotiate with terrorists.

Impossible.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:21 am »

Is all of that hard coded, then?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 23, 2012, 08:49:54 am »

No, see here for everything that is currently possible with nobles.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 23, 2012, 03:45:51 pm »

I think I might have made my custom creature too hardcore. They'll come slaughter my dwarves with impunity.  I should make them a civ, give myself an adventurer and roam the countryside with the name... fluffy the cute!
They are dying more in arena though, not sure why...
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 24, 2012, 02:11:26 am »

Please, will someone give me a link to a dfhack and Dwarf Therapist version that works with 34.09? Or 34.10, if it's save-compatible with 09, sooner or later I'll find out how to update genesis .09 to .10 without corrupting it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 24, 2012, 08:21:26 am »

Please, will someone give me a link to a dfhack and Dwarf Therapist version that works with 34.09? Or 34.10, if it's save-compatible with 09, sooner or later I'll find out how to update genesis .09 to .10 without corrupting it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.0

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 24, 2012, 10:06:51 am »

This question was answered before, but I lost it... Does a creature need a baby or a child to breed.
As in do I need BABY/GENERAL_BABY or CHILD/GENERAL_CHILD?
EDIT: probably found the answer.
The entire creature or all castes need at least "one" BABY or CHILD tag you can have both for baby->chikd->adult. Also IMMOBILE stops a creature from breeding in fortress mode but not worldgen

GENRAL_XXXX is just a name for the child, just changes the ending. So instead of "creature has given birth to a creature child" it would be "given birth to a creature <GENERAL_XXXX>"
So, am I correct to assume that if I wanted to create, say, a syndrome that causes sterility,
Code: [Select]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:BABY:START:10]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:CHILD:START:10]
would do the trick?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1704 on: May 24, 2012, 10:10:06 am »

This question was answered before, but I lost it... Does a creature need a baby or a child to breed.
As in do I need BABY/GENERAL_BABY or CHILD/GENERAL_CHILD?
EDIT: probably found the answer.
The entire creature or all castes need at least "one" BABY or CHILD tag you can have both for baby->chikd->adult. Also IMMOBILE stops a creature from breeding in fortress mode but not worldgen

GENRAL_XXXX is just a name for the child, just changes the ending. So instead of "creature has given birth to a creature child" it would be "given birth to a creature <GENERAL_XXXX>"
So, am I correct to assume that if I wanted to create, say, a syndrome that causes sterility,
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:BABY:START:10]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:CHILD:START:10]
would do the trick?
Acually there is a Syndrome only tag called STERILE

[CE_ADD_TAG:STERILE:START:0:END:2048]

this is an interaction I use in Project Clockwerk
[INTERACTION:BP_BUMP_AUTO_SHUT_BREEDER_DOWN] --- Shuts Breeders, breeding for 2 days
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_BP]
[I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:creature]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:BREEDER] --- targets only Breeders
[I_EFFECT:CONTACT]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:B]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Breeding off]
      [SYNDROME]
             [SYN_NAME:shut off]
      [CE_ADD_TAG:STERILE:START:0:END:2048]
      [CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:'X':4:0:1:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0:END:2048] --- to let you know if it's turned off

Oddly enough STERILE cannot be placed on a creature, but can be added through a syndrome. Weird huh?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 24, 2012, 10:56:49 am »

Oddly enough STERILE cannot be placed on a creature, but can be added through a syndrome. Weird huh?
Okay, so that's why the Wiki doesn't list it under Creature tags.
Somewhat confusing.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 24, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »

I think I'll just speculate on what I said...
When I said we dwarf Armok, I realized that we also act like Epimetheus, although we have a much more... humorous method, involving the dwarves favourite pastime. So, to recap, we dwarf not only Armok, but several classical deities as well.
Modding is fun.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 24, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »

Probably tired of my comments, but do we know any other sites but these:
Cave
Cave_Detailed
City
Dark_Fortress
Tree_City
and the wiki said something about Player_Fortress and Fortress, but said they may not work. I just wanted to know if we're aware of less ordinary different sites.
On a side note, do you think that custom design styles are on Toady's list; as in being able to define buildings, forts, whateverwewants like we can the arena? I just thought of that actually...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 24, 2012, 06:22:08 pm »

I think TOWER is also one

A question: if I were to only ask for 1 bar--not 150, 1--would it make 150 product or would it just take 1 from the bar?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 24, 2012, 06:29:32 pm »

I think TOWER is also one

A question: if I were to only ask for 1 bar--not 150, 1--would it make 150 product or would it just take 1 from the bar?

Not sure of this question, but if you mean with reactions, then it depends.. If it the input is 150 and the output is 150, and you change the input to 1 then yes, the product would be 150. but I'm not sure if this is the answer you need or if it answered you...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 544