Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002382 times)

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1980 on: June 26, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »

Question (sorry for double post)

does [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:WATER:NONE] make water count as booze or is it
   [ALCOHOL_PLANT]
   [ALCOHOL_CREATURE]

that make the material a "booze" item, I found a way finally to make water drinkable in the above product line. But I want this to be last resort, cut off from all booze but water is needed baddly situation. And I don't want it to be a BOOZE subsitute for dwarves. Aka they still want booze, not barreled water.

That's a good question.  Does being a DRINK item make it booze, or the ALCOHOL tag?  The [ALCOHOL_PLANT/CREATURE] most likely also affect stockpiling.  I think the best way to find out would be to have a fort with only your DRINK water, and then see if the dwarves start to express the booze related thoughts.  If they stay sated then your water is mostly likely counting as booze.

I have my own question.  Is there a way to designate a metal that it cannot be melted/recycled at the smelter?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 26, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »

It must not be tagged as a metal. You can give it the physical properties of metal, but not give it any metal tags.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1982 on: June 26, 2012, 03:57:15 pm »

Yea I have a few more tweaks to my mod before I can do a long term test. I can embark with 7 barrels of booze, and make a few barrels of water. If the dwarves prefer to grab the booze barrels out of all the water ones. Then it is the ALCOHOL_XXXX tags

And what Hugo said about the un meltable metal. it is the [METAL] tag on the material that flags it as meltable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 26, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »

Question, is it at all possible to edit the announcements?

Second: I am attempting to mod a winnged war race in, but instead of the positions I've given them, I'm getting Elven positions. Elf. Elf. And To add to the meanness, Somehow the gremlins have formed societies which use my titles and positions. I Have tried moving things, and ensuring that gremlins are gremlins while elves are elves and so on, but still.
The creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Entity:
As you can see, they're essentially modified humans for now, until I get the hang of creature data, entity is also heavily based on human and dwarf, although I was more comfortable there making changes, superficial changes, but still. I still don't know how my changes were super-imposed onto gremlins
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »

It depends on the announcement.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 26, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »

Sieges. Also, can trolls normally have civs?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »

Sieges? No. They're in files that, while you can edit them, you can't add anything to them. Trolls don't have civs by default, but, this being the modding forum...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:07 pm »

Sieges? No. They're in files that, while you can edit them, you can't add anything to them. Trolls don't have civs by default, but, this being the modding forum...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 26, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »

If they don't i'm trying to figure out where I gave everything sentience appearantly. And n, I'm not trying to mod actual sieges, just the circumstances of them, and maybe the announcements.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:03 pm »

Ok time for a fun question.

I'm in the middle of attempting an experiement and I want to know if anyone has been successful in this.

I'm trying to make a necromancer from out of a creature. Mainly because my goal is to create a 1 of a kind necromancer. One that will have their own necromancer abilties and then eventually spread their influence among others.

As far as I can tell the basic files show how to make it work with an entity. But I want to make it work with just one creature that isn't part of the entity.

If there's anyway this is achivable, please let me know...
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: June 28, 2012, 02:39:56 pm »

Could you guys look at this and check where did I get something wrong?

I did a similar reaction and plant, and that one worked - the only difference was that instead of pressing leaves, the collected plant itself was pressed (different plant, olives for olive oil)
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 28, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »

Your reaction looks for leaves, but not leaves in bags.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: June 28, 2012, 03:27:13 pm »

How do I make it look for bags with leaves in them?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 28, 2012, 03:29:53 pm »

I'm trying to make a necromancer from out of a creature. Mainly because my goal is to create a 1 of a kind necromancer. One that will have their own necromancer abilties and then eventually spread their influence among others.
For enabling necromancer-ism on creatures I believe all that you would need to do would be to give them a syndrome with CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION and then enabling the "raise dead" interaction.

How do I make it look for bags with leaves in them?
IIRC you need to add the bag as a reagent with the [PRESERVE_REAGENT], [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT], and [CONTAINS:X] (X being the leaf reagent identifier) tokens.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 28, 2012, 03:36:35 pm »

[REAGENT:leaves container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:leaves] --- your reagents ID
      [NOT_IMPROVED]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]