Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002328 times)

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4350 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:57 am »

While I'm here, though--is there a way to keep a creature from being able to die from blood loss without making them undead?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: March 05, 2013, 11:35:27 am »

While I'm here, though--is there a way to keep a creature from being able to die from blood loss without making them undead?

removing the tag [HAS_BLOOD] should do the trick.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:13 am »

removing the tag [HAS_BLOOD] should do the trick.

Can I do that just for the caste, though, or will I have to apply that to the entire race?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:16 pm »

Is it possible to have an interaction that does not require line of sight to be activated? Like an uber necromancer who can raise corpses even if he can't see them.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: March 05, 2013, 01:01:03 pm »

Is it possible to have an interaction that does not require line of sight to be activated? Like an uber necromancer who can raise corpses even if he can't see them.
I don't believe it's possible, no.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: March 05, 2013, 02:00:00 pm »

Liessssssssss

For the TARGET token, the wiki says:

Specifies how the creature chooses what to . Target ID refers to an I_TARGET defined in the interaction itself. Multiple target types can be specified. If no target is specified, creature will target any available target within range, even through walls. Valid target types:
     LINE_OF_SIGHT - the source needs to be able to see the target
    TOUCHABLE - the source needs to be able to touch the target
    DISTURBER_ONLY - the target must be whoever disturbed the source
    SELF_ALLOWED - the target can be the source
    SELF_ONLY - the target must be the source

So, leave out the selection token.  Problem solved.  Likely, it will only work thus in dwarf mode, since in adventure you can't actually do anything you can't see. I haven't tested it, but it is possible it may be a general "Raise everything within reach without selection" kinda reaction.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: March 05, 2013, 02:02:56 pm »

is there a way to mod the embarking wagon (i tried the creature called wagon but well it has no effect on that)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: March 05, 2013, 02:45:34 pm »

Liessssssssss

For the TARGET token, the wiki says:

Specifies how the creature chooses what to . Target ID refers to an I_TARGET defined in the interaction itself. Multiple target types can be specified. If no target is specified, creature will target any available target within range, even through walls. Valid target types:
     LINE_OF_SIGHT - the source needs to be able to see the target
    TOUCHABLE - the source needs to be able to touch the target
    DISTURBER_ONLY - the target must be whoever disturbed the source
    SELF_ALLOWED - the target can be the source
    SELF_ONLY - the target must be the source

So, leave out the selection token.  Problem solved.  Likely, it will only work thus in dwarf mode, since in adventure you can't actually do anything you can't see. I haven't tested it, but it is possible it may be a general "Raise everything within reach without selection" kinda reaction.
I was intending to make a radio broadcasting thing that affects all people of the home civ. Just a fluff thing.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: March 05, 2013, 03:03:04 pm »

Is weight the primary variable in determining when attacks will send victims flying? I had one adventurer who was sending people flying left and right with a 96-weight halberd, but my current adventurer (who is many times stronger) isn't having nearly as much luck with fists, staffs, etc.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:22 pm »

Is weight the primary variable in determining when attacks will send victims flying? I had one adventurer who was sending people flying left and right with a 96-weight halberd, but my current adventurer (who is many times stronger) isn't having nearly as much luck with fists, staffs, etc.
Weight and size are the main things, yes. The heavier your weapon is the more force can be transferred into the target, and the smaller the target is the more effect said force will have upon them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: March 05, 2013, 05:52:22 pm »

is there a way to mod the embarking wagon (i tried the creature called wagon but well it has no effect on that)

no

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:26 pm »

no

Is this true? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you could...something about fireballs, idk.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:17 pm »

no

Is this true?

yes

Is this true? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you could...something about fireballs, idk.

no

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: March 06, 2013, 01:33:17 am »

If you make a baby snatcher civ, do Dwarves lay siege? I got none in 10 years but considering I only got 2 human siege and 3 elven ambushes, I may have chosen a wrong position.

Also, is there something preventing goblins to trade with me? All the places I tried had "No trade". I wanted at least merchants so I can properly antagonize then.
Do they have [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and/or [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]?

They are vanilla gobelins and nope they do not seem to have those tags. That might explain then.

Edit : Massive elven ambush again, and an human siege that went badly. At least I know my citizens are not too strong in combat.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:01:29 am by Boltgun »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: March 06, 2013, 03:59:24 am »

Also for "Underground special" Is there any difference from that to a husk/thrall stat wise?

Yes. "Underground Specials" are exactly like raised corpses, using the fake "hitpoint" system and receiving no alteration to speed or stats. Thus, they are far, far weaker than husks.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 544