Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999368 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2010 on: June 30, 2012, 04:10:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure that preffered length maintenance is entity-level, not position-level, but yeah, I had an entire civ of military haircuts for the enclave civ I made for a 31.25 update to Deon's wasteland

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2011 on: June 30, 2012, 04:19:55 pm »

They do show up in the ENTITY TOKENs page in the wiki, but the dwarven FORCED_ADMISTRATOR guy has them in his position? Maybe they are a Enities = to a Creature's Caste level tag? you can say make the entire civ have clean shaven heads, but only nobles can have hair?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 30, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »

They do show up in the ENTITY TOKENs page in the wiki, but the dwarven FORCED_ADMISTRATOR guy has them in his position? Maybe they are a Enities = to a Creature's Caste level tag? you can say make the entire civ have clean shaven heads, but only nobles can have hair?

Are you sure that it's actually FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR? It could just as easily be some formatting oddities, with the token actually just applying the the whole entity (since whitespaces don't actually do anything in raws)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »

Are you sure that it's actually FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR? It could just as easily be some formatting oddities, with the token actually just applying the the whole entity (since whitespaces don't actually do anything in raws)

Acually I believe you are 100% correct, I added in some new Nobles after:
Code: [Select]
[POSITION:FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR]
[NAME:administrator:administrators]
[CONQUERED_SITE]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[COLOR:5:0:0]
[MANDATE_MAX:2]
[DEMAND_MAX:3]
[PRECEDENCE:65]
[NUMBER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:HAIR]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_HAIR_SHAPINGS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:SIDEBURNS]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_SIDEBURNS_SHAPINGS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:MOUSTACHE]
[TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:100:NONE]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_MOUSTACHE_SHAPINGS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:BEARD]
[TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:100:NONE]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_BEARD_SHAPINGS]
So I got confused and assumed they were apart of that noble. But the tab order suggests otherwise.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 01, 2012, 03:54:02 am »

Been working on something recently, and was wondering is it possible to make an item that when used heals wounds, mends broken bones, and such damage that is done to a being?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 01, 2012, 03:55:40 am »

Define "used".

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 01, 2012, 03:58:18 am »

Define "used".
Drank, or ate. My other option was for it to be used when they were incapacitated in the hospital if either of those aren't possible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 01, 2012, 04:01:09 am »

Drank or ate? Most certainly. Just add an ingested syndrome that transforms them for a frame (will remove all clothes and drop all equipment! Look out!). The second thing… no.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 01, 2012, 04:02:37 am »

Drank or ate? Most certainly. Just add an ingested syndrome that transforms them for a frame (will remove all clothes and drop all equipment! Look out!). The second thing… no.
My first idea works, wonderful :)

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 01, 2012, 01:12:33 pm »

I'm trying the Gun type ranged weapons that provided with Masterworks mod and a sudden idea come to me...

Can we adjust ranged weapon 'rate of fire' (but not using weapon weight/size) so they can fire several times... This not only applicable on rifle but also for crossbow (repeating crossbow anyone?)... I think it can make defending siege more easier or harder...

Also did anyone had succeed creating medieval cannon (like the one we ussually see on castle rampart) that function like ballista or catapult (operated and created by siegedwarf) or siege engine is still hardcoded and not yet open for modding?
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:50 pm »

I'm trying the Gun type ranged weapons that provided with Masterworks mod and a sudden idea come to me...

Can we adjust ranged weapon 'rate of fire' (but not using weapon weight/size) so they can fire several times... This not only applicable on rifle but also for crossbow (repeating crossbow anyone?)... I think it can make defending siege more easier or harder...

Also did anyone had succeed creating medieval cannon (like the one we ussually see on castle rampart) that function like ballista or catapult (operated and created by siegedwarf) or siege engine is still hardcoded and not yet open for modding?
RoF for ranged weapons is based on teh shoot force and volocity but upping those make it more dangerous. And the speed of the user.

The cannon idea I am working on. It will have to be a creature tho. SO it's not a building. My workaround will be skechy at best, and will require alot of fine tuning

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 01, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

P. sure velocity is the only thing that affects fire speed.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 01, 2012, 01:52:51 pm »

Well only one projectile from a ranged weapon is allowed right?
Also if the creature is very fast, it has a better chance to fire another round as soon as the last one is gone.

Or has this changed?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 01, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »

Well only one projectile from a ranged weapon is allowed right?
Also if the creature is very fast, it has a better chance to fire another round as soon as the last one is gone.b

Or has this changed?
Yes, this is all correct. That's why velocity should be the only one.

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

Yes, this is all correct. That's why velocity should be the only one.

Well it means no machine crossbowing dorf...... I like to see how goblin wave (not human wave) attack from trenches vaiantly trying to break a dorf 'crossbow pillboxes'... Hey! We could turn DF into a WWI simulator... :P

Btw... Speaking about goblin waves, what entity token that we must change to allow greater siege...   
Code: [Select]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:2]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:2]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:2]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]
I know this not the one and not in the other token too... Maybe [SIEGER] from human civs???
My current fortress with 150 pop only got a modest 60 goblin siege with some 30 trolls that easily got screwed by traps, bolts and 'magma'... Before I trying extra fortress defence races... I wish to see a goblin siege numbering 200-300 goblin (screw FPS...)... It must be *FUN* to end my fortress this way... (aw... I forget... if you change entity token you need to reworldgen... dohh...)

RoF for ranged weapons is based on teh shoot force and volocity but upping those make it more dangerous. And the speed of the user.

The cannon idea I am working on. It will have to be a creature tho. SO it's not a building. My workaround will be skechy at best, and will require alot of fine tuning

Woooo... Can't wait too see it... Creature cannon... Seems very interesting indeed...
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 544