Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002165 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2835 on: October 13, 2012, 02:31:50 pm »

No, no caste graphics. The numbers stand for numbers on the tilesheet.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 13, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »

[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE] needs to be under the attack.

It is, the only thing it's above is the [ATTACK_PRIORITY] tag, but it still functions as a blunt attack IE no slicing off limbs, ETC.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 13, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »

You'll also need a PENETRATION_PERC, I think.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: October 13, 2012, 05:32:29 pm »

Is there somewhere that teaches you how to read the raws properly?  I feel like I keep going crosseyed trying to figure out what I'm looking at.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 13, 2012, 05:49:33 pm »

Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 14, 2012, 03:30:34 am »

I've got it... Here's the attack:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know if it's the velocity modifier, but all it ever does is bruise or break bones and slap the target away, I'm trying to get it to pierce the target like a spear, but it never seems to work.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2842 on: October 14, 2012, 04:00:28 am »

I've got it... Here's the attack:

I don't know if it's the velocity modifier, but all it ever does is bruise or break bones and slap the target away, I'm trying to get it to pierce the target like a spear, but it never seems to work.

What's the tentacle made of?  It's very hard to pierce a material with a material that is softer or just as soft as its target.  If you're using a muscular tentacle to chop at someone else's muscles, they'll usually just splat against each other, edge attack or no.  Try giving it claws or making it out of horn tissue or something.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 14, 2012, 07:33:59 am »

It's made out of this stuff:

Basically Slade at the moment, although I might switch to a steel-like material later.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:56:01 am by Evil One »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2844 on: October 14, 2012, 09:05:26 am »

That should be strong enough.  Well, it's not  [CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER] unless you're using a creature variation template, it's just [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER].  Not sure if that's the problem but it could be.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 14, 2012, 10:43:49 am »

It most certainly is a problem. That tag will either spit out an error, do nothing, or crash the game (since declaring creature variations without applying them does that in my experience).

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 15, 2012, 03:26:52 am »

Thanks IndigoFenix and Putnam, it's working now, I can get the attack to pierce a creatures body and I'm getting a lot of tearing of muscles, nerves, tendons and organs.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 15, 2012, 08:29:48 am »

Im back with more odd questions :D

1. ok, the reaction to make my super metal requires an item made of steel and some powder we will call Blink dust. How do i specify the powder being used and how do i setup blink dust as a reagent?

2. the metal I've made is great at deflecting everything (even dragonfire which is awesome). but how do i go making it weak against itself?

3.is there anyway to make a metal capable from protecting somebody from lava? im assuming no since my metal was the only thing left after falling in lava in the arena

4. Finally, is this too strong?

EDIT: Arrows still pierce it...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:41:39 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 15, 2012, 05:38:33 pm »

Is it possible to create new furniture through modding?  It doesn't need to actually do anything, I'm just curious if it's possible at all.  The thing I'm trying to accomplish directly is the replacement of vanilla cabinets with a new one that doesn't store clothing, to help mitigate the problem of dwarves hoarding worn clothing.  I still want stuff in their rooms to spice them up though.

My feeble searching through the raws makes it look like the closest thing I can get to this is creating a new 1x1 workshop with no reactions, using the cabinet tile.  This would work, although it's a bit clunky.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 15, 2012, 06:34:40 pm »

Is it possible to create new furniture through modding?  It doesn't need to actually do anything, I'm just curious if it's possible at all.  The thing I'm trying to accomplish directly is the replacement of vanilla cabinets with a new one that doesn't store clothing, to help mitigate the problem of dwarves hoarding worn clothing.  I still want stuff in their rooms to spice them up though.

My feeble searching through the raws makes it look like the closest thing I can get to this is creating a new 1x1 workshop with no reactions, using the cabinet tile.  This would work, although it's a bit clunky.

Your workaround that you mention there is the only way, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 544