Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002206 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2055 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:18 pm »

I thought [CRAZED] was the same as BERSERK failed moods. Kill anything in sight.

you can have the centipede be NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and those tags are added to the transformies.

Qwaar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: July 02, 2012, 11:46:02 pm »

Will that clear hostilities though? Necromancers use dead targets to apply effects like that, so for all I know when something dies it ceases to have allegiances. At least I think I'm getting closer on the egg thing.

Would it work if I have all the centipede traits in the female caste, then have the egg cast be its own caste using a different body rubric (one that looks eerily like an egg) and the eggs have a spell they caste on themselves that sets a timer to change into a centipede, with that one tag that keeps it from applying the syndrome to something that already has the syndrome?

Once again though, I worry, as every single time I have used the transformation syndrome tags the game just forgets that creature exists. It wont show up in arena or anything.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »

I thought [CRAZED] was the same as BERSERK failed moods. Kill anything in sight.

you can have the centipede be NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and those tags are added to the transformies.
[NOT_LIVING] has some side-effects, though, and [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] does as well. Trust me, I've done many tests with the [CRAZED] tag. It's kill everything that's not a [CRAZED] member of your own species.  If something turns you into one of it's own and you both have [CRAZED], it will immediately stop attacking you. That is why werebeasts of the same kind don't attack each other. Other kinds of werebeasts and husks, yeah, but when transformed they won't attack each other.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:31 am »

Interesting to know. Now I can make a another hostile faction for my mod...

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:54 am »

Fun question of today since I realize I must know this in order to save time....

when it comes to were beast transformations.... or transformations of any kind...

Is there any way to say make a creature in a child form transform into a child form of another creature and turn back and then when in adult form transform into adult form of said creature?

Or does it always just transform into the adult form of said transformed monster? Cause I hear alot of things alter with transformations and such.

This one is kind of vital since I'm trying to determine if I should go forward with the experiment or take it in a different direction.

Edit: Found out they do maintain thier age and apperance... so all is good I guess.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:39:24 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2060 on: July 03, 2012, 10:52:57 am »

Will that clear hostilities though? Necromancers use dead targets to apply effects like that, so for all I know when something dies it ceases to have allegiances. At least I think I'm getting closer on the egg thing.

Would it work if I have all the centipede traits in the female caste, then have the egg cast be its own caste using a different body rubric (one that looks eerily like an egg) and the eggs have a spell they caste on themselves that sets a timer to change into a centipede, with that one tag that keeps it from applying the syndrome to something that already has the syndrome?

Once again though, I worry, as every single time I have used the transformation syndrome tags the game just forgets that creature exists. It wont show up in arena or anything.

This should work, but you don't need the eggs to transform themselves.  You could simply give the initial syndrome two transformations: one temporary one that turns them into the egg caste, and one permanent one (which starts at any point after the egg transformation starts but before it ends) that turns them into the female caste.  Once the egg transformation timer runs out, they'll turn straight into the female caste.

Qwaar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:33 pm »

temporary? oh dear..... I seem to lack some knowledge. Can you point me to an example of a working raw of each so I can see what does what?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: July 03, 2012, 12:22:21 pm »

For temporary transformations, all you need is END:X.

Also, transformed creatures can't transform, so you'll have to begin the second one with START after the first one ENDs.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 03, 2012, 12:23:55 pm »

Edit: Found out they do maintain thier age and apperance... so all is good I guess.
Here is a fun fact, transform a creature with different CHILD:X tags and even MAXAGE tags sometimes you will see RAPID aging.

I still havent pin pointed which one does it, but i will find out when i have time for science

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 03, 2012, 12:56:43 pm »

Like if you turn a human into a cave dragon, the human has [CHILD:12] and the dragon [CHILD:1000], but the human still turns into an adult cave dragon?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 03, 2012, 01:05:14 pm »

the Human might age to a percentage of that, depending on the current age

a 6 year old humans with a CHILD:12 turning into a dragon with CHILD:1000

will probally rapidly age to 500 years, which means that the day it was born will be in the past.

But I don't know what would happen if the human reverted back.

I know with my tests of rapid aging was done a few months ago with puppies that turned into dwarves once born. Some where 11 years old, others were 6, and thier birthdays were before they were born. It is crazy

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 03, 2012, 01:16:50 pm »

So if they're still a child, they turn into an equivalent child age in the other species?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 03, 2012, 01:30:01 pm »

I believe so, but San said in some of his tests he transformed into a custom creature called Avatar of Fire, and when he turned  back he had white hair :/ which I guess means he aged rapidly. This was with an adventurer.

Tests on this are very sketchy at best, since it almost seems to be random. Maybe this is why were-beasts have NO_AGING?

Human to a creature that had no MAXAGE aka immortal
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:31:39 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Qwaar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:31 pm »

well, shit, haven't even touched the centipede raws much before testing to see if they still spawn/existinarena and.... they don't. No error messages, nothing in the log, just the game saying no.

Is there a raw editing program that I can use that tells me in real time if the raw is still valid or not?

This is driving me up a wall.

edit: lovely, found a raw editor, and it does nothing but tell me that length cannot be less than zero, note I didn't touch that, and in checking the raw for length...... none are less than 90

edit2: Okay this is interesting, all my non-functioning monsters have that error with the editor. Further checking shows that most of the monsters in question are from 2010, with exception of my edit to a phoenix mob which was made from a raw from last month, but has the same error even unmodified. Now, finding no parameter corresponding to length with a even a small number, I'm at a loss here.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:45:07 pm by Qwaar »

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »

How would I go about allowing sentient creatures to be butchered in adventure mode?

Editing the ethics does not appear to affect the actual butchering process. Removing [Intelligent] does work, but it also ruins many gameplay elements including talking. I've heard adding [animal] tags etc do not work either. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 544