Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002078 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4740 on: April 09, 2013, 06:00:08 am »

Switch production chances to one, remove [PRESERVE_REAGENT] from the line below,

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]

then make it produce a clone of said pick, to imitate breaking a pick while mining.

[PRODUCT:90:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

This has a 10% chance to break the pick each time the reaction is used.

And if you don't want to gain a masterwork pick in the process, remove mining. Mining governs how well you swing a pick anyway, so you might want to remove that to avoid brokeness.

Alternatively, use AdvFort in DFhack. It allows you to mine, among other things.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: April 09, 2013, 01:11:08 pm »

Does anyone know if invaders are pulled from historical figures, or are they generated on the spot like they were in .31.25?  I'm basically curious if a new caste I add after world gen will show up in invasions.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: April 09, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »

Does anyone know if invaders are pulled from historical figures, or are they generated on the spot like they were in .31.25?  I'm basically curious if a new caste I add after world gen will show up in invasions.
I believe that right now they are still just generated on the spot, but their leaders/generals are all historical figures when they siege you.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: April 09, 2013, 01:29:11 pm »

Cool, thanks.  Adding a new caste should work then.  Time to experiment.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: April 10, 2013, 07:40:52 pm »

Hello Gentlemen and women, how would I go about adding teeth to a bronze colossus? So's my modified adventurer can bite faces.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: April 10, 2013, 08:28:08 pm »

How would I make a creature out of different materials? Im planning on making a mod for me and my friends that add playable ghosts, needless, but fragile characters. I want to make them out of shadows, but their isnt a material for it, so how would I make a material? also, I want one caste to have a pumpkin head, so how would I differentiate the different materials for the different parts. The plan I had was (Head=Pumpkin) (Body=Shadow) and (Soul=a everything organ made of fire?) can anyone give me any pointers to do any of that?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:10 pm »

Hello Gentlemen and women, how would I go about adding teeth to a bronze colossus? So's my modified adventurer can bite faces.

Just add TEETH to the body.

How would I make a creature out of different materials? Im planning on making a mod for me and my friends that add playable ghosts, needless, but fragile characters. I want to make them out of shadows, but their isnt a material for it, so how would I make a material? also, I want one caste to have a pumpkin head, so how would I differentiate the different materials for the different parts. The plan I had was (Head=Pumpkin) (Body=Shadow) and (Soul=a everything organ made of fire?) can anyone give me any pointers to do any of that?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Modding_guide#Materials
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Modding_guide#Creature_materials_and_tissues

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: April 10, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »

Thanks Putnam, you're on a roll.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:53 am »

Is it possible to make an interaction with two simultaneous effects, like a syndrome and rock throwing, or a multi-element breath attack (just for the jumble of colors), or Dragonfire and TRAILING_DUST_FLOW?

Also, does total necrosis kills a target instantly, or does it just make the victim vulnerable to one hit kills (via swords, etc.)?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ViolinAnon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: April 11, 2013, 01:26:47 pm »

Hello, I made a new creature and I need some help with it.

Spoiler: Jumping Spider (click to show/hide)

My problem is that it's not a threat. At all.
I don't want it to just kill dwarves left and right, but it cannot kill an unarmed, unarmored and unskilled dwarf.
All it does is dent the skin.
How would I go about fixing that?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: April 11, 2013, 01:39:02 pm »

Is it possible to make an interaction with two simultaneous effects, like a syndrome and rock throwing, or a multi-element breath attack (just for the jumble of colors), or Dragonfire and TRAILING_DUST_FLOW?

Also, does total necrosis kills a target instantly, or does it just make the victim vulnerable to one hit kills (via swords, etc.)?

A custom interaction can have many simultaneous effects, but not including material emissions.  MATERIAL_EMISSION (which covers rock throwing and breath attacks) is itself a hard-coded interaction. .... actually on second thought, maybe, you can write your own new interaction with multiple I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION.

Necrosis is strange, even if very severe it doesn't seem to be fatal until the victim takes a hit (or possibly, enters some kind of state related to being in close combat?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:41:46 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: April 11, 2013, 02:04:55 pm »

Hello, I made a new creature and I need some help with it.
My problem is that it's not a threat. At all.
I don't want it to just kill dwarves left and right, but it cannot kill an unarmed, unarmored and unskilled dwarf.
All it does is dent the skin.
How would I go about fixing that?

if you want it to be a physical danger to dwarves, it's too small.  Make the creature bigger, or maybe you can try increasing the
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
to greater than 100 percent and see if that helps.

You can always make the SEV (severity) tokens on its poison effects much higher.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: April 11, 2013, 02:12:45 pm »

Yes (multiple I_EFFECTs).

The latter.

ViolinAnon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: April 11, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »

if you want it to be a physical danger to dwarves, it's too small.  Make the creature bigger, or maybe you can try increasing the
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
to greater than 100 percent and see if that helps.

You can always make the SEV (severity) tokens on its poison effects much higher.

The thing is, the venom never comes into play since it can't break the skin.
That's the only thing I'd need, I think. For it to break the skin and actually make 'em bleed.
And I just realised I haven't gave them teeth, so they just sorta gum their enemies.
Maybe that would help?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: April 11, 2013, 02:38:45 pm »

yes some combination of

teeth
bigger/stronger monster
smaller attack contact area
larger attack penetration perc