Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002146 times)

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1755 on: May 26, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »

I added the tags, doing serious testing in a while. Just found however, that looking at the creature caused it to say "she is gigantic" as normal.
Checked again and it said "She is gigantic. She is gigantic." As I said, dwarven science will commence later.

Urist McRevan cancels !!Science!!. Watching Alien.
Urist McRevan sees Alien as Ripley goes to escape Nostromo.
Urist McRevan stares disbelievingly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:20:39 pm by Revanchist »
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25:46 am »

Is there anything modable related to wheelbarrows and minecarts, or is it all hardcoded? I'm thinking about track related things, but anything at all would be a good sign.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 27, 2012, 12:32:56 am »

Is there anything modable related to wheelbarrows and minecarts, or is it all hardcoded? I'm thinking about track related things, but anything at all would be a good sign.

Nope, all 100% moddable. Wheelbarrows have [TOOL_USE:HEAVY_OBJECT_HAULING] while minecarts have [TOOL_USE:TRACK_CART]. Any other object that has those will be used the same way.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 27, 2012, 03:35:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dont see anything wrong with this but my woodcutters and miners will not pickup the stuff.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1759 on: May 27, 2012, 06:42:08 am »

Is it possible to make an interaction where you, from six (example) tiles away can make a foe's lung get nercrosis / bleed / bruising ?

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 27, 2012, 09:27:46 am »

Probably wrong but [CE_INTERACTION_RANGE:6]
Or find it here http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Interaction_token where you'll find everything you need about Interactions.
EDIT: maybe
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION]
[TARGET:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[TARGET_RANGE:6] not sure about this line
[WAIT_PERIOD:10] wait 10 time units?
other tokens will be needed for actual damage, targeting, etc.
Disclaimer: Revanchist is not responsible for any errors, glitches or problems caused by "advice". Use at own risk.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:37:21 am by Revanchist »
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1761 on: May 27, 2012, 11:57:39 am »

I dont see anything wrong with this but my woodcutters and miners will not pickup the stuff.
Their bodysize is too small, Picks and Axes are too big, Look at teh weapons and see waht their MIN_SIZE is and increase their size to or bigger then it. Or make new picks and axes for them

@ Dbuhos
Yes
the effect would be [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME] and then look at how syndromes are made

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 27, 2012, 01:43:02 pm »

Their bodysize is too small, Picks and Axes are too big, Look at teh weapons and see waht their MIN_SIZE is and increase their size to or bigger then it. Or make new picks and axes for them

@ Dbuhos
Yes
the effect would be [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME] and then look at how syndromes are made

Ohh Thanks hugo! Thats funny that there so small that they cant pick them up :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 27, 2012, 01:56:47 pm »

no problem, if things have troubling picking weapons up check:

1. has a bodypart with GRASP tags
2. has the EQUIPS tag
3. is large enough to pick up the weapon

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 27, 2012, 03:58:58 pm »

...gee, I ask a lot of questions.

Anyways, a few questions about containers, liquids, and gasses.
  • What file should I make my liquid under, and how would I make it asides from the mat file?
  • Is it possible to make a container that can only store certain liquids?
  • Where would I make said container?
  • Are containers effectively sealing out what is inside them from the outside temperature and environment? (IE: if I put a liquid that turns to a gas at low temperatures, will it be safe as a liquid inside?
  • Can I store gasses in containers?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:03:39 pm by NotErich »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 27, 2012, 04:06:54 pm »

...gee, I ask a lot of questions.

Anyways, a few questions about containers, liquids, and gasses.
  • What file should I make my liquid under, and how would I make it asides from the mat file?
  • Is it possible to make a container that can only store certain liquids?
  • Where would I make said container?
  • Are containers effectively sealing out what is inside them from the outside temperature and environment? (IE: if I put a liquid that turns to a gas at low temperatures, will it be safe as a liquid inside?
  • Can I store gasses in containers?

1. INORGANIC, a CREATURE, or a PLANT
2. Not really, but you can make it a LIQUID_CONTAINER like JUGs so booze and food are not stored in it normally
3. item_tool.txt
4. Depends if the "CONTAINER"s material has a low FIXED_TEMP so it's always cold, and will keep whatever inside chilled
5. No Gas always excapes.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 27, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »

Okay, thanks. I'll have to make some proxy item_tools and item_inorganic_others.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:19 pm »

I apologize for the double post, but the thread has been somewhat inactive.

Is the "power" system devised beyond the raws? And it as at least tap-able? And to a more relevant question, is there any way of emulating it. (I want to devise a sense of electricity as much as power is mechanical energy, which is seperate from DF "power", of course).

Another potential option for me emulating "electricity", and perhaps more fitting to my mod's canon, is do it the way Tesla envisioned, with a Wardenclyffe Tower, if I can make certain buildings require a building being built as a precursor.

Any answers will be appreciated, and feedback to my intents would also be appreciated.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »

Nope.

For my science mod, I have batteries made at the millstone. That's the closest that I can get to, so far as I know.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 02, 2012, 09:38:45 pm »

ninja'd by Putnam. I was gonna suggest batteries as a reagent to any jobs done at your "power'd" buildings.

Or a required object is made at the "Tower" that is needed to build said new buildings. "Battery Case? Fuse box?"
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 544