Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999429 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4560 on: March 22, 2013, 07:33:48 am »

[FLIER]
I wonder if I can make the Bone Dragons spew miasma as an attack... hmmm
They could spew a necrosis causing vapour, which would cause those affected to give off miasma and possibly rot to death.
woaahh.........

Do share the resulting bone dragons' raws when finished. That just sounds too cool to not share.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: March 22, 2013, 02:36:24 pm »

Okay, so I got my bone creature into the game and its pretty buggy.
Apparently it has no tissue thicknesses.
I made the body detail plans and stuff, so I don't understand what's going on.
Here are the raws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: March 22, 2013, 02:39:55 pm »

That is exactly what I meant when I said it would fill your errorlog.

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: March 22, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »

I did remove the other tissue types in the bonebeast_tissue_layer thing, so. It's only ARG1.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: March 22, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »

I did remove the other tissue types in the bonebeast_tissue_layer thing, so. It's only ARG1.

Post the raws for your tissue layer definition. Keep in mind you'll have to do more than just delete the ARGs you don't want; ARG1 is the skin layer in the vertebrate plan, and ARG4 is (or should be, if I'm correct about this) bone. So it's more like you'd have to get rid of everything except ARG4 and replace ARG4 with ARG1.

EDIT: Also, post your errorlog. I might be wrong or this might not be the problem, so it's probably better if you post the errorlog.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:47:12 pm by Spirit of Power »

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: March 22, 2013, 05:24:52 pm »

Post the raws for your tissue layer definition. Keep in mind you'll have to do more than just delete the ARGs you don't want; ARG1 is the skin layer in the vertebrate plan, and ARG4 is (or should be, if I'm correct about this) bone. So it's more like you'd have to get rid of everything except ARG4 and replace ARG4 with ARG1.

EDIT: Also, post your errorlog. I might be wrong or this might not be the problem, so it's probably better if you post the errorlog.

Here's the tissue layer thing.

And the errorlog.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: March 22, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »

Hey guys, I want to make a breed of blind cave badgers. I assume if I remove the eyes from the body plan that will make the species as a whole blind, but I'd kinda prefer to keep the eyes in their sockets but just unable to see anything. I also want them to be shearable, but I'm not sure exactly how to achieve that, since I haven't messed with tissue modding a bunch yet.

Oh, and the [CRAZED] tag won't interfere with animal training, right? Or will they still try to attack dwarves after training?

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: March 22, 2013, 05:35:00 pm »

Hey guys, I want to make a breed of blind cave badgers. I assume if I remove the eyes from the body plan that will make the species as a whole blind, but I'd kinda prefer to keep the eyes in their sockets but just unable to see anything. I also want them to be shearable, but I'm not sure exactly how to achieve that, since I haven't messed with tissue modding a bunch yet.

Oh, and the [CRAZED] tag won't interfere with animal training, right? Or will they still try to attack dwarves after training?

For the blind eyes, just make a new body part called 2EYES_BLIND or something, and remove the [SIGHT] token from them.

For the shearable stuff, just do the following:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:fur]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:fur]
[YARN]

That should work.
And for the last, crazed will interfere with animal training. They'll attack everything except their own race, regardless of whether they're domesticated or not.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: March 22, 2013, 05:56:13 pm »

Here's the tissue layer thing.

And the errorlog.

Ah. You forgot the SKULL, TOOTH, SPINE and HORN BPs.

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: March 22, 2013, 06:03:55 pm »

Thank you! It's working now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: March 22, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »

The crazed will, unfortunately, probably mess with animal training. Don't know about the rest though.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: March 23, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »

How would you suggest I put in a level up system for an RPG mod?

So far, I'm considering doing it by COMBAT_HARDNESS, but I can't seem to place where I put it. Because I have a lot more classes and races, rather than doing it like Deon did (one adventurer creature with several variations with interactions and skills), I have different base creatures (a shaman creature, barbarian creature, etc). I also want to place in specializations (i.e Basic Shaman -----> Bullroarer Shaman), which are unlocked by leveling to the right level and selecting it from the list of available specializations at that level.

However, what I can't figure out is where to put the leveling up syndrome. I know it needs to be some sort of self-targeted interaction, but I want to do it so you have it on spawning in the game world, and so when you start beating animals up for levels you eventually get the option to specialize available on your interaction screen.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: March 23, 2013, 03:39:47 pm »

Give it to every intelligent creature, and have it have a usage hint of GREETING. Give them a SELF_ONLY specialization interaction at certain levels. Fortbent does something similar: you can choose which role you want at the start. Each role has an 8% chance of appearing at the start, but there are 144 of them anyway. You may want a bit more of a chance.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: March 23, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »

I'll have a look at Fortbent. Thanks for the advice!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: March 23, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »

Sorry for double post, but what if I wanted to specialize more than once?

This is an hypothetical tree of specializations:
Basic Shaman ----> (Level 5/COMBAT_HARDNESS 5) -----> Bullroarer Shaman/Bearchosen Shaman ------> (Level 20/COMBAT_HARDNESS 20) Horn of the Wild(if bullroarer)/Claw of the Wild(if bearchosen) ------->(Level 45/COMBAT_HARDNESS 45) Nature's Protector (if horn)/Nature's Wrath (if claw)

If I have to do this with trueTransformation, would I have to ask permission to use the plugin as a part of the mod?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:19:20 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 544