Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999378 times)

TTFTCUTS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2505 on: August 26, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »

Take a look here. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110027.msg3448023#msg3448023

Should be something you can use, maybe if you creature is small it needs longer tiddue length still to be usable, play around, try upping size, if that works then lower it again and try to find a compensator.
Thanks. It seems that adding a [RELSIZE:50] to the hair tissue solved it. Luckily I can keep the animal the intended ~5000 body size thanks to this.

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 27, 2012, 11:59:47 am »

I'm looking for ways to overhaul food production.  Is there a way to make a reaction that outputs a specific type of meal?  What's the right way to format the product line?  Will dwarves actually consider it food if it's created this way instead of the default kitchen?

I'd like to do something like this

[REACTION:BAKE_CAKE]
   [NAME:bake cake]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN_2:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:flour:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BREAD_MAT]
    [REAGENT:egg:1:EGG:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:EGG_MAT]
   [REAGENT:sugar:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SUGAR_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_CAKE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:flour:BREAD_MAT]
   [SKILL:COOK]

[REACTION:IMPROVE_CAKE]
   [NAME:improve cake]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN_2:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:cake:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_CAKE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BREAD_MAT]
   [REAGENT:frosting:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SUGAR_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_CAKE2:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:frosting:SUGAR_MAT]
   [SKILL:COOK]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:07:52 pm by Tigrath »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2507 on: August 27, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »

I'm looking for ways to overhaul food production.  Is there a way to make a reaction that outputs a specific type of meal?  What's the right way to format the product line?  Will dwarves actually consider it food if it's created this way instead of the default kitchen?
No custom Prepared Meals, I'm afraid. But you can have the reaction output a very expensive, ultra-rare (frequency 1 in good-savage-glacier) plant. That is named after a type of cake.
eg. my salt crystals that come from grinding Rock Salt boulders:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey folks, try putting these SOUNDS in all your civilizations' creatures. Makes adventure mode towns and companions more fun.
Code: [Select]
--sounds.. loudness/distance (squares), commonness (1000 for alarm, 10k peaceful).
[SOUND:ALERT:50:1200:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a warcry]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:45:80000:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a shout] --very rare but long-distance
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:25:180000:VOCALIZATION:ponder the futility of it all:looks very sad:insane gibbering in the distance] --very rare
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:20:27000:VOCALIZATION:sneeze:sneezes:a sneeze]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:7:25000:VOCALIZATION:burp:burps:a manly burp]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:7:18000:VOCALIZATION:spit:spits:somebody spitting]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:15:9500:VOCALIZATION:talk:talks:conversation]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:13:24000:VOCALIZATION:pray:prays:a prayer]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:4:16000:VOCALIZATION:sigh:sighs:a sigh] --shortest distance/loudness
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:16:17000:VOCALIZATION:swear:swears:somebody swearing]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:11:19000:VOCALIZATION:mutter:mutters:somebody muttering]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:8:18000:VOCALIZATION:grunt:grunts:a grunt]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:6:15000:VOCALIZATION:cough:coughs:a quiet cough]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:55:15 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 27, 2012, 01:14:13 pm »

No custom Prepared Meals, I'm afraid. But you can have the reaction output a very expensive, ultra-rare (frequency 1 in good-savage-glacier) plant. That is named after a type of cake.
Why even have it show up in the wild? It is perfectly possible to make a plant without any biome tokens at all and the game will still allow you to create it out of reactions.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 27, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

eg. my salt crystals that come from grinding Rock Salt boulders:

I think I can work with that.  Thanks guys!

Next question:  can I change the item_corpse something drops based on whether its a child or an adult?  For instance, have a cow calf drop a small_carcass item while an adult cow drops a large_carcass item, each of which would have a custom reaction to butcher it at the slaughterhouse.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:41:43 pm by Tigrath »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 27, 2012, 01:46:26 pm »

Next question:  can I change the item_corpse something drops based on whether its a child or an adult?  For instance, have a cow calf drop a small_carcass item while an adult cow drops a large_carcass item, each of which would have a custom reaction to butcher it at the slaughterhouse.
Not really. You might be able to get away by having a special body part drop the actual carcass item that magically grows to butcherable size at a certain age, then give it NOMEAT, NOBONES, and the other tags to stop the rest of the corpse from being dropped, but that is the only thing I can think of that would work.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 27, 2012, 01:53:12 pm »

Not really. You might be able to get away by having a special body part drop the actual carcass item that magically grows to butcherable size at a certain age, then give it NOMEAT, NOBONES, and the other tags to stop the rest of the corpse from being dropped, but that is the only thing I can think of that would work.

Then what about going the other direction and making calfs and other child stuff unbutcherabe?  Is that possible?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 28, 2012, 04:13:16 am »

Ok, So I'm getting back into modding (tho ive said that before half heartedly...) and I have a few questions:

1. With material emissions I.E. [DIRECTED_DUST_FLOW], can I use sand as the material and what effects will this have (I should know this lol)?
2. Is it possible to put [SOCKET] onto all body parts a creature has, and what will the effects be?
3. In relation to question 2, will the resulting pile of parts be considered a target for corpse interactions?
4. A creature (cattle like) im planning to make has 5 stages of growth. Is there anyway to specify the name of each stage or will I have to do a lot of jumping through hoops?

I have more questions but I'll leave those for later.

EDIT: haha my head is not on straight...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:06:27 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 28, 2012, 09:03:07 am »

How do I make a certain rock/s not appear normally? I need to make a rock that boils at normal temperature and I need it to NOT show up normally, I need it to only be seen when a reaction is done.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 28, 2012, 09:20:40 am »

How do I make a certain rock/s not appear normally? I need to make a rock that boils at normal temperature and I need it to NOT show up normally, I need it to only be seen when a reaction is done.

My guess (highly unlikely that its educated) is that with this:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MYSTERY_MEAT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:mystery meat][DISPLAY_COLOR:6:7:0][TILE:'#']
[SEDIMENTARY][AQUIFER][SEDIMENTARY_OCEAN_SHALLOW] <--remove these
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:10000] <-- a little below humanoid temp?
[SOLID_DENSITY:2400]

it should make the material not appear, but still be able to be created through a boiling stone reaction. I dont do boiling stone reactions (yet) so I dont know if that will work. Feel free to correct me cause I need to know this as well...
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:14 am »

Sanure is bang on the money here.  Make an entry for the stone in the inorganic file.  Dont give it any distribution tags, it wont actually exist except as the output for your reaction

the one i use:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:38:30 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:01 am »

Ok, So I'm getting back into modding (tho ive said that before half heartedly...) and I have a few questions:

1. With material emissions I.E. [DIRECTED_DUST_FLOW], can I use sand as the material and what effects will this have (I should know this lol)?
2. Is it possible to put [SOCKET] onto all body parts a creature has, and what will the effects be?
3. In relation to question 2, will the resulting pile of parts be considered a target for corpse interactions?
4. A creature (cattle like) im planning to make has 5 stages of growth. Is there anyway to specify the name of each stage or will I have to do a lot of jumping through hoops?

I have more questions but I'll leave those for later.

EDIT: haha my head is not on straight...

1. It'll work as any TRAILING_DUST_FLOW.
2. You can, and it would probably be as you think it is :P
3. Many of them will.
4. Hoops as fuck. Toady's fixed transformation interactions, so you can have the calf born with secretions that will transform it into a whatever at, say, a year, a second whatever at two, etc.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 28, 2012, 09:42:49 am »

-snip-
1. It'll work as any TRAILING_DUST_FLOW.
2. You can, and it would probably be as you think it is
3. Many of them will.
4. Hoops as fuck. Toady's fixed transformation interactions, so you can have the calf born with secretions that will transform it into a whatever at, say, a year, a second whatever at two, etc.

Sweet lol. As soon as I get to the next part of my modding, ill ask my next set of questions. Oh and I am now going to test the socket creatures now because i want to see what happens lol. Oh and Do you mind if I quote you on the hoops as fuck thing?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:53 am »

Thanks for the quick answer!
Now to work on actually MAKING the stones do what I like. >_>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:12:16 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 28, 2012, 10:31:50 am »

The trick to boiling stones is to give them a MAT_FIXED_TEMP above their BOILING_POINT.

Also, I don't mind.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 544