Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002494 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3360 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:03 am »

Speaking of overly circuitous workarounds, I haven't been developing my superhero mod for a while due to one seemingly insoluble bug: the flamey material for flamey weapons and armor, but no way to stop the non-fireproof supers from using it and killing themselves.
What if you gave everyone fireproof gloves? Then they should be able to handle it without bursting into flames themselves. Other then that I don't know of any workaround, since objects are notoriously difficult to workaround as so much of their properties are hardcoded.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: December 10, 2012, 01:52:11 am »

Problem is, people embark with stuff made of it or traders/migrants/caravan guards arrive with it. Maybe I'll have to drop it, or just have it for ballista bolts and trap components only.

Also, various powers (web slinging, fire control) seem indiscriminate in their effects, but maybe that just makes managing hero squads more FUN
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: December 10, 2012, 10:37:57 am »

The [SPECIAL] tag should prevent your fire issues.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: December 10, 2012, 11:41:08 am »

Also, various powers (web slinging, fire control) seem indiscriminate in their effects, but maybe that just makes managing hero squads more FUN
Tell me about it. Back in my old mod I had a race that could naturally breath dragonfire. All fine and dandy until I got sieged while they were in the trade depot, triggering them throwing dragonfire about willy-nilly and killing a fair amount of my dwarves.

And yeah, [SPECIAL] should stop it from being brought by caravans, migrants, or invaders.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: December 10, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »

I'm trying to implement like, a bog monster, and it's supposed to have a toxic odor. Syndrome-laiden materials, obviously, but I'm trying to figure out how to have the syndrome airborne outside of just CDI:MATERIAL_EMISSION--since that has to be activated, and isn't static or passive. I was thinking I could do a tissue layer made out of the appropriate syndrome material, gaseous at room temp, and has a crazy ass healing rate so it replenishes itself. Problem is, it's not really doing what I'd like it to be doing.... :(
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: December 10, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »

SECRETION should work.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: December 10, 2012, 11:56:22 pm »

figures they'd have a tag for that and I wouldn't find it.

someone really needs to write a glossary of every tag, summary of data known on it, syntax, categories, alphabetical listings, etc.

edit: SECRETION is so slow I'm having a tough time even figuring out if the extract is doing anything, and even if it is, I'm desperate to make it fizz out often. Any way to speed up the timer?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:13:03 am by laularukyrumo »
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: December 11, 2012, 12:08:33 am »

The wiki is your friend, you know :P

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: December 11, 2012, 12:57:11 am »

wiki doesn't list everything.

:( Several whole categories of tokens aren't linked to Category:tokens, and a couple of selection-based tokens I couldn't actually find--if they exist, I'm not sure where the syntax documentation on them is. 

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: December 11, 2012, 01:03:54 am »

wiki doesn't list everything.

:( Several whole categories of tokens aren't linked to Category:tokens, and a couple of selection-based tokens I couldn't actually find--if they exist, I'm not sure where the syntax documentation on them is.

Like what?

sibelius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: December 11, 2012, 07:35:18 pm »

Hi

I've modded in a venomous bite for dragons, however it causes the victim to melt(it was a copy of GCS).

What can be done?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: December 11, 2012, 07:54:07 pm »

Hi

I've modded in a venomous bite for dragons, however it causes the victim to melt(it was a copy of GCS).

What can be done?

That is caused by the dragon's venom's melting point being WAY above what it should be, due to the whole "fireproofing" thing that Toady has with the dragons. Where blood and pus's melting points are changed (There's a comment there from Toady that says why), add your venom.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »

This syndrome won't work. . . and I'm not sure why.  I added secretions to the appropriate parts and even tried using its blood instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

of small note, my last modded creature uses syn contact and secretions in the mouth to do its business, and that didnt work here...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:06:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: December 11, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

It doesn't have [SYN_CONTACT].
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 544