Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002367 times)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4665 on: March 31, 2013, 08:26:31 pm »

It would be fine if they didn't start out cave adapted. That's in their lore. They were above ground before they were drawn to the barrow, but once in the barrow it's the magic of the barrow that sustains them.

I would want cave adaptation to start after a specific period of days, but then instead of just vomiting and lowered stats if they go outside, it hits them with the necrosis syndrome.

As usual, I have ideas beyond my modding capabilities. :)

As a workaround if I couldn't do this, I was thinking about just hitting them with the interaction at the beginning and have its timer start ticking, then have a little workshop reaction need to take place periodically in order to reset the timer.

Keeping them close and confined in the underground is crucial to their gameplay, so I've got to come up with something that does that and fits within the lore.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: March 31, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »

The problem is that the cave adaptation syndrome will hit them even while underground.

Your ideas are beyond my modding abilities, too. They're beyond everybody's.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »

Hrm. Well, back to the drawing board, I suppose.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: April 01, 2013, 01:05:14 am »

That's the thing: you can make something trigger with time spent underground, but you can't make something trigger with emergence from underground, such as the hard-coded nausea.

Unless, maybe you had a secondary syndrome (applied by something in the first one) that triggers when the counter resets to 0?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: April 01, 2013, 01:41:26 am »

The counter doesn't go down at all, I'm pretty sure.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: April 01, 2013, 02:14:24 am »

Not even when people are done vomiting and are once again fine in the sun? May require science, then. Well, what are we waiting for? People with working dfhack, test this now!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: April 01, 2013, 08:11:07 am »

Heh. I put a pin in it for now. I've got about a billion other things to do in this mod before I need to worry about this part.

Right now I'm going through "Kobold Camp" to try and figure out how he heals ogres. I think there might be a clue there on how I can do this.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4672 on: April 01, 2013, 09:41:23 am »

Heh. I put a pin in it for now. I've got about a billion other things to do in this mod before I need to worry about this part.

Right now I'm going through "Kobold Camp" to try and figure out how he heals ogres. I think there might be a clue there on how I can do this.

Interaction that greatly boosts RECUPERATION (which is a syndrome effect, can be applied through an interaction, syndrome giving methods like boiling stones or special food, etc..)

this will improve healing greatly, but the bone tissues are probably altered a bit so they do not require to be "set" to heal, which for pets you cannot "set" broken bones, thus never heal.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: April 01, 2013, 10:31:49 am »

Interesting. This might let me have all of my race start with a rotting syndrome, but if they get underground and build a workshop fast enough they could run a specific reaction to heal their rot.

I'm still struggling with this one but for now I've got a ton of workshop reactions to put together. I do not lack for things to do.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use Putnam's force script to force migrants as a reaction, and what the constraints would be. If you are already at your population cap, will more migrants be forced to come anyway? If your parent civilization has failed, where do more migrants come from?

I don't think there's any way to spawn a single citizen from a reaction, is there? I want to leverage Putnam's work, if possible, as it seems to give me the most options.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: April 01, 2013, 11:57:33 am »

I don't know if the script will force migrants past the popcap. Note that migrants are more "coax" than "force", as they stll won't come if you're on a different season than normal. Spawning a single citizen is a bit harder, to say the least.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »

I did some experimenting with it earlier via the command interface. It works pretty well for my purposes. I only tested it past the first "year", but the migrants come in summer, fall, and the following spring. Nothing happened when I tried it in winter. Haven't figured out how to force a siege appropriately yet though. Seems like I can only call elves, goblins, or my home civ.

Good work on those, by the way. How do I call it via a reaction?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: April 01, 2013, 12:43:20 pm »

Autosyndrome. Have a boiling stone with a boiling point of less than 9000 and these syn classes in a syndrome:

Code: [Select]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:force]
[SYN_CLASS:siege]
[SYN_CLASS:EVIL or PLAINS or FOREST or (not recommended) MOUNTAIN or (seriously DON'T DO THIS) player]

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: April 01, 2013, 12:54:56 pm »

Sweet! Thanks! I'll go try that out here in a bit.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: April 01, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »

Is there any way to mod the hydra so it will regrow lost heads? It'd definitely make things more fun especially since I recently caught one in a cage trap but am somewhat worried about losing it to bleeding.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:38 pm »

Is there any way to mod the hydra so it will regrow lost heads? It'd definitely make things more fun especially since I recently caught one in a cage trap but am somewhat worried about losing it to bleeding.

Yes, kind of. You could give it the reaction to transform into a Hydra, which will heal it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 544