Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002138 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3570 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »

So if I add up to 25 for each, and the world has 50 each, only half of them are affected. But if I add 50, and the world has only 25 of each, there will be a rather big error-log spam.

I think I will boil it down to: For lore reasons demons, titans and forgotten beasts are so awesome, they are not affected.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 04, 2013, 02:39:29 pm »

Well, demons should be fairly manageable, just remember to set their numbers. You can always add/remove [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE]'s from a syndrome after world gen to reduce error spam.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3572 on: January 04, 2013, 02:46:11 pm »

Yes, I could. But people playing my mod will probably not enjoy learning to mod (actually, that would be great). I dont know what settings people use for their world-gens, and some of mine use demons, others disable them. so I will not include it. It's ok.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 04, 2013, 04:09:47 pm »

Hi.
Is it possible to have a creature take up another creature's abilities without having to create a new caste for every possible combination? For example, a creature that, having killed and eaten a poisonous beast in an ecounter, would become poisonous itself.
Not really, no. You might be able to do a little bit of work with interactions and adding/removing tokens (a list may be found here next to IT_REQUIRES) but because there are so few things that you can add/remove right now the majority of your changes will need to be through transformations.

Believe it or not, this is kind of possible with CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION. Just give every single creature's bite attack an INJECT_EXTRACT with a new material called SALIVA, then have the poisonous creature's meat give the saliva an injected interaction.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3574 on: January 04, 2013, 05:40:19 pm »

Well, here's a hint: the only place that the CONTACT interaction is used in-game is with cat greeting head-bumps.

Bahahahah, okay, check. :P

EDIT: While I'm here, is there any way to make a creature immune to cave in dust throwing them around? There's an upper tier of the creature I was working on that was gonna shoot cave in dust instead of just "ranged attack" them, but I'd rather they not throw their fortress-mates around all over the place every time they use the skill.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:42:41 pm by Seriyu »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: January 04, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »

Hi.
Is it possible to have a creature take up another creature's abilities without having to create a new caste for every possible combination? For example, a creature that, having killed and eaten a poisonous beast in an ecounter, would become poisonous itself.
Not really, no. You might be able to do a little bit of work with interactions and adding/removing tokens (a list may be found here next to IT_REQUIRES) but because there are so few things that you can add/remove right now the majority of your changes will need to be through transformations.
Believe it or not, this is kind of possible with CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION. Just give every single creature's bite attack an INJECT_EXTRACT with a new material called SALIVA, then have the poisonous creature's meat give the saliva an injected interaction.
Interesting, so you would at least be able to have poisonous creatures make the assimilating creature become poisonous, though that does have the drawback of needing the creature to actually eat the other creature's meat, not necessarily just have it trigger upon killing the other creature.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3576 on: January 04, 2013, 06:09:17 pm »

Well, it does make for interesting domestic pets in fortress mode, thats for sure.

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 04, 2013, 06:25:07 pm »

How does one change the raws to allow goblins to be used for bones, but not meat or leather?
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:38 pm »

How does one change the raws to allow goblins to be used for bones, but not meat or leather?
You can't. You can either butcher them for everything, or not butcher them at all (as in vanilla).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3579 on: January 04, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »

More interaction woes, I've made it more uhhhh, dangerous, but it still won't let me target things while I'm controlling the creature. It also doesn't seem to use it in combat in fort mode.

Code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank yah in advance.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3580 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

You have to post the creature that can use it and the CDI:INTERACTION inside it as well... the interaction alone is not enough to help you.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3581 on: January 04, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »

Ah yes.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:13 pm »

Unfortunately, the headbump contact doesn't appear to transfer contaminants or temperature, so my "pyrocat" or "cryocat" concepts didn't work.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 04, 2013, 10:13:31 pm »

First issue I notice is that you need to have a [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:X] under the I_TARGET, whatver you put in the IT_MANUAL_INPUT will be what it prompts you for when selecting targets.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3584 on: January 04, 2013, 10:36:34 pm »

First issue I notice is that you need to have a [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:X] under the I_TARGET, whatver you put in the IT_MANUAL_INPUT will be what it prompts you for when selecting targets.

Ahah! That got it working. Now, however, they won't use it in fort mode (really arena, but), or at the very least don't seem to use it often, is there a way to fix that, or am I just out of luck on that front?

EDIT: Oh right, new code

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:39:52 pm by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 544