Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999419 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4020 on: February 07, 2013, 07:01:57 pm »

FORCE_EDGE is a PRODUCT token.

You'll have to create one reaction each for:

helmets
gloves
pants
armor
boots
weapons
tools
each item type you see in the item token article, really...

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: February 07, 2013, 08:32:33 pm »

Damn. I was really hoping I'd missed something or phrased my question too obscurely before. Thanks for the confirmation.

I opened this suggestion thread with a simple* suggestion which would be, I think, a boon to all kinds of modders and add a lot of flexibility we just don't have right now. Incidentally, it uses a segment of my script as an example.

*at least, I'm pretty sure it would be a very simple addition to the program.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Alavander

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Battered Kobold Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: February 08, 2013, 03:42:55 am »

I got the following dabbling moder problem:

I got a workshop that takes 25 stone sling ammo, and 25 wooden arrows, and create a dummy wooden arrows called stonetip ("stonetip arrows"),
but they are still threated as a plant:wood (taken the solution - of making an rocktip wood with the stats of stone - from the New Genesis mod and tweaked it a bit).

So when I order my kobolds to mass produce them, they just take one stack of 25 and make it over and over from itself. (As stonetip is wood)

I would like to change them somehow to 'bone', or at least do something that would classify them as bone or a new metal material (in terms of storing), while still keeping the name ("stonetip") intact.

To. Break. That. Loop. Of. No. Ammo. :<

It is possible? I've read up that playing with bone is kinda different then how it was before in new versions.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:44:34 am by Alavander »
The kobolds of Kador Kar knew the meaning of word "hardship". But they we're wrong. It certainly wasn't the right name for these giant hamsters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: February 08, 2013, 08:55:55 am »

I'd recommend just taking the reagent material from the stone you used, and using that as the material for the whole arrow you crafted. Each item in DF can only have one material. You'd specify the material with:

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:<id you gave the sling ammo>:NONE

And make sure you fill the id value in the same as your wrote in the reagent line for the sling ammo (this id is set arbitrarily for the modders use)

If you want to use "BONE", it has to be the bone of something - it's like variables in an object oriented programming language - DOG:BONE or CAT:BONE are a "thing", whereas "BONE" by itself isn't a defined material.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:00:01 am by Reelya »

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: February 08, 2013, 09:33:03 am »

Is it possible to directly alter your attributes with in-game commands, i.e. creating a reaction that increases an attribute?

It is possible? I've read up that playing with bone is kinda different then how it was before in new versions.

Have it inherit the material from the bone item but have the actual ammo be called 'stonetip arrow', requiring the stone item in question as a reagent.

What you'll get is 'elephant bone stonetip arrow' or something similar.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: February 08, 2013, 09:36:16 am »

You can make an interaction/syndrome that can increase an attribute with CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE and CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: February 08, 2013, 09:46:25 am »

I saw that, but I didn't see how it could be used the way I'm hoping.

Didn't you actually do something in-game that was a command or reaction to change your strength?

Could I link a reaction with such a syndrome so that it activates the effect when the reaction itself is activated?

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: February 08, 2013, 09:50:37 am »

Sorry if this was discussed before but is there a way for a forced werebeast type transformation but not  werebeast but into a different creature like lets say customcreature1 goes to customcreature2 for a limited time before going back to customcreature1 trying yo make a morphling type race  sorry for misspells typing on my android
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:13:07 am by Gaybarowner »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: February 08, 2013, 09:59:54 am »

Sorry if this was discussed before but is there a way for a forced werebeast type transformation but not  werebeast but into a different creature like lets say customcreature1 goes to customcreature2 for a limited time before going back to customcreature1 trying yo make a morphling type race  sorry for misspells typing on mu android

Yeah, [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:X]

I saw that, but I didn't see how it could be used the way I'm hoping.

Didn't you actually do something in-game that was a command or reaction to change your strength?

Could I link a reaction with such a syndrome so that it activates the effect when the reaction itself is activated?

Make a reaction that:

In dwarf mode, makes a boiling stone that has a [SYN_INHALED] syndrome that causes CE_(PHYS/MENT)_ATT_CHANGE

In adventure mode, makes a drink that has a [SYN_INGESTED] syndrome that causes CE_(PHYS/MENT)_ATT_CHANGE.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:34 am »

Make a reaction that:

In dwarf mode, makes a boiling stone that has a [SYN_INHALED] syndrome that causes CE_(PHYS/MENT)_ATT_CHANGE

In adventure mode, makes a drink that has a [SYN_INGESTED] syndrome that causes CE_(PHYS/MENT)_ATT_CHANGE.

...rather brilliant, but I am again made sad because I was hoping that I didn't misremember seeing someone say a reaction could be made to directly influence strength.

My idea was to (with, if possible, a percentage chance) increment attributes during the course of a crafting reaction, i.e. simulating attribute gain from skill use for non-combat skills. What would happen if you tried to use the supplied fortress mode solution in adventure mode?
Or might there be another way to automatically make this happen?

Thanks!

EDIT: Did some !!SCIENCE!! and got a melted hand. The 'rock attribute increase' boils away to nothing and does not seem to produce gas.

If dropped, it reverts to its melted liquid state despite having a fixed material temperature. Picking it up melts your hand.

Granted, I didn't try the syndrome manually, but waiting 1 tick and looking before and after shows no gas, nor does any ever appear around me. Does this mean that it's not possible to produce gas in Adv mode from a boiling rock?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:04:06 pm by Avelon »

Dcutean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: February 08, 2013, 02:31:36 pm »

How can I make a creature attack that slices like a sword?

I can't find a way to alter the attack contact percentage or attack penetration percentage to cut through flesh like a sword. Any and all assistance is appreciated
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »

If dropped, it reverts to its melted liquid state despite having a fixed material temperature. Picking it up melts your hand.

Why fixed material temperature?  You want it to respond to ambient temperature, but have a low boiling point so it always vaporizes.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48:25 pm »

How can I make a creature attack that slices like a sword?

I can't find a way to alter the attack contact percentage or attack penetration percentage to cut through flesh like a sword. Any and all assistance is appreciated

What you'll need to do is define or edit the material template of the body part to be used.

For this example I'll use fingernails.

Here is the finger nail template found in material_template_default.txt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that the MAX_EDGE is 1/10 of metal - this too has an impact on how it will affect cutting.

This Wiki page has the information you need to convert any body part into a weapon of mass destruction.

For the actual implementation of that body part as a weapon, check out your creature_standard.txt.

Again I'll be using fingernails as an example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The contact and penetration percentage values can be directly altered in and of themselves - they use the data from the material template and are themselves percentage multipliers. The value of 100 uses the material template values as written. That means that if you change these numbers to, say, 200 - you will get double contact area and double penetration depth. Simply doing this will make the attacks VERY effective against unarmored foes, but to make armor-piercing spike hands you'll want to actually edit the material, otherwise you will find that sometimes you punch torsos off, but an -osprey leather robe- deflects most of your attacks.

Experiment with those and you should have a lot of fun! Good luck. =)

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: February 08, 2013, 03:06:43 pm »

Why fixed material temperature?  You want it to respond to ambient temperature, but have a low boiling point so it always vaporizes.
I did that to guarantee it would vaporize even if you are in extremely cold environments. However, I removed it and in my test world it vaporizes anyway because I'm not in such an area.

Here is the test material I'm using, but it does not seem to be producing a gas. Still not clear if this is even possible in Adventure mode, otherwise why would Putnam give a separate solution? But even so, I tried:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:ATTRIB_METWORK_SMELT_AVE]
this is for Smelter use attribute increases.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:attribute increase][DISPLAY_COLOR:5:5:1][TILE:'*']
[SPEC_HEAT:5000]
[IGNITE_POINT:2000]
[MELTING_POINT:4000]
[BOILING_POINT:6000]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1346]
[IS_STONE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:attribute increase]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:attribute increase]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GRAY]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:GRAY]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:GRAY]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:attributes up]
[SYN_INHALED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:100:500]

This IS the correct syntax for such a syndrome, right? ATT_CHANGE is woefully under-documented, but it contains every argument specified on the Wiki.

The intended result is that when a dummy item of this material is spawned via a reaction, after 1 tick it will vaporize, leaving an inhale-able gas behind which gives you 500 points of strength. Once I can establish that it works in theory, I'll actually be assigning it single-digit values.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: February 08, 2013, 03:15:18 pm »

it melted your hand because it was on fire. remove the ignition point. it's possible in adv mode, the issue is that the boiling gas doesn't always work; ingested syndromes always do.
Also, to make it simpler in the future: reactions can only create items, they can't do anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 544