Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002436 times)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3645 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:51 am »

How does forgotten beast generation work ? Is it possible to add your own parts/materials to the generation?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: January 08, 2013, 12:08:33 pm »

I don't think so. You may however be able to mod in your very own custom FB's though.

Has anyone attempted to make plump helmet tissue eatable and brewable ? I can't seem to do so.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: January 08, 2013, 02:47:18 pm »

How does forgotten beast generation work ? Is it possible to add your own parts/materials to the generation?

Edit the RCP raw file.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3648 on: January 08, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »

Edit the RCP raw file.

Cheers mate !

Ajonos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: January 08, 2013, 04:43:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure these have been done before, but I haven't managed to figure out how to do it myself:

I want to mod the game to change two things:
1) Clothing never decays (hate clothing management)
2) Clothing doesn't include material prefix (I don't care that this tunic is rat leather and that tunic is cat leather, THEY'RE BOTH THE SAME)

How would I go about modding this?

(From what I hear, the Masterwork mod does these two things, but I'm trying to keep my mods as simple and few as possible, only changing the things that bother me the most.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3650 on: January 08, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »

First one does not work anymore. People set clothing to "hard/armor" and it will not decay, but it wont count as clothing anymore and since no clothing gives bad thoughts, everyone would go crazy.

For the second one you simply need to alter the tanners "tan a hide" reaction. Instead of get material from reagent: tan mat, you wnat creature_mat:fake-animal here, and make a new creature with ID fake-animal, [name:::] (yes, this is intentionall empty) and only a leather template inside. Should not appear anywhere in the arena or game. Whenever you tan skin now, you get the fake animal leather, which will be called "leather" since it has no creature name to put in front.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ajonos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: January 08, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

First one does not work anymore. People set clothing to "hard/armor" and it will not decay, but it wont count as clothing anymore and since no clothing gives bad thoughts, everyone would go crazy.

For the second one you simply need to alter the tanners "tan a hide" reaction. Instead of get material from reagent: tan mat, you wnat creature_mat:fake-animal here, and make a new creature with ID fake-animal, [name:::] (yes, this is intentionall empty) and only a leather template inside. Should not appear anywhere in the arena or game. Whenever you tan skin now, you get the fake animal leather, which will be called "leather" since it has no creature name to put in front.

I see, thanks. Well, the second seems straightforward enough. Sucks about the durability problem though... I assume there's no way to even increase the durability of clothing either seeing as even adamantine clothing decays same as the rest. Any other ideas about how to mod so I at least don't need to worry about masterwork clothing decaying and making my legendary clothier upset? I could deal with just replacing clothing periodically if it weren't for that.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3652 on: January 08, 2013, 05:53:21 pm »

Okay, metal part got taken care of, works fine, however I removed one leg, as the creature well, has one leg. Because mythology is wierd. And now the toes aren't connecting, despite the fact that there's a perfectly good STANCE bodypart there. I've messed with CON_TYPES and such to try and get them attached, and any time they attach the toenail tissue refuses to go with it. It's not that big a deal, and I could remove the toes, but to be perfectly honest I kind've refuse to let the error log win at this point.

Code: [Select]
Body:

[BODY:HUMANOID_1LEG]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:UB][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA:right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA:left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH:right hand:STP][CON:RLA][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:LH:left hand:STP][CON:LLA][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:LUL:upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:LLL:lower leg:STP][CON:RUL][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:LF:foot:feet][CON:LLL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]

Creature body layout thingy:

[BODY:HUMANOID_1LEG:1EYE:2EARS:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]

5TOES is completely unchanged.

Thanks in advance.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: January 08, 2013, 08:42:45 pm »

*snip*

*snip* Sucks about the durability problem though... I assume there's no way to even increase the durability of clothing either seeing as even adamantine clothing decays same as the rest. Any other ideas about how to mod so I at least don't need to worry about masterwork clothing decaying and making my legendary clothier upset? I could deal with just replacing clothing periodically if it weren't for that.

Um... I believe Toady fixed that problem (armor counting as clothing), as people were having their militaries freak out from the compounded bad thoughts. As of latest version, at least, armor counts as clothing (I don't think it counted in .34.09 or something, it was only noted fixed by a random single sentence somewhere)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3654 on: January 08, 2013, 08:49:33 pm »

In that case I will do some tests... clothing that does not wear out is a serious game factor, I could add it to my GUI as an optional setting.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Alexandru H.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: January 08, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »

Modified the leather system so as not to get 1000 types. It's working but nobody is taking out from the butcher the bones/skull/horns, even though I have the necessary accomodations in the stockpile. From the old veok thread, I saw that Meph had the same problem: did you by any chance resolve it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3656 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:12 pm »

Sure I did. Veok uses inorganics, that does not work, because tanned hides from inorganic materials have no stockpile entries. tanned hides must be creatures, so make a creature as template, not an inorganic mat. See my second post above this.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3657 on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:31 pm »

Question, is there any way to permanantly raise attributes? Whether through eating something, a syndrome, etc, preferably in a manner that can be stacked, but I'm willing to settle for only one stat boost of a particular type per unit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: January 08, 2013, 10:29:31 pm »

Question, is there any way to permanantly raise attributes? Whether through eating something, a syndrome, etc, preferably in a manner that can be stacked, but I'm willing to settle for only one stat boost of a particular type per unit.

Yep. PHYS_ATT_CHANGE/MENT_ATT_CHANGE. It can be stacked, too.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3659 on: January 08, 2013, 10:42:47 pm »

Awesooooome, thank you! I assume if you leave out the "END:#" part of the syndrome it'll last forever?
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 544