Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999443 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3135 on: November 17, 2012, 12:34:58 am »

1. Yes. You want 2WINGS, though, not WINGS. Make sure you get your tokens straight.

2. Yes. A CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION syndrome with no END will be permanent.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41:32 am »

Thanks for answering.

EDIT: Crap. I remembered something, I made the codes to make a creature be morphed into a "Manslayer", but it is always temporary, I added no END to the token line.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:44:32 am by MCipher »
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: November 17, 2012, 12:47:54 am »

Hmm. Let's see the token line, then.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: November 17, 2012, 01:41:21 am »

Has anyone tested [ITEMCORPSE] enough to tell me why it sometimes just doesn't work? I'm trying to make a gaseous humanoid that drops a sword upon death, but most of the time it just explodes and no sword is dropped.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Admiral_Aorta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: November 17, 2012, 01:43:42 am »

More stupid questions about creature modding.
I have been wondering if the "[WINGS]" attachment to the "[BODY:]" token would give creatures flight...
I know the "[FLIER]" token exists, but I am wondering if wings would give the creature flight, but only while the wings are attached.

A completely different question, can you make a creature permanentally count as a different one using syndromes? For example:
Spoiler: before (click to show/hide)
(The ASCII is just demonstrational)
Could you, say make a creature turn from that, To:
Spoiler: after (click to show/hide)
Permanentally, and it count as that creature (the "#" in the demonstrations), no longer counting as "Human" (the "U")?

I'm pretty sure that having wings is independent of flight, but if a unit with [FLIER] also has wings then it will lose flying if those wings are removed.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: November 17, 2012, 05:36:10 am »

Hmm. Let's see the token line, then.
Okay.
Spoiler: code line (click to show/hide)
-note- The "Doombringer" has multiple types, AKA Castes. This is simply demonstration.
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: November 17, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »

Wouldn't it be easier to directly use an ADD_SYNDROME interaction?

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: November 17, 2012, 12:31:30 pm »

Actually, I found that all you need is [FLIER] wings do nothing without that. Incidentally, you don't NEED wings to fly, however, if you DO have them, the tag gets bound to them, and when removed (but still displayed in your body parts list as having been removed) you lose the ability to fly, but if you dont have wings, you just fly superman style.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: November 18, 2012, 01:33:51 am »

Is it just me, or is CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION really damn weak? I mean setting SEV:100 on a creature's brain doesn't even harm it in the slightest.

EDIT: Upon further testing, I've found that for this syndrome
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:BUFF]
[SYN_NAME:Brain Impairment test]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:<severity>:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:THOUGHT:ALL:START:0:END:20]

<severity> must be at least 9900 to completely impair brain function, even 9899 doesn't cause an "impaired" status. Can anyone confirm this in the arena? This is on a clean copy of DF by the way.

I'm not sure if brain impairment actually does anything other than cause some weird instant death oddities involving combat.
Yeah, the idea was to find the threshold of "Alright if you get this much you're screwed" and put that onto some syndromes so if you had too many you'd die almost instantly. Still though, 9900 is a bit much, but now as I'm testing it ON said syndromes and not alone, it seems to be impairing fine... I don't even.

EDIT: Alright what the tits. Now 100 is enough to kill some poor idiot who I forced to drink bogeyman ichor.

I haven't tested this a lot, but I found that if you have the END of a syndrome too close to the START, it is weakened. My favorite rapid death syndrome (severity 30000 bleeding from every body part) had START:0:PEAK:60 and no END. I couldn't put the PEAK closer than ~60 to the START. I don't know if I even need a PEAK. It's like there is a maximum rate of increase of syndrome worsening.

Perhaps the syndrome only procs on the creature's turn, and since typical creatures have 10-11 ticks between turns it might not proc twice in the 20 ticks that you have in your syndrome (if it needs to proc twice).

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: November 18, 2012, 09:55:24 pm »

Just making sure, but is there a limit to the number of regents you can have to make an item?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:51 pm »

Just making sure, but is there a limit to the number of regents you can have to make an item?

Well nothing except practicality. Put as many as you want.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: November 18, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »

Probably 32,767; or maybe 2,147,483,647. But yeah, for all intents and purposes it's unlimited (though a large number of reagents will slow down a reaction since the workshop will become cluttered due to the large number of items within it).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: November 18, 2012, 11:13:43 pm »

Probably 32,767; or maybe 2,147,483,647. But yeah, for all intents and purposes it's unlimited (though a large number of reagents will slow down a reaction since the workshop will become cluttered due to the large number of items within it).
:P That's good, though I don't think I'll be going beyond 8 at most.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: November 19, 2012, 01:49:48 am »

:P That's good, though I don't think I'll be going beyond 8 at most.

The most I have ever used was around 35.  It was horribly inefficient, as dwarves would get hungry, thirsty, or fall asleep while gathering materials.  I ended up changing it shortly afterwards.

You should be fine with 8, though.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: November 19, 2012, 09:21:27 pm »

Looking for some confirmation or more information on some observations.

My goal is to make GIANT and *_MAN "animals" more aggressive, so they attack everything, everyone all the time, without hesitation.

to that end, I've modified c_variation_default.txt and successfully added in:

[CV_NEW_TAG:LIKES_FIGHTING]
   [CV_NEW_TAG:LARGE_PREDATOR]
   [CV_NEW_TAG:NOFEAR]
   [CV_NEW_TAG:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]

to the appropriate areas, and saw good results, as expected.

However, I've been trying to add in

[CV_NEW_TAG:CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
   [CV_NEW_TAG:CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER]
   [CV_NEW_TAG:CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM]

And if I do, it seems to break things.  Specifically, I never seen any GIANT or *_MAN creatures at all.  If I remove those entries, things go back to normal.  These values are extremely useful in getting animals to investigate the fortress, so having them would be quite beneficial for my goal.  It's like DF is seeing the entries as an error, and will never spawn them on the embark.

Is there something special about these tags that I can't use them as part of a variation?  Or is there a syntax I'm missing?
If you know, please share! :)
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 544