Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002211 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4005 on: February 05, 2013, 06:21:14 pm »

Well, the fluffy clouds are very good at choking dwarves to death (even dwarves that are more skilled than them) and even froze one to death before I remembered to reset their internal temperature to 10000U rather than the absurd 1U, but are still not applying their syndrome.  They are properly displaying the interaction's verb in combat logs (Well, mostly properly.  they just verb, rather than verbing target), so that's something... I think I might just be unclear on how to properly use [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]

My interaction currently looks like this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: February 05, 2013, 07:05:45 pm »

Well, the fluffy clouds are very good at choking dwarves to death (even dwarves that are more skilled than them) and even froze one to death before I remembered to reset their internal temperature to 10000U rather than the absurd 1U, but are still not applying their syndrome.  They are properly displaying the interaction's verb in combat logs (Well, mostly properly.  they just verb, rather than verbing target), so that's something... I think I might just be unclear on how to properly use [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]

My interaction currently looks like this...

Syndromes given through interactions need higher severities to have any noticeable effect.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: February 05, 2013, 08:16:49 pm »

multiplied the severity of each symptom by 10000.  dwarves still got strangled to death.  Took out the knock-out symptom, which changed nothing: it's not the syndrome knocking them out, it's pain.  do I need to add [SYN_CONTACT], perhaps?

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: February 05, 2013, 08:21:45 pm »

multiplied the severity of each symptom by 10000.  dwarves still got strangled to death.  Took out the knock-out symptom, which changed nothing: it's not the syndrome knocking them out, it's pain.  do I need to add [SYN_CONTACT], perhaps?

Are you sure you're even targeting the dwarves with it?  I ask because you said;

>> they just verb, rather than verbing target

Can we see the CAN_DO_INTERACTION segment in your creature?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: February 05, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

oops, sorry for double post.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:25:18 pm by smakemupagus »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: February 05, 2013, 08:30:50 pm »

Check to see if they are actually getting the syndrome, it tells you in the arena mode.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: February 05, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »

That might be the problem... I haven't changed that bit the whole time, except midway through to add a verb so it would show on arena reports.

If arena calls out infections... then yeah, the problem is somewhere here...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: February 05, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »

Yeah I think you need a TARGET token in there

[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
or
[CDI:TARGET:A:TOUCHABLE]

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: February 05, 2013, 09:12:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure you need to define IE_TARGET and IE_IMMEDIATE before you define SYNDROME. Try this:

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: February 05, 2013, 11:16:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure you need to define IE_TARGET and IE_IMMEDIATE before you define SYNDROME. Try this:

Pretty sure you don't.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: February 06, 2013, 12:07:45 am »

Well... I moved the tags around and added Line of Sight.  Dwarves were still being, invariably, suffocated. 

I added [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED] to the effect, in case the syndrome was being reset every time (with a mere delay of 1 and [SPEED:0] creatures) the Shadow embraced.  The dwarves were still strangled to death, and the combat report showed an "embraces" at just about every action.  I removed the tag.

Realizing a syndrome was an ongoing effect, I tried removing [IE_IMMEDIATE].  Dwarves: Still strangled to death.  Combat Log: Still reports "Embraces".  [IE_IMMEDIATE] returned to the interaction.

In the interests of checking that re-application situation, I upped the wait time to 15.  Embraces occurred less frequently in the combat report, as expected, but no syndrome manifested.  Dwarves strangled to death.

At this point, I tinkered heavily: I added an [I_EFFECT:CONTACT] (Immediate and on Target A), made the syndrome [SYN_CONTACT], and changed the range to Touchable (with no specified numeric range).  Same results in the arena.  Removed [SYN_CONTACT] just in case, added back in the 1-tile range, and tried again.  Inexplicably, the first dwarf spawned won.  obsidianizing the victorious dwarf (who had, of course, gained skill) and spawning another pair had the expected result: embraces, no syndrome, dwarf suffocated to being strangled.

I gave the Add Syndrome term an IE_ARENA_NAME.  It appeared in the effect list, but spawning a dwarf with that effect resulted in a healthy dwarf just sitting there -- it seems that the problem exists within the syndrome: for some reason, it does not go, even when the game is told directly to interact.

After all the tinkering, my Raws look like this

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4016 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:44 am »

Here:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SHADOW_EMBRACE]
        [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
        [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
                [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SHADOW]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
        [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
                [IE_ARENA_NAME:shadow syndrome test]
                [IE_TARGET:A]
                [IE_IMMEDIATE]
                [SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:SHADOW]
                    [SYN_NAME:shadow embrace]
                    [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SHADOW:ALL]
                    [CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:5:PEAK:5:END:20000]
                    [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:10:PEAK:10:END:20000]
                    [CE_NECROSIS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:15:PEAK:15:END:20000]

Mostly using  CE: instead of CE_ broke everything. I also added a syn class and a cannot have syn class, to stop the spamming. It only affects each creature once.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:59 am »

You're missing BPs on your necrosis, for one.

For another, it's CE_X, not CE:X.

Make sure to check your errorlog!

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: February 06, 2013, 12:57:52 am »

*forehead slap*

It would be a typo with me.

I tried Meph's raws, and while the creature would not inflict it (they didn't attempt to embrace), spawning dwarves with it caused them to shortly suffocate of the total paralysis. 

I added BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSCLE to the necrosis, and dwarves spawned with the syndrome rotted quite nicely... though it didn't really speed their demise over the total body paralysis.  Once a dwarf succumbed to infection, though. 

Removing the paralysis for a spell (relying on the unconsciousness to take the victim dwarf out of the immediate fight) while setting all tissues (not just muscle) to rot resulted in me discovering that necrosis is not a terribly swift means of killing a body, even with insanely amped severity.  Granted, the dwarven health system would surely kill such a dwarf -- every scrap of flesh and bone in her body was rotted (the z details were... impressive to look at by the end, with every single body part including organs like the heart, lung, and brain called out as rotten), but technically the syndrome ran its course and she survived as a walking pile of rot.  I spawned an echidna, and she struck it down before finally succumbing to infection.

As such, the paralysis went back in, and the necrosis came out.  High-severity generalized paralysis seems an effective enough way for a syndrome to make normal creatures like dwarves dead.  By adding back [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE], I was able to get the Shadows to use their embrace again.  I'm currently testing just how well groups of variously skilled and/or equipped dwarves fare against them.

Thank you all very much.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: February 07, 2013, 06:57:45 pm »

This time I think I did my research thoroughly first, but I've missed obvious things and misspelled REAGENT before so...

Are there ANY tokens that can be added to an ITEM rather than a material which can then be filtered for in reactions?

For instance reactions can select reagents which are not in a pressed state with NOT_PRESSED.

I tried adding FORCE_EDGE, but I can't seem to make it stick to anything metal and I don't see anything in the material defaults to suggest metals can be made to take that. It looks to be hard-coded but I don't know if that's bound to a material or to the hard-coded item that is the small rock or what.

I also can't craft it in a pressed state as far as I can tell, but I may have been doing it wrong. Is there a way to create an item via reactions that has an engraving or improvement on it?

I'm still working on the same issue as above and on the last page - the single reaction meltdown, but I absolutely DO NOT want to have to code in a reaction for EVERY SINGLE type of item EXCEPT for whatever item type the ingot is. Right now the best I can see is allowing the melting only of weapons and chest armor since there doesn't seem to be a way to allow any armor to be a reagent in a single reaction (melt helmet, melt glove, melt shoe, melt leg armor, melt chest armor...).
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 544